MP2 ($9.52)
      MP3 ($10.50)
      CO ($1.83)
      BTN ($17.24)
      SB ($1.90)
      Hero (BB) ($2.19)

Pre-flop: ($0.15, 9 players) Hero is BB 9:diamond: 9:heart:
      3 folds, MP2 calls $0.10, 4 folds, Hero raises to $0.50, MP2 calls $0.40

Flop: 7:diamond: 4:heart: 7:spade: ($1.05, 2 players)
      Hero bets $0.75, MP2 raises to $2, Hero?

Not sure where I should post this question. So I'll add it here. Is there anyway to avoid being trapped? It's happened a few times now, where someone limps JJ and I raise with a hand I wouldn't have raised with if they had raised with their Js. It's pretty clever play against SSS's, or not? What if I had AA/KK/QQ? Should I read weak as strong from all BS's?
  • 6 replies
    • matt1234
      matt1234
      Bronze
      Without stats hard to say really, not a lot you can do different, I'd do the same and go broke. If he's played like this with JJ though, you'll be playing the same with KK and when this flop comes off he pays you off. Still, he could make this play with A high, or smaller pockets.
    • Fongie
      Fongie
      Bronze
      Overpair = push :) He could be doing this with overcards or with a lower pocket pair, so go ahead and push and then make a note of it if he plays AA/KK or something this way so you know next time.

Always make the standard play the first time and then make notes
    • clicks
      clicks
      Bronze
      Thanks! Again I was facing JJ, hate it when they limp, next time I'll have KK!
    • burek2000
      burek2000
      Bronze
      When they're limping strong hands that should be raised preflop they are just making bad play and risking of being sucked out, so don't worry about it. You make a note on him and adjust your play against that opponent, but I think if he's limping JJ he's limping also a lot of worse hands, so you should just play as you did this time and you will be winning money from this guy in a long term.

As played, nh, nothing to add.
    • Agiz19
      Agiz19
      Bronze
      If people are limping strong hands I become passive at ceratin hand and try to get info for cheap. i have cracked quite a few pf monsters when people donk raise them and slowplaying them if you are really not sure what to do FOLD-it is always the best option.
    • ysessa
      ysessa
      Basic
      without stats there is nothing you can do overpair=nuts. so nice hand make a note that you maybe check behind sometimes the flop with air to avoid c/r but nothing more.