BB:
      $9,50
      CO:
      $24,55
      Hero:
      $14,30

0,25/0,5 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)

Preflop: Hero is BU with 9:heart: , 9:club:
      5 folds, CO calls $0,50, Hero raises to $2,50, SB folds, BB calls $2,00, CO raises to $4,50, Hero calls $2,00, BB folds.

CO l/minRRaises me while BB defends his ''blind'' by calling, I was rather confused by the minRRaise and since Villain is quite unknown, I did not really knew what to do (call/push/fold) because I had a significant bigger stack. The only thing I knew was $4.5+$2.5+$2.5+$0.25:$2 = 4.85:1~

What would you do? and what is your motivation to do it?

Flop: ($11,75) 5:diamond: , J:spade: , 7:club: (2 players)
      CO bets $2,50, Hero raises to $9,80 (All-In), CO calls $7,30.

So I decided to call this one and the flop comes semi-solid for me, CO bets 5bb into a 24bb pot roughly 1/5. Should I perceive that as Weakness or Strenght? I decided to go for it, calling would make me pot committed and fold is rather nitty but often the correct play if you are unsure.

Best regards,
      Gerv
  • 2 replies
    • ysessa
      ysessa
      Basic
      when you think you are ahead against his range push/ when not fold.. i dont like calling he can fold overcards on the flop and will valuetown with overpairs etc..
    • allizdoR
      allizdoR
      Bronze
      calling for setvalue my be an option.

2 way against this op I consider to go broke on the Flop and make a note.

He will l/r many PP's, and some Trash, of course he is unknown.

But more likely is to push or fold Preflop. The call from BB is also a bit unlikly, which could means, he will trap you.