This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

Bankroll challenge - **moved to new blog - Becoming a shark!**

• stompy91
      stompy91
      Bronze
      Hi guys, :f_thumbsup:

**Moved to New blog - Becoming a shark!*

Bankroll Challenge results in spoiler :

Starting bankroll : $50
      Week 1 - $129.87
      Week 2 - $130.80
      Week 3 - $82.42
      Week 4 - $362.87
      Week 5 - $260.00
      Week 6 - $210.39
      Week 7- $410.39 + Moved to Betfair - New bankroll : €400
  • 49 replies
    • SvenBe
      SvenBe
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      Hi Stompy & welcome in the challenge - looks interesting to go through all the stakes!
      I've been living & studying in Paisley 12 years ago, so - I enjoyed the rain, too :-)

Looking forward to your reports on how the opponents differ on all the stakes.
      Please also give us your weekly report in our Get Rich or Die Tryin' - The Bankroll Challenge - Reporting thread !

Have a nice grind, SvenBe
    • DREAMC4T
      DREAMC4T
      Bronze
      Hey! Good luck with the challenge :) I'm thinking about starting a similar one on some network for fun. When you say rakeback on 888 you mean their integrated vip-system? Or you actually get rakeback somehow?
    • srna10
      srna10
      Bronze
      Good luck mate! :f_thumbsup:

I'm playing at 888, FR, and currently stuck at NL6 with constant ups and downs X(

Hope you will crush and reach yours goals, anyway :gl:
    • stompy91
      stompy91
      Bronze
      Thanks Sven, dream cat and srna :)

The rakeback is only in the form of reward points which are worth very little. I signed up to most poker sites when I was 18 and knew nothing about rakeback so I can't get any rakeback deals as far as I know.

I'm doing decent at the moment up to around $100 so hoping to get rid of $4nl soon.

Good luck and I'm sure you will get through and join me at $100nl !
    • stompy91
      stompy91
      Bronze
      Maybe this time is my time! :f_biggrin:

Just binked a $2.50 SNAP tournament on 888 for $178 :D I was 39/45 at one point and i never re-bought!

We did a deal on ICM and i had more chips :) I lost the flips afterwards though haha so technically i was 2nd but it'll do!

Will be doing a full update with graphs on Sunday/Monday to include my grinding :D
    • DREAMC4T
      DREAMC4T
      Bronze
      Originally posted by stompy91
      Maybe this time is my time! :f_biggrin:

Just binked a $2.50 SNAP tournament on 888 for $178 :D I was 39/45 at one point and i never re-bought!

We did a deal on ICM and i had more chips :) I lost the flips afterwards though haha so technically i was 2nd but it'll do!

Will be doing a full update with graphs on Sunday/Monday to include my grinding :D
      Alright! Nice one :s_drink:
    • Pkrpains
      Pkrpains
      Silver
      Congrats on your nice little bink sir, they always feel good. :) Will follow your progress, good luck!
    • stompy91
      stompy91
      Bronze
      Haha thanks pkrpains!

It's especially good because I'm not crushing yet but it takes some pressure off me and I can focus on improving my game. Nothing on your last score though 😉
    • stompy91
      stompy91
      Bronze
      Mini update while I'm bored at work 😃

Cashed out $100 of my win (mainly so I am not tempted to play higher when my ability is not there yet) and played a bit last night but lost my 5 buy ins @ 6NL. I also put on a couple of football bets for today so maybe boost my roll later on ⚽

I will continue playing 4NL/6NL and also some 5NL snap until I reach $250 and then take a 5 buy in shot @ 10NL

Current roll : $140
    • stompy91
      stompy91
      Bronze
      Just played the best session in term of quality i have ever played. :f_thumbsup:

I watched the online coaching and focused before grinding then went and hit the 6NL tables and played superb.

Graph :

I feel i am finally starting to realize mistakes myself and try and change them. A lot of which are off the table but i am determined to reach 100NL within 1 year.

