Hu play: 4 betting two nines better play than calling? (Playing the player)

• Bobuffalo3
      Bobuffalo3
      Basic
      100BB Heads up
      I do mix up my ranges in certain spots he would expect different. Assuming this a regular. Most regulars i've played with are always going to 3-bet wide, sometimes no matter what. I don't use any HUD technology, so im going off rough estimates about how much my opponent 3-bets, and Flds to 4-bets. I think raising size is important, especially with two nines if i decide to 4-bet. I would 3x/3.5x his 3 bet on average 10bb, so i make it 30-35bb, this will eliminate his implied odds for his weaker hands, and if he does make these types of calls with these types of hands (A2 suited, 22,33 ect, K9-J-10. It's usually a fold/shove situation on the flop. If he's the type of player that shoves pocket 88-AA-AK-AQ, then i still think im making a good play by 4-betting. To make him fold hands im lossing over %50 of the time if i just call and let him see a flop. (I dont think i'd get credit if i were to 4-bet like a Loose aggresive player). Thats my basic view on how i would play against a good thinking regular, or a selective aggresive player with High 3-bet frequency's.

Cheers Bo, Note: i will probably get :f_confused: reply's on my analysis :)
  • 1 reply
    • Bobuffalo3
      Bobuffalo3
      Basic
      Of course this is future reference for my opponent. "Folds to 5-bet" after first 4-bet in 50 hands or first 4-bet out of my 8-three bets. I don't mind, cause ill still mix up my ranges with calling 3-bets with AA-QQ, 4 betting 9-7s. Opposite expectations from what opponent thinks how i play. Well that's heads up and there's tons & tons of discussions & analysis to go through.