The "WOW" effect. (the life of a poker player)

• BigOVERBET
      BigOVERBET
      Bronze
      Hello,

I was thinking to myself, what can I improve in my poker game, in myself and in my life overall. I started thinking that, if i want to become better at poker, i have to blog, i have to ask opinions, I have to discuss and take criticism. I have tried to start a blog once before, it didn't last long, because I became lazy and it was more of like private diary, witch i did not have any motivation to fill.

This time I will try something different, I will post my hands, graphs, thoughts, ideas and more in a PS forum, mainly because I always fail in the end because of lack of consternation and motivation.

I hope that this blog, or whatever it will be, will help me become not only a better player, but a better person... And the truth is, I also have a lot to offer and to tell, from the past and the present. So this will be quite a ride for me and the readers and followers.

I have not read any other blogs, so i will write, what is on my mind and what is going on basically...

I am 25 years old, I have played the game for 8 years at least. I am not quite sure, when I became a PRO, or am I even a PRO, because I have suffered some serious gambling issues, witch are related to sports betting. I have build a decent bankroll so many times from zero, that it makes me sick, to think that I always lost it in short period of time on sport betting. I will get to that problem later deeply.
      Not to get anyone confused, I am not as you think "fish" at sport betting or some crazy gambler, I just have to have the most epic bankroll management problem and money tilt ever, when it comes to betting.

My goal for the next 2 months is go from nl20 to nl100 and earn 15k euros. I have done it several times before, but this time it will be different, I hope that with the help of PS people, coaches I can get over my dark periods of gambling career and focus on the goal and don't make one step forward and two steps back, as I have been doing all my life!

To start of and make it interesting, I will be posting my last months poker graphs NL20, my summer NL100 graph and my overall PokerTracker lifetime graph ( NL 50 and NL200 in there) Those graphs are only for one certain poker room!

NL20(now 2015)

NL100 (summer 2015)

Overall in BB (Nl20-NL600 1 poker room)
  • 10 replies
    • BigOVERBET
      BigOVERBET
      Bronze
      BTW, I will start my bankroll challenge today (Sunday) so GL to this new journey!:f_drink:
    • stompy91
      stompy91
      Bronze
      Good luck sir :)

Your graphs don't look like you need any help to be honest haha ;)

Will definately be following your progress!
    • Yan4real
      Yan4real
      Bronze
      Great goal, definitely will follow
    • DREAMC4T
      DREAMC4T
      Bronze
      Good luck man, graphs looks solid :) Go go!

Playing normal shorthanded cash?
    • BigOVERBET
      BigOVERBET
      Bronze
      Thank you for the support!

I play 6max cash only. I can easily play over 16+ tables for 8 hours straight, took me years to develop that skill, but its all robotic now. My winrate goes down obv, but I am the kind of person that gets board playing 6-10 tables.
      When I do play 6-10 tables, I usually distract myself with some movie, just not to play to loose.

It is very sad that I cant be tracked by PS anymore, would have been a black member long time ago:(

Starting play in 4 hours :s_drink: :profit:
    • DREAMC4T
      DREAMC4T
      Bronze
      Originally posted by BigOVERBET
      Thank you for the support!

I play 6max cash only. I can easily play over 16+ tables for 8 hours straight, took me years to develop that skill, but its all robotic now. My winrate goes down obv, but I am the kind of person that gets board playing 6-10 tables.
      When I do play 6-10 tables, I usually distract myself with some movie, just not to play to loose.

It is very sad that I cant be tracked by PS anymore, would have been a black member long time ago:(

Starting play in 4 hours :s_drink: :profit:
      Alright! On stars? Are you the GTO- or exlo type? If 16tables brings more dough/hour that's of course better even if you don't play your super-A-game :s_thumbsup: Playing tournaments on sundays or just cash grind?
    • BigOVERBET
      BigOVERBET
      Bronze
      No I dont play at Stars, hate the software tbh:evil: :evil: LOL. I play at microgaming network, also did play at Ipoker network.

I did play tourneys on Sundays usually, but my BR is low at this moment sadly, so I will be not doing that, unless someone wants to stake me=) ;) , I have some decent tourney results to show too over the years, would love to play them on Sunday evenings.

Im something of a mix of GTO and explo. The funny part about me is, that my strongest limits are nl20 and nl100 online. I get confused in NL50 :D , make some weird betsizings and don't like that limit at all for some stupid psychological reason. I know the spots, when and why make plays, bluff, call, valuebet etc, I can explain all my decisions, still have a lot to learn though:)
    • BigOVERBET
      BigOVERBET
      Bronze
      This is my graph from the last post 22.11....Played loosy goosy this period and have to say, did not run well at all.5 BI under EV. Blue line terribly low, made many mistakes as was not showing my A or even B game.
      Invested rakeback to the tournaments and nothing special came along, final tabled one and got very close many times, always brutally falling close.

I will be changing poker room, but the server will be the same. Got a decent rakeback deal so, i will be moving up to NL50 in very short time hopefully and even shorter time after that to Nl100, where I belong! :s_cool: :s_cool: :s_cool:
    • satishvasoya
      satishvasoya
      Bronze
      hey man...good luck with the challenge....solid graphs..i play on microgaming as well ...pretty sure we have played quite a bit vs each other..i might even be able to guess who you are...sent you a friend request..lets chat up via pm or skype...
    • vonki
      vonki
      Coach
      Coach
      could be epic, I'll sub! :f_thumbsup: