Week 5 - $260.00
      Week 6 - $210.39
      Week 7- $410.39 + Moved to Betfair - New bankroll : €400
  • 49 replies
    • SvenBe
      SvenBe
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      Hi Stompy & welcome in the challenge - looks interesting to go through all the stakes!
      I've been living & studying in Paisley 12 years ago, so - I enjoyed the rain, too :-)

Looking forward to your reports on how the opponents differ on all the stakes.
      Please also give us your weekly report in our Get Rich or Die Tryin' - The Bankroll Challenge - Reporting thread !

Have a nice grind, SvenBe
    • DREAMC4T
      DREAMC4T
      Bronze
      Hey! Good luck with the challenge :) I'm thinking about starting a similar one on some network for fun. When you say rakeback on 888 you mean their integrated vip-system? Or you actually get rakeback somehow?
    • srna10
      srna10
      Bronze
      Good luck mate! :f_thumbsup:

I'm playing at 888, FR, and currently stuck at NL6 with constant ups and downs X(

Hope you will crush and reach yours goals, anyway :gl:
    • stompy91
      stompy91
      Bronze
      Thanks Sven, dream cat and srna :)

The rakeback is only in the form of reward points which are worth very little. I signed up to most poker sites when I was 18 and knew nothing about rakeback so I can't get any rakeback deals as far as I know.

I'm doing decent at the moment up to around $100 so hoping to get rid of $4nl soon.

Good luck and I'm sure you will get through and join me at $100nl !
    • stompy91
      stompy91
      Bronze
      Maybe this time is my time! :f_biggrin:

Just binked a $2.50 SNAP tournament on 888 for $178 :D I was 39/45 at one point and i never re-bought!

We did a deal on ICM and i had more chips :) I lost the flips afterwards though haha so technically i was 2nd but it'll do!

Will be doing a full update with graphs on Sunday/Monday to include my grinding :D
    • DREAMC4T
      DREAMC4T
      Bronze
      Originally posted by stompy91
      Maybe this time is my time! :f_biggrin:

Just binked a $2.50 SNAP tournament on 888 for $178 :D I was 39/45 at one point and i never re-bought!

We did a deal on ICM and i had more chips :) I lost the flips afterwards though haha so technically i was 2nd but it'll do!

Will be doing a full update with graphs on Sunday/Monday to include my grinding :D
      Alright! Nice one :s_drink:
    • Pkrpains
      Pkrpains
      Gold
      Congrats on your nice little bink sir, they always feel good. :) Will follow your progress, good luck!
    • stompy91
      stompy91
      Bronze
      Haha thanks pkrpains!

It's especially good because I'm not crushing yet but it takes some pressure off me and I can focus on improving my game. Nothing on your last score though 😉
    • stompy91
      stompy91
      Bronze
      Mini update while I'm bored at work 😃

Cashed out $100 of my win (mainly so I am not tempted to play higher when my ability is not there yet) and played a bit last night but lost my 5 buy ins @ 6NL. I also put on a couple of football bets for today so maybe boost my roll later on ⚽

I will continue playing 4NL/6NL and also some 5NL snap until I reach $250 and then take a 5 buy in shot @ 10NL

Current roll : $140
    • stompy91
      stompy91
      Bronze
      Just played the best session in term of quality i have ever played. :f_thumbsup:

I watched the online coaching and focused before grinding then went and hit the 6NL tables and played superb.

Graph :

I feel i am finally starting to realize mistakes myself and try and change them. A lot of which are off the table but i am determined to reach 100NL within 1 year.

Hope everyone is having a great Saturday night!
    • DREAMC4T
      DREAMC4T
      Bronze
      Nice, solid graph! :s_drink:
    • stompy91
      stompy91
      Bronze
      Hi there guys, :s_cool:

So far i've had a mixed week for my first week back at the tables but looking purely at bankroll it was a good week.
      My bankroll challenge is here :
      Week 1
      Starting roll : $50
      Hands : 13,288
      winnings : -$4.92
      Tournament win : +$178(-$2.50BI)
      Cash out : -$100
      Current roll : $129.87

Graph :

I still have a lot to learn and although i have not made profit this week from cash games i can finally say i am actually looking at where i am losing money and trying to work out how to solve them.

