833fy's Tourney Travels

• 833fy
      833fy
      Bronze
      Hi,

I'll write a more detailed post of my situation and plan next but first is to set my bankroll goal. I aim to grow my bankroll from $103.73 to $1000. Mainly playing turbo STTs, but also some MTTs and begin to play HU SNGs as it should improve my HU play/ROI in STTs.

833fy
  • 6 replies
    • SvenBe
      SvenBe
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      He 833fy,

welcome in our BR Challenge & to our forum.
      Which room are you playing at? Did you just start Playing Poker in January when you joined us?

CU,SvenBe
    • 833fy
      833fy
      Bronze
      Mostly on Stars, started playing in 2014.
    • SvenBe
      SvenBe
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      Hi 833fy

how is it going? We were missing your first report in our Get Rich or Die Tryin' - The Bankroll Challenge - Reporting thread !
      Any big tournament success in the last week - if so, I am also hoping for an update here

CU,SvenBe
    • 833fy
      833fy
      Bronze
      Weekly Update:

Tournaments played: 86
      Bankroll: $102.02 (-$1.71)

I tried to put a lot of volume in this week, to get a better feel of how I should be played at the lowest stakes. I improved through the week initially calling way too much in the early stages of the STT putting me on the back foot post flop. I've improved by looking more at areas such as calling ranges and the effect of the bubble, building a simple ranges sheet against common bubble pushing. Also 3betting more against what I think are wide opens has allowed me to accumulate chips around the bubble phase.

I'm contemplating getting ICMIZER 2, I'm not sure if its only worth investing in after I've built my bankroll a bit.
    • 833fy
      833fy
      Bronze
      Breakthrough!

After downloading the free trial of Holdem Resources, I created my own push/call/overcall charts for the different spots in the STT producing a spreadsheet with probably too many ranges on it. Playing with the Nash ranges with small adjustments based on opponent ranges I have started to make more of a profit in the 50c 9-man's.

The main things its taught me are how tight you should be calling around the bubble and how wide you can shove in the SB on the bubble (exploiting risk premium). Avoiding big pot situations early in the tournament is helping me get to a lot of bubbles where I know my opponents will be making their most mistakes and giving up $ev.

Bankroll currently: $118.89

Thinking of moving up to the $1.50s, going to have a look at the effect of the antes on my ranges.
    • SvenBe
      SvenBe
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      He 833fy,

how is it going with Holdem Resources Calculator? Any improvements in your game?
      We're also waiting for your latest report for the BR challenge... Get Rich or Die Tryin' - The Bankroll Challenge - Reporting thread

CU,SvenBe