Points mean cash promotion

• hunt32
      hunt32
      Bronze
      I've asked the PP support about this promotion but they just copy/pasted the terms and conditions (???).

Anyway did anyone understood clearly do you keep the points after the promotion or does "the points will be redeemed after the promotion" mean you will receive cash in exchange for the points.

I assume it's the latter, which doesn't make it a great promotion since you get a bit more then you would get by buying cash in shop and less then you would get buying bonus at shop.
  • 5 replies
    • Gerv
      Gerv
      Bronze
      Previous promotion of POints mean cash under the old VIP system was just accumulating standard partypoints and when you reach the x mark, you get Y money ;)
    • caltabiano
      caltabiano
      Bronze
      I got a more complete reply from them. The points will indeed be deducted from our accounts. Here's what they told me:

"Dear Felipe,

Thank you for contacting Customer Care.

I would like to inform you that according to the rules of our incredible Points mean cash promotion, you will get a prize as long as you collect 5,000 or more PartyPoints from December 15, 2008 through January 31, 2009. At the end of the promotion you will be notified that the PartyPoints earned during the promotion period will be redeemed and your cash will be credited to your account. In other words the points you have accumulated will be deducted from your PartyPoints balance and you will get a cash bonus credited to your account.

However, this is only part of the promotion, once you have accumulated these 5 000 points or more, you will become a member of our Palladium Lounge. There you will be provided with an exceptional level of service, delivering the personal touch through exclusive promotions, a designated team on-call 24/7, and benefits you will not find anywhere else.

For more details on the Promotion, please follow the link below:

http://www.partypoker.com/news/items/points_mean_cash.html

If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to contact us as we are available round the clock to help you.

Thank you for choosing us as your online gaming site.

Sincerely,

Aneliya

Customer Service

Have Fun and Gamble Responsibly "
    • Reanimater
      Reanimater
      Bronze
      The benefit of the Points mean cash promotion:

+you get 47 days in order to reach VIP status and get into the Palladium

vs the usual

- 30 days only available and you have to make the Points for the last calendar month.

There is indeed a catch into this promotion, but the thing is that anyone who qualifies becomes a VIP.

In other words bonus extortion is available in your arsenal for the next 30 days : )

Good luck on picking the needed amount of PartyPoints!
    • Yoghi
      Yoghi
      Black
      Kinda bumping this thread up but...

Don't you become a member of the Palladium Lounge anyway if you reach 5000 points/month?
    • Reanimater
      Reanimater
      Bronze
      yes, of course you do.

it's just that many of the players cannot make 5000 PartyPoints in 30 days.

if you plan on becoming vip on another month and still using the points, I would suggest that you do that :P

getting some buy-a-bonuses would by much better as a compensation. and of course you will give partypoker.com more time to work out some better bonuses and benefits for next month (march)