Account in mothers name, 5 years old

    • DREAMC4T
      DREAMC4T
      Bronze
      Joined: 13.10.2009 Posts: 970
      On one of the bigger sites I'm quite sure there's an account in my mothers name from 5 years back, untouched. It should have my old email and I think I used my card on it as well. I haven't played on it since I turned 18 (at least I think so). I've had an account in my own name there since like age 19 or so (4-5 years ago) which I've played on from time to time. I'm thinking of moving alot of my roll and action there. But I don't want to find myself binking a tournament only to have them to a thorough check on me and freeze my junk. Or do they even do that? Or can I (or my mother) claim the old ones hers?

      Should I tell them the story? Lie? Leave it be?
  • 10 replies
    • Dadramel
      Dadramel
      Silver
      Joined: 10.08.2014 Posts: 2,198
      I believe they don't care if two accounts are from the same household. One name = one account permitted.

      Though, they propably are to verify both of them if money transfer request occurs and money's heavy.
    • DREAMC4T
      DREAMC4T
      Bronze
      Joined: 13.10.2009 Posts: 970
      Originally posted by Berezovaya
      I believe they don't care if two accounts are from the same household. One name = one account permitted.

      Though, they propably are to verify both of them if money transfer request occurs and money's heavy.
      So maybe I should just leave them be? I just get the sick feeling in my stomach that if I one day... Perhaps I should just tell my mother to ask them to close the account. I think they actually remove accounts that's been unactive for five years upon request. (?)
    • Dadramel
      Dadramel
      Silver
      Joined: 10.08.2014 Posts: 2,198
      You should definitely request for money transfer. If you want to close the account, just write them an email. 'Simply not using your account is equivalent to closing it, as the system will recognize it is inactive after a six month period'. But only if you haven't visited the account through those 6 months.

      I had the same problem (few years ago closed "my dad's account") and there was no obstacle to do so. Go on then.
    • DREAMC4T
      DREAMC4T
      Bronze
      Joined: 13.10.2009 Posts: 970
      Originally posted by Berezovaya
      You should definitely request for money transfer. If you want to close the account, just write them an email. 'Simply not using your account is equivalent to closing it, as the system will recognize it is inactive after a six month period'. But only if you haven't visited the account through those 6 months.

      I had the same problem (few years ago closed "my dad's account") and there was no obstacle to do so. Go on then.
      Money transfer? Que? I'll have my mother write them and take it down and then start the grinding!
    • Lazza61
      Lazza61
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      Joined: 23.03.2011 Posts: 9,198
      Hey DREAMC4T,

      If your mother no longer plays, then it won't be an issue. At some sites though they only allow bonuses (i.e. Free money, FDB) once per household.

      Regards

      Laz
    • DREAMC4T
      DREAMC4T
      Bronze
      Joined: 13.10.2009 Posts: 970
      Originally posted by Lazza61
      Hey DREAMC4T,

      If your mother no longer plays, then it won't be an issue. At some sites though they only allow bonuses (i.e. Free money, FDB) once per household.

      Regards

      Laz
      Alright. And the chance of them looking into it and finding my old visa card linked to mothers account is slim to none? #paranoid haha
    • Lazza61
      Lazza61
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      Joined: 23.03.2011 Posts: 9,198
      Originally posted by DREAMC4T
      Originally posted by Lazza61
      Hey DREAMC4T,

      If your mother no longer plays, then it won't be an issue. At some sites though they only allow bonuses (i.e. Free money, FDB) once per household.

      Regards

      Laz
      Alright. And the chance of them looking into it and finding my old visa card linked to mothers account is slim to none? #paranoid haha
      Ahhh. Fair enough.
    • MrPink578
      MrPink578
      Bronze
      Joined: 15.11.2015 Posts: 530
      I would contact the sites support group before doing anything and see what they say.
    • DREAMC4T
      DREAMC4T
      Bronze
      Joined: 13.10.2009 Posts: 970
      Originally posted by MrPink578
      I would contact the sites support group before doing anything and see what they say.
      Where do I find them? Here or you mean their own support?
    • Dadramel
      Dadramel
      Silver
      Joined: 10.08.2014 Posts: 2,198
      Originally posted by MrPink578
      I would contact the sites support group before doing anything and see what they say.
      Hi there, Captain Polite! I don't recommend you to write to 'em. They won't pat u on the back and say "it's good you let us know" but propaly will forbid you open the new account. Just withdraw the money, your most likely won't be asked about those links.