Former HSNL player now grinding out of MidStakes HUNL

• Grindallday
      Grindallday
      Basic
      Basically, I fucked up and lost a ton of money playing 5kNL and now I have to start over and grind again. It was a worth while lesson and I will never tilt shot like that again. I don't know what came over me, I suppose it was entitlement to money since I was losing a lot already today. Anyway that's life and as long as I'm breathing I still have an opportunity to rebuild again.

December Goals:
      100K Hands+
      Play only 1/2 to 2/5
      10BB+

Graphs will be posted every single day, and I won't out any of my screen names: the grind will start on December 1st. Very frustrated over the situation, but I think it was a wake up call... I will be more professional this time around. Anyway it was necessary, I will still be able to battle everyone at 1/2-2/5 anyway so its no big deal and I can rebuild. I will go ahead and sit and review my hands and start this all over again, the goal is to get a 10 BB winrate, although I think a 20 BB winrate is possible with some game selection.

GL me.
  • 19 replies
    • SDK1987
      SDK1987
      Hello Grindallday

Welcome on the PokerStrategy forum :welcome:

If you want to post graphs here you need to have the bronze status.
      The easiest way to get it is to use 1 of our free money offers on a poker room you don’t have an account yet.

What kind of bankroll management (BRM) are you planning to use at the cash game tables?

Further I wish you all the best with blogging and improving your bankroll :gl:

Cheers,
      SDK1987
    • DREAMC4T
      DREAMC4T
      Bronze
      That stuff happens, hopefully just the once though. Best of luck with december goals, no slacking! Pretty neat if you manage to get a 10b/ win rate on /5
    • Grindallday
      Grindallday
      Basic
      Originally posted by SDK1987
      Hello Grindallday

Welcome on the PokerStrategy forum :welcome:

If you want to post graphs here you need to have the bronze status.
      The easiest way to get it is to use 1 of our free money offers on a poker room you don’t have an account yet.

What kind of bankroll management (BRM) are you planning to use at the cash game tables?

Further I wish you all the best with blogging and improving your bankroll :gl:

Cheers,
      SDK1987
      Hey SDK,

Glad to be here :)

I just signed up, hopefully I can now be upgraded to Bronze. If not I might just type down how much hands I've played and how much I've ended in the + or - for the day and BB winrate :P .

I have 45K atm, so it wasn't that big of a damage but big enough where it was the first time I've lost more then half of my roll :P . BRM will be 100 BI, then 20 BI shot-take

Originally posted by DREAMC4T
      That stuff happens, hopefully just the once though. Best of luck with december goals, no slacking! Pretty neat if you manage to get a 10b/ win rate on /5
      Thank you man, I do think it will be the last time I do something like that. Hmm I'm optimistic to be able to get that winrate, but I'm probably going to have to start studying the game and stop tilting or just mashing buttons for the sake of it. Basically I need to get to rhythm and flow, treat the game like every decision/dollar counts and be professional.

Today is my day of reflection and I will study the following two things;
      Mental game/ flow/ productivity etc.
      Poker

I have some footage and some database that I can work through seeing my graph kind of makes me puke but it reminds me of what I did so this time this blog will help me stay accountable.
    • wazawanga
      wazawanga
      Bronze
      i would really appreciate it a lot if you would post the graph, total graph money won with the 5k included

thanks man and GL there
    • DREAMC4T
      DREAMC4T
      Bronze
      Originally posted by wazawanga
      i would really appreciate it a lot if you would post the graph, total graph money won with the 5k included

thanks man and GL there
      +1
    • Grindallday
      Grindallday
      Basic
      Originally posted by wazawanga

thanks man and GL there
      :( only silver so I can't post it!

I played okay, I made one mistake where I misread my hand and called down when there was 4 straight there ;( so that was a 50bb so my winrate should have been slightly higher, oh well.

Hands: 3091
      +1127.96
      +1400.61 (EV)

BB winrate : 9.77
      EV Winrate: 13.97
    • Grindallday
      Grindallday
      Basic
      Forgot to Update. Had a short session yesterday.

Total Hands for the month:
      +2,338.42
      +2,174.28 (EV)

BB winrate: 17.25
      EV winrate: 15.21
    • Grindallday
      Grindallday
      Basic
      Decent session. Tomorrow in terms of volume it will be better needed to reload a couple of sites. I was studying a bit as well during downtime fixing my game a bit. I haven't been making MAJOR mistakes, but have had at times even auto piloted during the session by accident (without consciously being aware of it then snapping back into the game and make myself focus again), or I surf the web while 1 tabling. This is just not professional and my win rate could be slightly better.

Total Hands:

5,371 / 100,000

+3,335.4
      +3,014.7 (EV)

BB winrate: 19.10
      EV winrate: 16.22
    • Grindallday
      Grindallday
      Basic
      Didn't update yesterday again.. I got to start updating even when I take a day off, had a very fun night yesterday. Going to grind now Saturday+Sunday. I'm anticipating some great volume this week. Be back with an update again later today!
    • Grindallday
      Grindallday
      Basic
      Did 4 hours today, first half I felt like I played pretty bad cause my focus was off and felt like I played below average so I decided to quit and take a break. Second half I slept, tried to get in the zone but knew I wasn't going to be in my best game today. I still played anyways and I would say I played good but not the best. I might try to play again in a bit but I'm not sure... maybe should just eat and rest and try again tomorrow. I really think I set the hand volume goal too high, but I do think there will be days where I can do 7-9k hands. Anyway the main goal is to be playing my best / focusing on my BB winrate.

Total Hands:

8146 / 100,000

+4,506.43
      +4,005.46 (EV)

BB winrate: 17.1
      EV winrate: 14.26
    • Psderrr
      Psderrr
      Bronze
      Care to post a bit about how it is dropping down in stakes, how the opponents play or any rough game plans you have or a few hands?

