SSS = Death

• LPLDS
      LPLDS
      Bronze
      hi. . i got from 50$ to 96$ playing sng. but since my earns were very slow and i saw in the forum that many ppl consider the earns from cash games more stable.
      Results following 100% the SSS in ps.com = from 96$ -> 73$.
      cash games never again.
  • 16 replies
    • elhh82
      elhh82
      Bronze
      thats such a small downswing. you'll recover quickly if u stick to it. if u don't then you must be doing something else wrong.
    • LPLDS
      LPLDS
      Bronze
      the prob is that now i am afraid of cash games :/
    • EagleStar88
      EagleStar88
      Bronze
      Hi LP, Bart here again :)

Don't be afraid, don't forget that it's not actually your money you are risking, it's the $50 free from Pokerstrategy. Even if you lose it all (hopefully not), it's no great loss.

As already mentioned, the downswing you are experiencing is relatively small and always happens from time to time, just standard variance.

If you read through some of the blogs on sss, you'll find many a similar story early on.

Whilst I have been playing for several years overall, in October I went back to basics and started NL10 (FR) SSS...... 29,000 hands later & im just about breaking even prior to rakeback, bonuses etc (up quite a bit after inclusion of them).

SSS is always a hard slog and the most important thing during this time is the learning process, i.e. what hands work well, in what position, against what type of player etc. Also one aspect which is very difficult to handle early on is how to fold a good/very good hand.... difficult but vital if you want to progress up the limits later on.

Do not be in any rush to make money, that will only come after a while, many hands practice & after continued studying/re-studying the guides.

Don't rush, try to relax, have confidence in the guides & your own abilities & above all else, if unsure of anything, ask. There are a lot of very experienced, established players and coaches who just love to help us newer players out and provide guidance/encouragement.

Keep at it buddy,

Bart.
    • LPLDS
      LPLDS
      Bronze
      thanks man. i really appreciate ur post.
    • EagleStar88
      EagleStar88
      Bronze
      Originally posted by LPLDS
      thanks man. i really appreciate ur post.
      No problem, your never alone with PokerStrategy :D

^ Did that sound sinister? lol , you know what I mean, we've all been there.

Bart.
    • LPLDS
      LPLDS
      Bronze
      60 dollars right now.
      ya . i bet i will loose my entire bank roll by the end of the week
    • IngolPoker
      IngolPoker
      Black
      Did you ever use coachings/sample hand forums/user to user coachings?
    • alejandrosh
      alejandrosh
      Bronze
      Originally posted by LPLDS
      60 dollars right now.
      ya . i bet i will loose my entire bank roll by the end of the week
      read tilt articles maybe?

by the way, coachings , sample hands and stuff are usually great to improve your game , just don't play with the "i'll recover my money or go broke" actitude and you'll be fine.
    • Agiz19
      Agiz19
      Bronze
      stop right now. breathe in. and focus. Cash games slitghly deefers from sit and gos if you play sss is very good as it is explained and if you are playing by the book:) position is everything download a chart from ps and study some articles and dont play QJ,KJ,QT,KT,pockets lower than JJ if ur not in late position...The best way is to attend some coachings for sss beginers i am sure you will learn all the important things you need to play it. You can even ask some coaches and post some hands you lost or won to get feedback on diffrent situations you encountered during your sessions- it really helps. when I started here I was playing wrong making wrong decisions at the wrong time and YOU MUST LEARN HOW TO READ YOUR OPPONENTS and DO NOT DONK PLAY and be MONEY SCARED.

Thats from me for now if you have any questions just ask.

good luck at the tables.
    • Puciek
      Puciek
      Bronze
      This 50$ IS YOUR MONEY, if you loose it, then you've lost YOUR money not someone elses, if you can't bear that - quit because poker is all around money. But don't listen to cheap poor excuses.
    • Maniatrix
      Maniatrix
      Bronze
      They take back the 50$ after 90 days so I suggest you should not be so afraid of losing it.
    • lennert9
      lennert9
      Bronze
      I never heard anything about taking back the 50$.
    • Fongie
      Fongie
      Bronze
      They don't if you clear the bonus. If you don't clear it, they take it away (obviously).
    • LPLDS
      LPLDS
      Bronze
      well , i learned that i am an sng guy . i had 55 dollars 2 days ago.
      now playing 2 + 0.25 sng in full tilt i have 94 dollars.
      thx for the help guys
    • tytyty2121
      tytyty2121
      Bronze
      Do they really take the $50 back?

I understand that you must wager over 6000 points to get the $100 but it never mentions that you have to wager the initial bonus!
    • DiegoFueng
      DiegoFueng
      Bronze
      LPLDS, some people is just better in sng's than in cash tables, you should play where you are better and where you have fun. If you dont feel sure about playing cash tables, just play tournaments, you have a lot of time to learn how to play cash tables. :)

tytyty2121... they do it that's why you should care about that money, but they only take those $50, if you have $200 and you didn't complete the points, they're only gonna take $50, the rest is all yours :)