Hope everyone is having a great Saturday night!
    • DREAMC4T
      DREAMC4T
      Bronze
      Nice, solid graph! :s_drink:
    • stompy91
      stompy91
      Bronze
      Hi there guys, :s_cool:

So far i've had a mixed week for my first week back at the tables but looking purely at bankroll it was a good week.
      My bankroll challenge is here :
      Week 1
      Starting roll : $50
      Hands : 13,288
      winnings : -$4.92
      Tournament win : +$178(-$2.50BI)
      Cash out : -$100
      Current roll : $129.87

Graph :

I still have a lot to learn and although i have not made profit this week from cash games i can finally say i am actually looking at where i am losing money and trying to work out how to solve them.

Any advice on spotting leaks on HM2 would be greatly appreciated as i only know a couple of the things W34z3l showed me when i did an hours coaching last year and i'll be honest, I can barely remember it apart from the auto profit spots in the blinds.

Today i will be starting the grind at 4pm so hope fully i can have a decent run tonight and i will play a couple of the $1 tourneys on 888 in the last few mins of late reg and try to win another one :D

Hope you have a good Sunday and good luck to DREAMC4T - The guy is gonna win something big tonight! :truestory:
    • stompy91
      stompy91
      Bronze
      Unlucky DREAMC4T ! Better luck next Sunday.

Update :
      - Losing @ NL4 so have stopped playing (running awful)
      - Crushing @ NL6
      - Bought gold status
      - 3 hours studying on Sunday

I am understanding a lot more and have been trying to work on my red line as this looks like my biggest leak of many that I can change fairly easily.
      I will upload some graphs and results when I get home but I'll be hoping to try NL10 this coming weekend (once I get over $220) :D

Again, if anyone has any tips on filters to use on HM2 then please let me know.

Many thanks :)
    • stompy91
      stompy91
      Bronze
      Graphs :
      Overall

NL4

NL6

You can see with the NL6 graph i have been working a lot on my non-showdown winnings as i believe this is a big part in getting 10bb/100 winnings.

Going to watch another of W34Z3L's videos then start my grind :)

Bankroll : $154.73
    • stompy91
      stompy91
      Bronze
      I got off to a rough start today and lost 3-4 BI's but i stayed strong, had a break and came back to book a winning session :

My results so far : (you can see the improvement with the redline on NL6 :f_thumbsup:

NL6 :

NL10 :

Overall :

Bankroll : $177.67

Im running way over EV in the 6NL games but way under EV at the soft NL10 tables so im going to keep playing NL6 for now until i reach at least $250. I have been checking the lobby and there has been quite a few very soft NL10 games going but have not run well in them at all and they are a chunk in my bankroll so i need to stop playing them.

Goodnight all.
    • stompy91
      stompy91
      Bronze
      Absolutely horrible week :(

Bankroll : $130.80
    • stompy91
      stompy91
      Bronze
      Ended up tilting and almost losing my roll this week due to tilting off the tables but luckily i am determined to fix these mental game leaks properly and i will start again.
      I recently tried to purge out all other hands apart from NL6 and ended up wiping my full database so i am pretty much starting allover again :(
      I am thinking about sticking to SNAP poker for a little while to work on my overall solid game plan as stats don't show on SNAP but i still build a database from the hands to review.

On a positive note - only 2 weeks of work left then i am off for 2 weeks at Xmas :D :D :D :D

Current roll : $82.42

My 4 goals for the rest of December are :
      - Hit Gold @ 1500 points on 888
      - Work on my overall game plan to make it solid (will do a database review every Sunday morning)
      - Play 25,000 hands
      - Reach $200 roll....again
    • stompy91
      stompy91
      Bronze
      Rough day today :( planned to stop on the 2500 hands mark then of course the doom switch came on.
      Also lost $2.50 on 2 tournaments.

I am feeling better about my game though.

Hands : 3425
      winnings : +$4.97
      Current roll : $85.25
      Points to Gold : 1277

here's the Graph, from today and last night :
    • stompy91
      stompy91
      Bronze
      I have decided it's better to hide my bankroll and on not look at HM2 during the week. With the idea being : play well and don't focus of the results just make sure I feel I'm playing optimally.
      I will check HM2 every Sunday night when I do a weekly review and I am not allowed to check any results until then. I need to stay on NL6 untill at least a $200 bankroll then I will take a 5BI shot at NL10.

I feel like this will benefit me hugely as even last night I think I played decent and didn't tilt when I was sucked out on because I didn't look at the $$$.

I will keep this going through December to test out my theory as I plan on moving back to stars in mid January. Hopefully having a decent roll for NL10!