Lag v.s Lag Heads up

• Bobuffalo3
      Bobuffalo3
      Basic
      I consider myself quite loose & aggressive. But when im up against other Lag opponents ranging from the complete donk to well rounded poker players. I find it hard to optimize 3-betting/4 betting in value/Taking charge of the pot/ Re-stealing with consistency. If i choose to slow down because he knows how i play & because it's not working for me. He takes charge. Overall i don't mind as i balance my ranges in 3-betting, and 3/4 of the time I 4-bet im going to have a strong hand to play back. From a little experience, i think it's profitable to play like a Tag Regular than someone oddly crazy and spews chips when 4-betting A3, and my opponent 5-bets 78 or calls 4 bets, then shoves over my Continuation of he hits any pair, as he does-int believe me, i don't believe him. It's a Lag compromise. So at the start i do play a Lag style, to dominate my opponent. If he's also a Lag player, i try get the feel how he re-acts towards my 3-4 bets. If im taking down uncontested pots. I stick towards it, until he plays back how i described. Then i adjust if starting to become unprofitable in this way. I let him become the aggressor, trap him with my stronger range when either 3-betting or letting him value worse and bluff heaps. As he might suspect i haven't changed too much since we started playing. If he has, then he may win more smaller sized pots, but that sets me up in bigger pots where im going to have it because he knows im playing better hands and controlling my style. I can bluff with higher percentage, extract value for my made hands. :f_drink:

Id appreciate any comment about this, let me know what you think about this strategy, i know it's not much of a question, more like an explanation how i would approach a Heads up game. Sorry guys
  • 2 replies
    • SDK1987
      SDK1987
      I have moved you're thread to the general poker discussion board, because it's fits better.
      It would be nice to see more paragraphs in you're text. Than it's easier to read I think.

It looks like a good strategy if I read it well. I recommend checking our heads up videos as well. I think that could help you as well.

Cheers,
      SDK1987
    • Bobuffalo3
      Bobuffalo3
      Basic
      Yes thank you Sdk. I am new to forums and posting & sharing strategy. I Apologize about the poor paragraphing. I just like to get my mind out there so my confidence rises. I appreciate the comment. I always like feedback on my mistakes as i learn to improve on them. Looking forward to uploading more, get my mind out and about on this website. I will make post more clear next time.

Cheers, Bo