BRM, for MTTs?

• grimpop
      grimpop
      Bronze
      Hi!

What do you suggest the BRM should be for playing MTTs when my bankroll is $1100?
      Yesterday I came 3rd in the 1.10 daily MTT and boosted my bankroll from $300 to $1100, should I have 100 buy ins or more?
  • 4 replies
    • SDK1987
      SDK1987
      On fields on PokerStars I would recommend 300 buy-inns or even more if you play MTT’s only.
      The variance is extreme high there with fields over more than 2k players most of the time.

Cheers,
      SDK1987
    • Malendes
      Malendes
      My bankroll is about the same size, and I stick to $5 tournys or less (none hyper because of variance). On sundays I try to convince myself that the field is softer, so $11 is fine there :f_love:
    • murzius
      murzius
      Gold
      yah, better no add hypers. becouse it''s just pushing around.. A:D
    • partane
      partane
      Silver
      It's hard to give recommendation like 100 buy-in rule, because it depends what type of tournaments you play, how big/small fieldsizes and how good are you.

I would consider 500 ABIs as minimum for MTTs today. 1000 ABIs or more I would consider safe BRM for Professional.

If you have for example 1100$ like you tell... Instead of playing 1,10$ 180mans at stars, I would recommend you to try to find softest games possible with small fieldsizes so you can improve your skills and win money at the same time as effectively as possible. From PS partners I would recommend 888, Ipoker (Netbet or WH), Microgaming (24h Poker) and Maybe Partypoker as well... And from these sites you look all tournaments maybe up to 11€ freezeouts and small rebuys with less than 300 players. If your ABI (average buy-in) is between 5 - 10€ and fields under 300 + you're winning player I would consider it unlikely you will bust your bankroll... If you cannot deposit more / loose all your bankroll, It's best you drop down... For example If you bankroll goes under 500$ you play only 5€ freeze, 3€ rebuys and lower... If you can play PLO I recommend you to add some small PLO tournaments as well, fields are smaller and generally softer than NLHE tournaments.