From the bottom to the top, BR building challenge from 55usd to 10K.

• tukioppilas62
      tukioppilas62
      Gold
      Hello everyone! I've spent my poker bankroll by travelling in Asia and now I'm starting fresh with 50eur deposit. I will follow 20bin rule moving up and 30bin moving down (nl100 I will move up only with 40bin). Currently playing nl10 with a 221 usd BR. I'm also willing to improve discipline..... I've already taken shots to nl25 with less than 10bin bankroll :f_mad: I'll stop now and grind it up safely from nl10. I have a decent RB with supernova status so I think I can move up pretty fast. I'll update often at start because I can now play full time while looking for a job once I get employed will play less and update less.

Here are my results so far.

• 16 replies
    • metalmonkey80
      metalmonkey80
      Hello tukioppilas62,

How did you get on with traveling around Asia?
      Great start on your first results. If you are looking for something to help improve your discipline, may I suggest having a look at Get Rich or Die Tryin' - The Bankroll Challenge - Opt-in now!
      This challenge has really helped me with discipline.

Look forward to reading future posts.
      Good luck at the tables.

Regards

Matt
    • tukioppilas62
      tukioppilas62
      Gold
      Hey,

Thanks for the challenge info I opted in. I was one month backpacking in Kambodza and Thailand. At first I was planning to stay longer and play poker there but I was running bad and decided to just take it as a holiday. Now I'm not sure if I would realy enjoy that much living in Asia and playing poker. I feel that I want to travel but not think about poker while travelling because travelling in itself takes strenght and I enjoy it much more when I'm completely free to do what I want than having a schedule to play poker stress about money etc. I'm planning to go to Burma, Laos and Vietnam next. probably august or october next year when it's cold and dark in Finnland. ;)
    • tukioppilas62
      tukioppilas62
      Gold
      Yesterday +76d at nl10 so decided to shot 25nl today. - 82dollars and roll stands at 184d + 11td. So back to 10nl. Just feeling a bit bored to play micros after playing nl50 and 100 for quite a long - even though my results where kind of breakeven there. Also realized that badbeats makes my game go to autopilot which is not good at all.

One hand at 25nl. Turn I was considering turning this into a bluff to drop KK,QQ by betting twice but then realised we can't rep much and he has his range protected usually w. some Axss hands and we block queens so better to try to get into showdown. River his hand looks like A4-AJ and we don't rep that much with the shove it looks bluffy so expecting to get called a lot by Ax. We also block QQ and AQ which usually starts betting on turn as well as KJ he starts bluffing on flop usually.

Poker Stars, $0.10/$0.25 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 6 Players
      Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite.

SB: $25.23 (100.9 bb)
      BB: $79.22 (316.9 bb)
      UTG: $27.44 (109.8 bb)
      MP: $29.72 (118.9 bb)
      Hero (CO): $25 (100 bb)
      BTN: $65.82 (263.3 bb)

Preflop: Hero is CO with Q T
      UTG folds, MP raises to $0.75, Hero raises to $2.25, 3 folds, MP raises to $5.40, Hero calls $3.15

Flop: ($11.15) 3 A T (2 players)
      MP checks, Hero checks

Turn: ($11.15) 2 (2 players)
      MP checks, Hero checks

River: ($11.15) Q (2 players)
      MP bets $3.51, Hero raises to $19.60 and is all-in, MP calls $16.09

Results:
      $50.35 pot ($2.00 rake)
      Final Board: 3 A T 2 Q
      MP showed A A and won $48.35 ($23.35 net)
      Hero showed Q T and lost (-$25 net)
    • mysteryman21
      mysteryman21
      Platinum
      Good luck!
      Pm me on skype, any funny/lol/hooker stories from asia :f_drink:

//
      about the hand, dont mind folding pre, ppl 4 bet AQ,KQ which is quite bad for us. river standard
    • Lazza61
      Lazza61
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      Hey tukioppilas62,

Welcome to the 'Get Rich or Die Tryin' bankroll challenge. we will be looking forward to your first update which you should post by Monday of each week in Get Rich or Die Tryin' - The Bankroll Challenge - Reporting thread.

Have fun :gl:

Laz
    • SvenBe
      SvenBe
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      He tukioppilas62,

welcome also from my side.We are actually not only looking forward to hands posted, but also to some pictures from your travels! Fancy sharing some?

CU,SvenBe
    • tukioppilas62
      tukioppilas62
      Gold
      Thanks to all!

I played some tournaments on sunday had tournament dollars I wanted to spent and ended up spending way too much on buyins and busted all tournaments by coolers and badbeats which is very typical. Also had to cashout 80e so I'm pretty much starting again from 47 usd and nl2. Good news are that I had job interview today and it went well I'll get informed later today and maybe can start tomorrow.

