Bot on 888

• makryxeris
      makryxeris
      Bronze
      Why to play at 888 and tilt? NO MORE! Let the bots play for you and you just withdraw the money!!! :f_thumbsup: :f_thumbsup:
      Search google for ''bonus bots'', there is an active forum too about the bots which you can easily buy! As i saw they support 888. We knew about ipoker and bots, now 888 is in the game. Maybe i give them a try.

No more tilt, just money $$$:f_drink:

Moderator Comment
      It is presumed that this post is sarcasm. Members should be aware that it is against our our forum principles to suggest any illegal activity, or any activity that attempts to violate any poker site's terms of service.

For further discussion, see this post

VS
  • 21 replies
    • VorpalF2F
      VorpalF2F
      Super Moderator
      Super Moderator
      Hi, makryxeris,
      A couple of questions:
      Are these bots any good? How would you know?
      Do you have any evidence that they are actually in use?
      Have you informed 888 of this?

Cheers,
      VS
    • metalmonkey80
      metalmonkey80
      Just had a look at this on google and read the first result on the list. Seems like a lot of hot air when there statement is
      ****y Technologies is a real company, registered and licensed in a major metropolitan city on planet earth.
      Like many areas of internet life their are a lot of cheating schemes and mainly aimed at praying on vulnerable, desperate people taking money for no services. Not long ago I saw a site where you could buy false feedback is your a seller on certain sites!
      As VorpalF2F has said, any suspicious activity should always be reported. If it isn't these people will always get away with it! Your also feel more successful when you beat the game though good education and play!
    • Sappuris
      Sappuris
      Bronze
      From their website:

Yesterday 888 rolled out their new poker client upgrade wide, version 25. This version breaks the bot completely and will result in us dropping support for 888 for an extended period (probably 1-3 months) if it becomes a forced upgrade.
      Also, 888 is aware of the problem. They just won't do shit about it, as you can see HERE
    • metalmonkey80
      metalmonkey80
      Hi Sappuris,

Totally off the subject! Great avatar.
    • Sappuris
      Sappuris
      Bronze
      Thanks! Yours is pretty awesome too. :s_drink:
    • VorpalF2F
      VorpalF2F
      Super Moderator
      Super Moderator
      Please note
      When I first read this thread, I assumed that OP was being sarcastic.

Now I'm not so sure.

All poker players need to be aware that bots do exist.

However, they are against 888's Terms of Service that all players agree to when they join the site.

The specific paragraph reads:
      Software Aids: You are not allowed to use any software program or robot which, in our opinion, is endowed with artificial intelligence ("Software Aid") in connection with your use of the Services. We constantly review the use of the Services in order to detect the use of any Software Aid. In the event that we have reasonable suspicion that any Software Aid has been used, we reserve the right to take any action we see fit, including immediately blocking access to the Services to the offending user, terminating such user's account and seizing all monies held in such account.
      Please be aware that should you be caught attempting to use a bot, you will likely lose all your money (yes, you agreed to that, too) and your right to play poker. Anywhere.

I know of no site that does not have similar terms in their user agreements.

Note: The following is my opinion
      It is important that we are aware of bots, and it is important that we learn to identify them.
      It is also important to report suspicious activity.

Mod Comment
      For now, this thread can stand, but there can be no suggestion that players participate in activity that contravenes the rules of any poker site. I have edited the original post.

Best Regards,
      VS
    • makryxeris
      makryxeris
      Bronze
      I like poker and i hate bots as we all do. Of course there is a lot of sarcasm in my post but there is a lot of truth too. Poker bots are real, they can not see your hand, they have not the ability to know the board pre flop but they play poker! Past years they just played an standard game, now they seem that adapting to players (lets say vs your 3bet).
      I report suspect players which i think are bots or collusion etc, if we all cooperate for this and 888 be more cautious we can make online poker better and funnier. I don't want to play against computers, neither you i guess.
    • Robbo167
      Robbo167
      Bronze
      There is a certain bot that is allowed at 888 and I have seen posts in the bot website forum of players owning this program and having ok win rates at small stakes At this site
    • VorpalF2F
      VorpalF2F
      Super Moderator
      Super Moderator
      888's Terms and Conditions forbid "software aids"
      See my post above.

If you have evidence that a bot is in use, submit that evidence to 888.

Kiddies bragging on a bot forum about how much money they made isn't really evidence IMO.

Peace and prosperity in the New Year,
      VS
    • Noname81
      Noname81
      Bronze
      If you are playing in ipoker or 888 in the micro limits your are playing against bots.Everytime you see a player miss his time bank then sit back in over and over again,this is a bot. these bots can be used on 888 or any ipoker skin. The bot is only as good as it is programmed. The creator of these bots actually created a code for the user to use to program the bots them selfs. I'm sure 888 and ipoker know about this. It extremely oviuse when a players misses his time bank sits out then sits back in again 20 times in a row
    • VorpalF2F
      VorpalF2F
      Super Moderator
      Super Moderator
      Sure, or it could just be that they're playing too many tables, or doing something else on the side.
      I've done the "time out and sit back in" thing a few times. Not 20 in a row maybe, but I've done it.

Last time I checked, I wasn't a bot. I might be now, though.
      Here, let me check.

Nope, not a bot.

Sorry for sounding a bit sarcastic, but this is not evidence. It might make you suspicious, and it is certainly worth alerting 888 (or iPoker) to let them know.
      If you do alert them, then you have done your bit.
      If you don't, well then you're allowing it.

Peace,
      VS
    • Noname81
      Noname81
      Bronze
      The sitting out and sitting back is because the bot could not read the hand properly.For example if the chat window on one of the Ipoker skins is set to small the bot can't read the hands so it sits out. Then the program presses the sit back in button. This will repeat over and over until the the chat window is configured properly.
      The bots are harmless now because the are not programmed to read HUD. Once they are programmed to read HUD stats there will be a huge problem.They could dominate any player.
      I do have hard evidence that bots are all over Ipoker and 888. This is not the place to post it. Even if I did posted the evidence I'm sure the post would be removed anyways
    • Post removed

• Post removed

• tonypmm
      tonypmm
      Silver
      Originally posted by Noname81
      Everytime you see a player miss his time bank then sit back in over and over again,this is a bot. these bots can be used on 888 or any ipoker skin.
      It's natural for a 16-tabling human to time out once in a while, and there are 'auto sit in' scripts that click the 'I'm back' button when they detect that the owner has timed out (even if the table is in the background, covered by other tables). Such scripts are not against T&C of most poker rooms, just like betting hotkey scripts.

I mean, not all those who time out are real bots, some of them are grinders ('human bots') who have primitive (almost 'automatic') thought processes but make betting decisions themselves.
    • Noname81
      Noname81
      Bronze
      Saying "every time" a play sitsout then sits back is an exageration but this is what a misconfigured bot does.
    • w34z3l
      w34z3l
      Coach
      Coach
      It's a well known fact that there are working bots available for purchase online!

However, think about it this way. If you had a bot that can crush the games would you make it available for public use? You would keep it for yourself and print money.

In other words, any bot for sale is probably not a very good bot. Not to mention, even if you do manage to scrape a small amount of profit off the table, you are at constant risk of having all your funds seized since the activity is clearly against the sites TOS.
    • arthurbentley
      arthurbentley
      Silver
      Which option would make the most money for the bot inventor?

1. Keeping mum about your bot that crushes 2NL using a single account.

2. Selling the bot to hundreds of players for £150 each?
    • w34z3l
      w34z3l
      Coach
      Coach
      Thing is, decent bots don't play 2nl. They take millions off mid-stakes games on stars. True story.