[NL2-NL10] NL50 AQo Monoboard+Donkbet

• 9 replies
    • ysessa
      ysessa
      Basic
      calling makes no sense here, when you are ahead you want to protect and dont want to see a 4th :spade: easy shove
    • allizdoR
      allizdoR
      Bronze
      its too drawy for calling and I am quite sure, that we have the best hand here, so protect.
    • Alan883
      Alan883
      Bronze
      I really don't understand why are we so sure, that we have the best hand here.

As a begginer i don't see a reasons for raise and in that situation i just want to fold.

Can somebody explain me why me should act here as we have a made hand and why we want to protect it?

Thanks a lot.
    • Gerv
      Gerv
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Alan883
      I really don't understand why are we so sure, that we have the best hand here.

As a begginer i don't see a reasons for raise and in that situation i just want to fold.

Can somebody explain me why me should act here as we have a made hand and why we want to protect it?

Thanks a lot.
      Well one can assume that the probabilty of someone calling you with Q together with another , the highest possibilty of a flopped flush is a Royal Flush (Q:sJ), other holdings are 89s etc.etc. but the probabilty that some hits a flushboard (monoboard) is roughly 1%~ therefore we have to protect against any that can come on the Turn or River because % probabilty that someone has 1 spade in his hand is significantly bigger than 2 in an opponents hand :)

I didnt knew this percentage before although I should learn this by heart (flopped flushes probabilty etc.)

Best regards,
      Gerv
    • DaPhunk
      DaPhunk
      Bronze
      Easy Fold Imo, Villain will hold QJ of :spade: 100% of the time in this spot ;)
    • Gerv
      Gerv
      Bronze
      Originally posted by DaPhunk
      Flopping a flush is quite small in terms of probability so flopping a royal will make it even close to zero% but it is either 1 spade or 2 spades or some kind of donkeymonkey move :O
    • DaPhunk
      DaPhunk
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Gerv
      Flopping a flush is quite small in terms of probability so flopping a royal will make it even close to zero% but it is either 1 spade or 2 spades or some kind of donkeymonkey move :O
      I was expecting a "Lol" but got so much more ;)
    • burek2000
      burek2000
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Gerv
      I was expecting a "Lol" but got so much more ;)
      Ahahahaha!

It's good to see judges taking the work seriously though. :)
    • Gerv
      Gerv
      Bronze
      Im always Syria eh Serious :D