picking a site

• Gawdless73
      Gawdless73
      Bronze
      I have been playing poker for quite some time now, took a break for a while have come back and am playing regularly, but for the life of me I can't seem to be able to settle on a site (or 2). I will be once I consolidate my bankroll playing tournaments/sngs up to $7 and cash up to NL10 for now. It seems to me the fishier sites 888 and Ipoker have the highest rake out there where as Pokerstars has lower rake but way more grinders. Also any input on VIP would be good, wont be anywhere near top tier but still can be usefull. Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Sorry I guess I wasn't paying attention this would probably be better in general poker but I don't think I can move it.
  • 7 replies
    • la55i
      la55i
      Hi!

A few months back I had the same problem. Gala poker stopped accepting players from Finland and I had to find a new site to play at. I have played at many poker sites (stars, tilt, many microgaming and ipoker skins). At microgaming (unibet, 24h etc..) there is just too little traffic for me and I hate anonymous tables. While iPoker sites have decent first deposit bonuses and rakeback I hate the skins with the adverts at the corner of the tables. There is not too much traffic either and if I remember correctly there is no NL10 rush poker running at all. For me pokerstars is definitely the best site. Rakeback is smaller but the lower rake compensates it, traffic is very good and the client is nice. There is still plenty of fish at stars.
    • SDK1987
      SDK1987
      Originally posted by Gawdless73
      Sorry I guess I wasn't paying attention this would probably be better in general poker but I don't think I can move it.
      I have moved it for you to the general poker discussions :f_wink:

Cheers,
      SDK1987
    • Lazza61
      Lazza61
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      Hey Gawdless73,

If you need advice regarding a room then you should check our our Choosing the right Poker Room for you! thread. Just reply by answering the questions in the first post and we'll do our best to find the best room for you in regards to volume, traffic, bonuses, etc.

Cheers :f_drink:

Laz
    • Gawdless73
      Gawdless73
      Bronze
      Yes, of course I found that thread after I posted this. My biggest issue is the fact that the 2 I am most likely to settle on Pstars and or 888 are the only 2 sites not tracked to Pokerstrategy. 888 said if I really wanted I could delete the account and track one but Pstars not so much....
    • la55i
      la55i
      I have the same problem. I created my stars account before I joined pokerstrategy. It would be nice to earn strategy points but no can do. :f_rolleyes:
    • MrPink578
      MrPink578
      Bronze
      Personally my 2 favorites are 888 and Party. I just like the layouts and game play the best there. Also, I'm Canadian so I'm not really limited in my choices like Americans and some European countries.
    • Post removed