The best SSS strategy accordingly to limit?

    • tomzs
      tomzs
      Bronze
      Joined: 19.10.2008 Posts: 54
      Hello,

      I believe that for each limit we need proper strategy, for example when i played NL10, i just used information from BASIC and BRONZE articles - SHC, odds and outs, implied odds and how to play draws and i beated NL10 easely.

      Now i have started to play NL25 and it's not going so well anymore, so i would like to know how could i improve my game?

      1) Is it worth to start using stats on NL25? (i have read that there is no need for stats till NL50)

      2) What you think about bronze SHC? is it better than basic SHC?

      3) Should i start using information from SILVER and GOLD articles, like steals and resteals chart, SKlansky-Chubukov ranges, equity etc.?

      The point is, i don't want to make things worse, because i think that too advanced strategy on low limits may work even worse than less advanced. or maybe i'm wrong?

      So i would like to hear your advices about the optimal advancement for NL25


      Thanks,
      tomzs
  • 12 replies
    • hunt32
      hunt32
      Bronze
      Joined: 29.02.2008 Posts: 216
      Well I believe you can even play NL50 with Basic strategy, without stats, only implementing steals on own reads. But important thing is on which site you play and how tight/loose is it.

      If it's too tight you will not be well off with just basic strategy, but if there are more than few loose players willing to pay you off it is not necessary to start using advanced SSS.

      My advice is to find a site where you feel comfortable playing and feel that opponents are playing loose enough, that you can exploit that. It's often more profitable playing that kind of tables then lets say multitabling 15 tables on iPoker.
    • elhh82
      elhh82
      Bronze
      Joined: 03.09.2008 Posts: 6,838
      stick to basic strategy as much as possible but try to work in some adjustments on your own bit by bit and see what works for you. There is no sure win strategy for everyone, and basic strategy is mathematically sound for most situations.
    • tomzs
      tomzs
      Bronze
      Joined: 19.10.2008 Posts: 54
      Originally posted by hunt32
      Well I believe you can even play NL50 with Basic strategy, without stats, only implementing steals on own reads. But important thing is on which site you play and how tight/loose is it.

      If it's too tight you will not be well off with just basic strategy, but if there are more than few loose players willing to pay you off it is not necessary to start using advanced SSS.

      My advice is to find a site where you feel comfortable playing and feel that opponents are playing loose enough, that you can exploit that. It's often more profitable playing that kind of tables then lets say multitabling 15 tables on iPoker.
      Well I'm playing on PartyPoker at the moment and i don't know how tight/loose it's in comparison with other sites, but i know that on higher limits there are tighter players than on lower limits, so maybe it's time to try how steals and resteals works :)
    • Fongie
      Fongie
      Bronze
      Joined: 02.12.2006 Posts: 4,978
      NL25 is just like NL10, on stars they're even worse actually, it's a goldmine. NL50 you might want to start using stats.
    • ysessa
      ysessa
      Basic
      Joined: 11.07.2008 Posts: 1,331
      Hi tomzs when you dont have any hud program you should try to collect the informations that you can get for free.

      a) on party should be a lot of sss players so look who plays according to the strategy and make a note on him

      b) search for players if they are huge multitablers and make a note on him.


      with this 2 informations you can start stealing against this players, without stats you should just steal from the sb and maybe bu. start stealing with a good range like 66+,A6s+,K9s+,Q9s+,J9s+,T9s,98s,87s,A8o+,KTo+,QTo+,JTo. When someone calls you, you should make a half pot cbet on Dry A high boards and when you have hit a pair. You have to play a little bit more cautious because now you dont play the best hands anymore and can get into domination probs. Anyway in bvb toppair=nuts and you should normally go broke with it.

      Another point which you can start without stats is sc pushes, it will increase your winrate a little bit, but also increases your swings so dont start with it when you dont have a 50buyin brm at least.

      Could you please link me the bronze shc? but normally a looser shc is better.


      Best Regards

      Ysessa
    • tomzs
      tomzs
      Bronze
      Joined: 19.10.2008 Posts: 54
      Originally posted by ysessa
      Hi tomzs when you dont have any hud program you should try to collect the informations that you can get for free.

      a) on party should be a lot of sss players so look who plays according to the strategy and make a note on him

      b) search for players if they are huge multitablers and make a note on him.


      with this 2 informations you can start stealing against this players, without stats you should just steal from the sb and maybe bu. start stealing with a good range like 66+,A6s+,K9s+,Q9s+,J9s+,T9s,98s,87s,A8o+,KTo+,QTo+,JTo. When someone calls you, you should make a half pot cbet on Dry A high boards and when you have hit a pair. You have to play a little bit more cautious because now you dont play the best hands anymore and can get into domination probs. Anyway in bvb toppair=nuts and you should normally go broke with it.

      Another point which you can start without stats is sc pushes, it will increase your winrate a little bit, but also increases your swings so dont start with it when you dont have a 50buyin brm at least.

      Could you please link me the bronze shc? but normally a looser shc is better.


      Best Regards

      Ysessa
      Thanks for your reply,

      I'm using PT3 atm, but i have too small handhistory database for nl25, so there is no use of it ( maybe you can give me some links where i can download or buy databases for nl25 on party?)

      Can you please explain what "bvb" and "sc" means.

      Here is the link to bronze SHC:
      http://www.file-upload.net/download-1135855/Bronze-shc.pdf.html
    • elhh82
      elhh82
      Bronze
      Joined: 03.09.2008 Posts: 6,838
      bvb - blind v blind
      sc - sklansky chubukov
    • elhh82
      elhh82
      Bronze
      Joined: 03.09.2008 Posts: 6,838
      if you want to, you can try looking for the gold starting hand chart in the german forum, its a looser SSS
    • tomzs
      tomzs
      Bronze
      Joined: 19.10.2008 Posts: 54
      Originally posted by elhh82
      bvb - blind v blind
      sc - sklansky chubukov
      Thank you

      if you want to, you can try looking for the gold starting hand chart in the german forum, its a looser SSS


      hmm, looks like ps.com is german site, because there is much more articles than in english language, i wish i could understand german :) Can you please link me that german SHC? i would like to take a look.



      tomzs
    • elhh82
      elhh82
      Bronze
      Joined: 03.09.2008 Posts: 6,838
      switch your language to deutsch in the top right, look got the gold sss forum and u should see the thread for the sss-advanced chart there.
    • tomzs
      tomzs
      Bronze
      Joined: 19.10.2008 Posts: 54
      Originally posted by elhh82
      switch your language to deutsch in the top right, look got the gold sss forum and u should see the thread for the sss-advanced chart there.
      Found it, here is a link if somebody else want to check it out:

      http://de.pokerstrategy.com/forum/thread.php?threadid=231103


      tomzs
    • InsidiouZ
      InsidiouZ
      Bronze
      Joined: 02.12.2008 Posts: 1,426
      I just changed to NL20 on Ipoker and I have to say they are way looser there than at NL10. The problem that I had yesterday is that they call 9/10 cbets.