Should you use an Avatar?

• Chazza
      Chazza
      Bronze
      Hey guys,

I was thinking the other night, On partypoker now and on pokerstars previously you can add an avatar, but are they a good idea to post your own?

I know from playing on Titan that any player with a funny name was easy to remember, but a person with a TTR193738393 sort of name was more difficult. I think the same must be true for an avatar, maybe even more. I would remember anyone with an individual picture much more than one with the original dog or cat or whatever.

Anyway, long story short, on micro and low limits what are opinions on posting an avatar and its effect on other players recognising you.
  • 1 reply
    • opal99
      opal99
      Black
      very good question;

I'm not using it, because don't want to be recognized by fish and maniacs. The thing is they don't care too much who's playing with them, but even the most impercipient opponent can notice you are playing with him every day and he's losing everytime he plays with you.
      Good players are using stats, so they don't care about your picture or name the most of the time, but you're helping them with seat selection if you have easy to recognize picture (it takes some time the HUD to start when new table is opened).

Having name like TTRxxxxxxxxxxx is great and I'd like to have similar option on Stars...

btw: I'm not sure if I remember correctly, but I think it was possible to change your screen name on Party like 6-8 months ago

other opinions?? :)