[NL20-NL50] J9o NL25 SH, is that flop play ok?

• Solomaextra
      Solomaextra
      Bronze
      Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      SB:
      $22,75
      BB:
      $33,79
      CO:
      $32,10
      Hero:
      $42,31

0,1/0,25 No-Limit Hold'em (4 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.65 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BU with 9:diamond: , J:spade:
      CO folds, Hero raises to $1,00, SB calls $0,90, BB folds.

Flop: ($2,25) Q:spade: , 7:heart: , 9:club: (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero checks.

Turn: ($2,25) 2:heart: (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $1,50, SB raises to $3,75, Hero calls $2,25.

River: ($9,75) Q:club: (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero checks.

Final Pot: $9,75
  • 9 replies
    • Kruppe
      Kruppe
      Black
      it's ok as long as villain doesn't realise you like to CB weak made hands.

turn easy B/F imo. (unless your opponent has realised that you CB weak made hands and is exploiting this by check-raising ATC on the turn ;) )
    • Solomaextra
      Solomaextra
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Kruppe
      it's ok as long as villain doesn't realise you like to CB weak made hands.

turn easy B/F imo. (unless your opponent has realised that you CB weak made hands and is exploiting this by check-raising ATC on the turn ;) )
      It's major leak to b/f this turn vs such villain's line. Think about it, not gonna explain here long, just try to put him on a hand and try to get into his mind. I would also call any river bet.
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Once you check on the flop, you can also check on the turn, since you don´t want to see c/r.
    • Solomaextra
      Solomaextra
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Kaitz20
      Once you check on the flop, you can also check on the turn, since you don´t want to see c/r.
      I am calling c/r always in such situation, it's exactly what I wanted to get.. Wanted to see c/r turn to extract as much value as I can from his bluff(bluff is obvious isn't it, it's not in small number of cases).
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      I agree that you should call his c/r on the turn, but then you face another decision if he bets river.
      Rather inducing bluffs I´m happy checking turn and valuebetting river (or calling a bet on the river).
    • Solomaextra
      Solomaextra
      Bronze
      I agree that you should call his c/r on the turn, but then you face another decision if he bets river.
      Rather inducing bluffs I´m happy checking turn and valuebetting river (or calling a bet on the river).
      As played I am calling any river bet on this card also many other cards, reevaluating on a King or an Ace.

After I induce a turn bluff he won't bet river even if he hits top pair(I called his c/r and now he has showdown value so will stop bluffing). But if I check behind the turn and he gets there on the river he will valuebet it for sure. Really I only can call a river bet if scare card doesn't hit, but he won't bluff on something like this river card for example, because he knows I am calling him with ace high very often.

So in conclusion, after I check behind turn as played(checking behind flop) he will valuebet river on his pair always and will not bluff(almost never in this particular hand(he's oop and he double checked and big part of my range has A or K)). So I can't call river bet on scary cards(A, K) and will only call on good ones, on which he will probably check and fold to my valuebet(getting called with A high is possible though).

Well if I cbet the flop I avoid this complicated situation :D However I miss value, and it's a lot of value for this mediocre made hand versus random two.
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Once you start calling every c/r and big river bet- you often find thqat you´re against nuts. I´d not suggest inducing bluffraise every time if you check back flop with marginal hand.
    • Solomaextra
      Solomaextra
      Bronze
      Once you start calling every c/r and big river bet- you often find thqat you´re against nuts. I´d not suggest inducing bluffraise every time if you check back flop with marginal hand.
      Yeah I agree, but will people go for check-check with nuts often?
    • spit22
      spit22
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Solomaextra
      Yeah I agree, but will people go for check-check with nuts often?
      you'de be suprised..!