New month new start and my bankroll is completely freeroll + 30e profit cashed out. Mentally important. :D

SvenBe, Sry's but I want to keep this challenge poker heavy and my travelling pics private. :f_thumbsup:

Gl to all!
    • NutzAreOk
      NutzAreOk
      Bronze
      Can I ask was it completely a conscious decision to use whole bankroll for travelling and start from "the bottom"? :)

Best of luck with the new start! :f_thumbsup:
    • tukioppilas62
      tukioppilas62
      Gold
      Sure you can ask whatever you want. My month was awesome I don't regret at all spending my bankroll to travelling. I had big downswings before my trip and during that time I lost 3 times more than I spent in 1 month by travelling and I already had my ticket booked. Better to use your whole bankroll on travelling than losing it away and I definitely was in need of a holiday.

I got informed about the job and good news is that I start working tomorrow and have the job for sure until christmas and then will see.:f_cool:
    • metalmonkey80
      metalmonkey80
      Hi tukioppilas62,

Congrats on the new job! :appl:
      I don't regret at all spending my bankroll to travelling.
      This is defiantly one of the good reasons for a BR in poker. Getting to spend it on some of the nice things in life!
      I look forward to hearing how you get on with the Job and routing for you to be able to continue after Christmas.
      Have you traveled any other part of the globe or is Asia your first destination? It is one of the places I haven't yet visited.
    • tukioppilas62
      tukioppilas62
      Gold
      Very low volume this month. I made a new deposit of 250eur because it's not reasonable to play nl2 or nl5 after 8 hours of work if I can afford a bankroll to nl10 and beat the level easily.

I feel like I need someone to kick my ass and tell me what am I doing wrong what am I doing right. My work has been such boring and annoying bullshit and now I feel very hungry to make money with poker and to study later to get education and to not have to do shitty jobs. My problem is in poker that I don't know how much potential I have and what are the biggest leaks I have. There must be a reason why my last 200k hands where breakeven - even though I was shotting too high stakes for me I had no experience with and I also was tilting some of the time I think I'm leaking on some basics. So my plan is to find a couch who is realy professional and make a couching by profits deal which would motivate both of us.

Life is full of uncertainty but the only way to succeed is to trust yourself and give 100% on whatever you want to do. I have the honesty to myself I have the power of will but I lack the trust and sustainability to work hard long term. This is my month so far. I wish everyone a merry Christmas! :)

• SvenBe
      SvenBe
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      Howdy tukioppilas62,

how is it going? Too much snow in your area?
      We'd love to see an update for our BR challenge though, any profit here to show?
      The reporting thread: Get Rich or Die Tryin' - The Bankroll Challenge - Reporting thread

CU,SvenBe!
    • metalmonkey80
      metalmonkey80
      Hi tukioppilas62,

Happy new year.

I feel like I need someone to kick my ass and tell me what am I doing wrong what am I doing right

From your last post I can see you had a horrid run for the first 4000 hands. But tbh you made it back and I would have a look at what the difference was between the two points. Can you tell us a bit about some of the troubled hands you have encountered?
      If you haven't seen this already it is worth looking at the 5-point plan: From break-even grinder to winning player
      Also it is worth tuning into the weekly Coaching hosted here and asking our 6-max coach in w34z3l's Poker Academy
      All of w34z3l's previous coaching can be found here. I hope this helps and I look forward to reading future posts.
      Any questions or help you need please don't hesitate to ask myself or one of our team.

Matt
    • tukioppilas62
      tukioppilas62
      Gold
      Hm, started from MTTs to play seriously and now back in z 100. Results talk mtt:

cash:

In CG I play 1 table less than I use to play and I've been also working on my game and mindset is a lot better will see how things go hoping to make my first 5 figs month. Gl everyone
    • Woohoooo
      Woohoooo
      Silver
      Looks like you got an excellent start to the year! :f_biggrin: How are things going?
    • tukioppilas62
      tukioppilas62
      Gold
      Hello and thank you for asking. A little bit down from ATH but from poker my month is round 5ke up. I want to avoid big swings and possibility to put time on breakeven play so I'm grinding with less tables than the most regs and also playing stakes I assume I'm winning player (25nl-50nl) and micro-lowstakes MTT now.

I think I will wait until I have a bankroll of 12k until moving to nl100 and before that I will work a lot on my game. I'm also happy about finding the power to work long term without burning myself out. Taking days off and brakes etc. There is no easy way out but the way to beat the games is probably to play with less tables than the most and to take care of yourself out side the tables! concentrate harder in everyhand and be as hungry as possible to do better than the others and never mind bad beats, variance etc. stuff results avoid results oriented thinking

Best of luck to everyone!