Any advice on spotting leaks on HM2 would be greatly appreciated as i only know a couple of the things W34z3l showed me when i did an hours coaching last year and i'll be honest, I can barely remember it apart from the auto profit spots in the blinds.

Today i will be starting the grind at 4pm so hope fully i can have a decent run tonight and i will play a couple of the $1 tourneys on 888 in the last few mins of late reg and try to win another one :D

Hope you have a good Sunday and good luck to DREAMC4T - The guy is gonna win something big tonight! :truestory:
    • stompy91
      stompy91
      Bronze
      Unlucky DREAMC4T ! Better luck next Sunday.

Update :
      - Losing @ NL4 so have stopped playing (running awful)
      - Crushing @ NL6
      - Bought gold status
      - 3 hours studying on Sunday

I am understanding a lot more and have been trying to work on my red line as this looks like my biggest leak of many that I can change fairly easily.
      I will upload some graphs and results when I get home but I'll be hoping to try NL10 this coming weekend (once I get over $220) :D

Again, if anyone has any tips on filters to use on HM2 then please let me know.

Many thanks :)
    • stompy91
      stompy91
      Bronze
      Graphs :
      Overall

NL4

NL6

You can see with the NL6 graph i have been working a lot on my non-showdown winnings as i believe this is a big part in getting 10bb/100 winnings.

Going to watch another of W34Z3L's videos then start my grind :)

Bankroll : $154.73
    • stompy91
      stompy91
      Bronze
      I got off to a rough start today and lost 3-4 BI's but i stayed strong, had a break and came back to book a winning session :

My results so far : (you can see the improvement with the redline on NL6 :f_thumbsup:

NL6 :

NL10 :

Overall :

Bankroll : $177.67

Im running way over EV in the 6NL games but way under EV at the soft NL10 tables so im going to keep playing NL6 for now until i reach at least $250. I have been checking the lobby and there has been quite a few very soft NL10 games going but have not run well in them at all and they are a chunk in my bankroll so i need to stop playing them.

Goodnight all.
    • stompy91
      stompy91
      Bronze
      Absolutely horrible week :(

Bankroll : $130.80
    • stompy91
      stompy91
      Bronze
      Ended up tilting and almost losing my roll this week due to tilting off the tables but luckily i am determined to fix these mental game leaks properly and i will start again.
      I recently tried to purge out all other hands apart from NL6 and ended up wiping my full database so i am pretty much starting allover again :(
      I am thinking about sticking to SNAP poker for a little while to work on my overall solid game plan as stats don't show on SNAP but i still build a database from the hands to review.

On a positive note - only 2 weeks of work left then i am off for 2 weeks at Xmas :D :D :D :D

Current roll : $82.42

My 4 goals for the rest of December are :
      - Hit Gold @ 1500 points on 888
      - Work on my overall game plan to make it solid (will do a database review every Sunday morning)
      - Play 25,000 hands
      - Reach $200 roll....again
    • stompy91
      stompy91
      Bronze
      Rough day today :( planned to stop on the 2500 hands mark then of course the doom switch came on.
      Also lost $2.50 on 2 tournaments.

I am feeling better about my game though.

Hands : 3425
      winnings : +$4.97
      Current roll : $85.25
      Points to Gold : 1277

here's the Graph, from today and last night :
    • stompy91
      stompy91
      Bronze
      I have decided it's better to hide my bankroll and on not look at HM2 during the week. With the idea being : play well and don't focus of the results just make sure I feel I'm playing optimally.
      I will check HM2 every Sunday night when I do a weekly review and I am not allowed to check any results until then. I need to stay on NL6 untill at least a $200 bankroll then I will take a 5BI shot at NL10.

I feel like this will benefit me hugely as even last night I think I played decent and didn't tilt when I was sucked out on because I didn't look at the $$$.

I will keep this going through December to test out my theory as I plan on moving back to stars in mid January. Hopefully having a decent roll for NL10!