Understand people don't want to give away information and you might fall in that category but seeing as you're someone in a unique situation being someone who played High Stakes you could easily add in some stuff to distinguish your blog from other peoples, even if it was just your off the table habits or a little reflection.
      As it is your blog will be like everyone elses just with larger numbers than many.
    • Grindallday
      Grindallday
      Basic
      Originally posted by Psderrr
      Care to post a bit about how it is dropping down in stakes, how the opponents play or any rough game plans you have or a few hands?

Understand people don't want to give away information and you might fall in that category but seeing as you're someone in a unique situation being someone who played High Stakes you could easily add in some stuff to distinguish your blog from other peoples, even if it was just your off the table habits or a little reflection.
      As it is your blog will be like everyone elses just with larger numbers than many.
      Hi thanks for stopping by.

First of all dropping stakes is one of the best things to ever happen to me. I realized so much more about my self and my ego-induced type lifestyle for a very long time. Its easily one of the most humbling experiences for me ever and am most grateful for it.

Hands: I can't really share or show it mainly because I can't post any links. I wish I could turn into bronze or something so I can do maybe a few.

I'm not going to throw a lot of info but here's a tiny bit..

How the opponents play: Hmm roughly the same as people from 600-1kNL, I would say people in general are really smart in poker now a days and its the most exciting + challenging times. Yet there still a bit too by the books too hard about certain applications and rules. For instance : I have A high, I have showdown value I should never bet then.

This blog was never intended for strategy or anything it was mainly to document accountability+ reflection after losing more then half my roll in such a short period of time. This along with finding my passion and falling in love with the game all over again sometimes I'm not proud to be a poker player and then sometimes I'm like I gave so much for this and I'm so proud of that when I close my eyes and laugh at how much I've seen and done. Not only this but how much more I will see and do in the future. I don't do much off table work, unless I prepare for a session. In order to prepare for a session I eat a pretty big meal first, then I usually stay in the room for 20-30 minutes, close my eyes have my hands grasped together to set myself into the zone. I let my mind think about whatever comes if I think about women, life, people, cars, whatever. I dig into it and try to take care of it. Afterwards I try to set myself into the poker zone, sometimes it doesn't always work out and you kind of get an idea of how well you will perform before you play. For instance yesterday I knew I wasn't going to be in my best shape before going into the tables and I still went at it anyway with a conscious decision of giving it a try and be ready to quit to try again a second round (which went much better with flow and how I'd like to play my game).
    • Grindallday
      Grindallday
      Basic
      Played 4k hands today..I don't think I played amazing, but don't think I played bad. Probably would say I C-gamed a decent percentage of it. I probably should have stopped earlier. But I think all in all I handled the situation well considering how bad I think I ran today. I probably could have saved around 2 BI today I think.

Total Hands: 12,281 / 100,000

+3,922.95
      +2,955.36 (EV)

BB winrate: 10.37
      EV winrate: 7.11
    • Grindallday
      Grindallday
      Basic
      Been a messed up week, and my grind has been terrible too because of bad focus and I feel like I'm not performing well. I know I can do better. I seem to zone out a lot and lose concentration though think its because of real life issues.
      Hands : 13895

Winnings: 2324.15
      All-In Adj 1,250.64

BB: 5.57

ADJ EV: 2.33
    • metalmonkey80
      metalmonkey80
      Hello Grindallday,
      Great blog so far and I look forward to future updates. Read today that you have had some focus issues and zoned out a lot. I have been working my way through Schnitzelfisch The Quick Guide to Skyrocketing Your Poker and Life Productivity which may help. Schnitzelfisch also has some other really good programs that can help you on all levels of your game worth having a look at! Videos with Schnitzelfisch - NEW: How to Balance Your Life in 10 Minutes a Week
      If you have any questions don't hesitate to ask.
      Good luck at the tables.

Regards

Matt
    • Grindallday
      Grindallday
      Basic
      Hey Matt,

Thx for this I'm going to go check this out and read on this for a while/watch these videos. This can be very helpful and I will very much appreciate it if it can help/ improve some of the main issues I've been having. Will let you know what I think about his opinions and if it helped me or not.

I decided to continue this blog but give up on the goals for now. I want to continue to work on my game and work on my focus. I believe there is still so much potential in this game. Its definitely plausible that I'm delusional, but I'm just going to have to see what I believe is possible (10bb+ winrate in a huge % of lineups if I was in my A-game all the time I'm sure its possible, but definitely don't think I will be on my A-game a huge % of the time) which really means that I really am going to put in the hours. What I'm mostly going to do is just continue some theory work, write things down and try to memorize my game-plan in advanced so when I autopilot my D/C/B game is strong.
    • Grindallday
      Grindallday
      Basic
      Lots of work to do.

Hands:

EV : 2476.41

BB: 3.85
      EV: 1.22
    • Grindallday
      Grindallday
      Basic
      Hands: 18,400

EV 3062.68

BB: 8.5
      EV: 5.4
    • Grindallday
      Grindallday
      Basic
      Ended up putting another session:

Hands : 20188
      +3517.24
      EV: 2716.28

BB: 7.2

EV: 4.1

The link Matt gave me it said I should focus on two things that I'd like to attain as if I would do more it would be too much so the one I will choose are:
      + 30 days new habit.
      -Meditate 15 minutes before I sleep, and right when I wake up.
      + Cleaning my workspace.
      -1. Put it in your paper tray (if the item is small or a piece of paper) or in your box (if the item is too big to fit into the paper tray)
      -2. Put the item where it belongs (books on a bookshelf, glasses in the kitchen, pencils in the pencil stands...)
      -3. If the item is useless, throw it in the trash