Using sage in HU sng's

• lennert9
      lennert9
      Bronze
      when playing super turbo sng's, 1 min blind levels, if I play decently during the low levels and the second the shortstack has 7 bb or less I go into sage, this should be a winning strategy right?
  • 4 replies
    • dzejkej
      dzejkej
      Bronze
      yes, it is not optimal, but it is a winning strategy :)
    • sahists
      sahists
      Bronze
      It may not be optimal when shorter stuck has about 10BB or slightly more, but it is still best option if you feel that your opponent is better then you, but it is definatly optimal and most profitable aproach when smolest stuck is 7 BB or less.
    • dzejkej
      dzejkej
      Bronze
      Originally posted by sahists
      It may not be optimal when shorter stuck has about 10BB or slightly more, but it is still best option if you feel that your opponent is better then you, but it is definatly optimal and most profitable aproach when smolest stuck is 7 BB or less.
      don't agree it is optimal below 7 BB .. if your opponent is folding too much, then optimal play is pushing wider range, etc., sage is unexploitable, so skill advantage of your opponent is neutralized, but it is not the most profitable way .. we discussed about it in a coaching :D
    • sahists
      sahists
      Bronze
      Well I didn't wisited thet couching but I guess then it is righ, but as I am multitabling then I am more then satisfacted with SAGE because it makes life a lot easyer and my experience shows that bad players tend to fold a lot when they shouldn't for example there is a lot of situations when it is heads- up and we boath have equal stacks and about 7BB and I just play acording to sage and soon I am chip leader with 2 to 1. I mean that when you have a limited time to decidionmaking then SAGE is your best friend and advantage by pushing wider when op is rock in heads- up must be tiny and requires reads that is hardly possible when multitabling.