Buy-in amount on Titan

• rowzee
      rowzee
      Bronze
      I'm considering starting to play NL BSS on Titan on the lowest possible stakes, .01/.02, but I'm not sure for how much should I buy in. The strategy articles say that the player should always buy in for the maximum, but for these .01/.02 tables the maximum is $5 which would make me ridiculously deep with 250BB. Should I buy in for $2 instead? If, however, $5 is the optimum amount, wouldn't it be better to start off with the .02/.04 tables since they also have a maxium buy-in of $5 (so 125BB)?
  • 5 replies
    • Puciek
      Puciek
      Bronze
      0.1/0.2 may be more juicy especialy on titan (no SSS allowed) and a lot more newbs.
    • andyb43
      andyb43
      Bronze
      Authors such as Harrington recommend you sit down with the max buy in possible.

The reasoning goes that you want to win as much of you opponents stack as possible when you hit a good hand.

For example if you have $2 and the villan has $5 and you find yourself all-in, you can only win $2 of his $5. If you had $5 you take his entire stack.

Of course the downside to this is that you can loose more in the same situation if you lose the hand......................

Ultimately you have to do what you feel comfortable with and how many tables you are playing. eg playing 2 tables with $5 each would represent 20% of your starting capital. I started with $2/table until I was winning regular.
    • rowzee
      rowzee
      Bronze
      Originally posted by andyb43
      The reasoning goes that you want to win as much of you opponents stack as possible when you hit a good hand.
      That's what I was thinking, but for a beginner it might be better to buy in for 100BB to minimize losses.
    • vhallee
      vhallee
      Bronze
      Moved to Titan Poker Forum.
    • TheBrood
      TheBrood
      Bronze
      Most ppl recommend to buy-in full but I dont mind buy in for less untill you are comfortable with your game.