Variance at HU?

• 12 replies
    • opal99
      opal99
      Black
      hmmm... could be worse.. you still could start on 5/T ;)

Did you apply any table selection? Because it looks like someone kicked your ass very hard :/

btw: Yoghi told me "Mano a mule" and "Pistolas de Justicia" series are very helpful and I found the first one very good guide in the beginning..

:spade: good luck next time :spade:
    • timukasr
      timukasr
      Bronze
      It is awfully familiar to my first HU session (NL but basically same):

Lack of skill imo.
    • TerrorBlade
      TerrorBlade
      Black
      Don't just play against anyone who sits down. Sometimes I refuse to play until someone who buys in for 10BB or less sits down, no point playing against someone who you have a tiny edge against or none at all (he might be better) so don't even waste 10 seconds on halfway decent players.

Also your WTS vs W$@SD is disgusting you are obv running bad :D
    • ciRith
      ciRith
      Bronze
      The first was sitting with 5 BB and was at 0 after 2 minutes. The next was a very bad player where I was sure that I will win a lot from him on the long run.
      If he checked the flop top me he folded 90% of the time etc.. That was from hand 20-200. He quit me while he was ahead....
      The next was not too good. I thought I have at least an edge. Hand 200-330.
      The last was a PS.com TAG. Bad idea but well it's 2/4$ I said to myself and I was a bit on tilt at that time. (I knew that I was on tilt but couldn't stop while playing.)
      It's hard to play with an very aggressive image if your opponent always has a pair and sees you bluffing all the time. It's even worse if he moves back while I'm unable to do anything about it. (Calling with nothing is bad and getting more aggressive had no reason.)

Hand 200 was the time where I should have stopped. :/
    • opal99
      opal99
      Black
      such shit happens..

I'd suggest to play 1 opponent, check if you won or lost after the match and go for next only if you're in green numbers - it can be too simple, but I tried some HU too and it's too easy to get on tilt while running bad - that's why it's better to play very few in the beginning.

good luck next time :)

edit: can I ask you what limit you usually play 6max on?
    • ciRith
      ciRith
      Bronze
      3/6$ + 5/10$. :)

Just played a bit but I quit for today after this hand:

Known players: (for a description of vp$ip, pfr, ats, folded bb, af, wts, wsd or hands click here)   
      Position
      CO
      BB

3/6 Fixed-Limit Hold'em (5 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Texas Grabem 1.9 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is CO with K:diamond: , K:heart:
      MP3 folds, Hero raises, 2 folds, BB 3-bets, Hero caps, BB calls.

Flop: (8.33 SB) 6:diamond: , K:club: , 4:heart: (2 players)
      BB bets, Hero raises, BB calls.

Turn: (6.17 BB) Q:diamond: (2 players)
      BB bets, Hero raises, BB calls.

River: (10.17 BB) 8:club: (2 players)
      BB bets, Hero raises, BB 3-bets, Hero caps, BB calls.

Final Pot: 18.17 BB

Results follow (highlight to see):
      Hero shows [ Kd, Kh ] three of a kind, Kings
      BB shows [ 7d, 5h ] a straight Four to Eight
      BB wins $106.50 USD with a straight, Four to Eight.

600$ down today. :/
    • ciRith
      ciRith
      Bronze
      Hmm good idea with the opponent stop. Well if someone is hit and running I guess this doesn't count in? :)

Where can I find these HU videos?

Thx for the help and tips guys. :)
    • opal99
      opal99
      Black
      lol;

these turn donk bets are invaluable :D

1. of course you can't count 5 hands match
      2. they're from deucescracked
    • Kimber88
      Kimber88
      Bronze
      Originally posted by opal99
      2. they're from deucescracked
      And they rock.

I watched one of them before playing a HU session and I smashed my opponents on 0.10/0.20 <Imput smiley with sunglasses here>.

But seriously though I think they are really good. I learned a lot from the few I watced so far.
    • Yoghi
      Yoghi
      Black

This is variance yes, but at it's worst :P You should be more passive though, my AFs are a lot lower, and like 1.6 on average.

I'd really recommend you to watch some vids, else it's gonna be a lot harder. And don't tilt, most of the money I lost is because of tilt, not because of bad luck :(
    • ciRith
      ciRith
      Bronze
      Hm more passive? I have to fold to much in this case which seem to be weak. :) Well you are probably right.

Agressive tilt is really expensive but may give you a nice image if you don't tilt all the time. ;)
    • Yoghi
      Yoghi
      Black
      Aggressive tilt isnt wrong, maniacs are way harder too play than nits.

Perhaps it works for you, but mostly people have a lower AF in HU than in 6-max, because more hands can be called down.