[NL2-NL10] NL50, KQo, blindbattle

• burek2000
      Known players:

0,25/0,5 No-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.65 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BB with K:diamond: , Q:spade:
      4 folds, SB raises to $1,00, Hero calls $0,50.

Flop: ($2,00) 5:spade: , 2:heart: , T:club: (2 players)
      SB bets $1,50, Hero folds, SB gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $2,00

I'd like some advise on this one...

The villain seemed pretty tight even after only 85 hands also didn't seem to steal much and I had an increased stack that I didn't want to spend on a marginal hand like KQo.

So, normally I would reraise preflop to 3$ and see what happens, but as mentioned I didn't want to risk my bigger stack, so I decided to make a call since he gave me so great odds and I folded flop because I only hit trash.
  • 5 replies
    • Agiz19
      I would call the flop and try to get it on the turn. If you fold just like that in blind battle dont even call a minraise pf.
    • par2005
      Exactly - at least if I would defend my blinds, i would defend them stronger.
    • burek2000
      I think I have about 3:1 odds to hit K or Q on the flop and that's what my pot odds preflop were, so that's why I decided to call, if it was a bigger steal raise I would have folded pre... So, I was only going for a made hand on the flop.

But I agree, I shouldn't have given up so fast. That's why I'm posting this hand, to get more value out of blind battles in the future. Nevertheless, cheap fold is never a mistake. :)
    • Fongie
      I don't think you should like ever defend your blinds passively, or you will be in the same situation as here - you have no idea what villain has. If you reraise preflop, it is actually less risky because you can easily fold to a reraise and on the flop if you don't hit.
    • IngolPoker
      nice hand, you can also 3bet preflop, but calling a minraise IP is fine _if you know how to play postflop_