Uncommon question here (about play money tables)

• 10 replies
    • lennert9
      lennert9
      Bronze
      no, nothing but donks there everybody calls with atc... perhaps if you could get into the really high limits, but nomally I don't think you would be making progress
    • johnnydavis
      johnnydavis
      Basic
      Yeah i noticed that,i'm not a experienced player (well,i started to study poker bout a month ago) but i'm serious about that and for example;
      minutes ago,i had a flush ace high and people re-raised me with 55...
      I was SURE that no-one else could have a hand better than mine and they still raise...
      well thanks for replie,gonna play real money (low limits ofc) as fast i can and keep studyng...
      it may looks a lil crazy,but i wanna be a PRO smile
    • kukkiwonBG
      kukkiwonBG
      Bronze
      johnnydavis you might first want to grind about 3-400k hand before want to be a PRO.
      Then you will know what you really want ;)

And on the play money tables the only thing that you can do is to get some very bad habits.

Still I wish you a great poker career :)
      Start learning and if you want it you can get there...

Best regards,
      kukkiwonBG
    • johnnydavis
      johnnydavis
      Basic
      Well,if playmoney tables don't get u better..
      Why keep it so long? (i mean,3-400k don't look too hard at those tables,but may take a while..) why don't just get a 50 $ deposit and begin the real thing asap?

like i said,i'm new to poker...give more opinions pls....

why u guys just don't tell me how did YOU DO?
      I mean,how long did u stick at playmoney before going to real money?what was ur level of experience when did u decide to go further?

maybe ppl will tell me "when you feel you are good enough" but i feel like "how can i be good if i don't go to the real thing"..

expecting replies...please tell me i'm completely WRONG about everything,if that is the true
    • phpps
      phpps
      Bronze
      try the freerolls (free tourneys) at the sites and see how successful you are at that, once your get through 50% of the people the skill level picks up and you can get a better judge of your skill level. See how you do at that, and i mean try many tourneys cause there is a certain amount of luck involved.

If you do well at that you can even win some money, i won 25 in a freeroll once placing 9th out of 10000.

I would have to agree with the previous comment about picking up bad habits at the play money tables, you dont get a good idea of the proper odds and how people play proper poker.

Most importantly nothing happens over night so dont give up, always look to learn new strategies and there is always room for improvement.

Good luck to you!!
    • GunFlavoured
      GunFlavoured
      Bronze
      Jump straight in to the real thing, dont bother with play money. Everyone at the low limits will probably be worse than you anyway. Just read the basic/bronze articles first and you will be fine, just follow good bankroll management and be patient.
    • EagleStar88
      EagleStar88
      Bronze
      Agree with pphps,

Steer clear of play money tables, nothing you can learn there except bad habits and it doesn't reflect how real money tables are played.

Enter as many freeroll MTT tournaments as you can to get free experience under your belt.

When, after studying, you feel confident enough to start, try micro level table.

Good luck,

Bart
    • andyb43
      andyb43
      Bronze
      Playing with play money for a short while can do no harm...maybe a few hundred hands.

It will at least give you a feel for the game and how things work. In the end practice is more valuable than studying articles if you are a rookie.

Just don't put any worth on how good or bad you do with play money, as results are fairly meaningless.

Once you have a feel for the game and the software move to .01/.02

MTT freerolls are also full of donks until the latter stages when all the donks have bean knocked out.

Good luck :P
    • delete461
      delete461
      Bronze
      hi johnny

I also wanna be a pro, I started studying poker just a few months ago. I have a blog here if you want to check it out

I played playmoney for a month or so before switching to real money - it doesnt help with strategy but I used that time to study things like outs and odds, psychology, table selection etc so when I started with the real thing I had some basic knowledge.

One important thing is that the minute you start with real money, you have to be in the right state of mind. Dont continue with things you have learned in playmoney, you are starting from scratch.

Good luck
    • TheBrood
      TheBrood
      Bronze
      High limit playchip tables are like micro limit $ tables in strength.