Tired of being lazy and living like a nobody.

• dantheman32

Welcome to my new blog and new start in life.

Im Dan, a swedish fella thats 32 years old and started playing poker 2003 and used to make a decent living out of poker and nowadays its more of a “just making enough money to stay alive” kinda living.

I want to create an enjoyable future for my family of a son and wife but mostly like everything here in life, for myself. So i decided to get of my ass and sign up for a coach which seems to be exactly what i need. Scary and exciting at the same time.

Some things i like to do on my spare time except being with my family are renovations, woodwork and furniture around our house. Not possible right now cause it also costs money.

Last summer i also started a new rental bussiness that focus on renting tents but we will expand and increase our supply as experience gets bigger and money starts to flow. This is a seasonal bussiness so poker is unfortunately taking a toll during summer months, and will be my main focus during winter.

Not sure if im allowed to post link to webpage or/and describe more details without this being an ad so thats what you get :) .

Poker story

As i mentioned i started poker around 2003 in Sweden when the poker boom took place.

I played 100% Texas NL and my best months came to 10k€ playing NL200. I had really good deals at the time with RB around 70% which basically was half of my profit during these record months and most other months it was 100% of my profit.

During my career I hit a couple of long downswings of around 6 months where I basically broke even. Frustrating of course but If I would have been a better player i definitely would have made a profit during these times.

After about 10 years of NLHoldem and a long downswing my confidence was at an all time low and one of my friends taught me PLO. I really enjoy the game but i really hate to loose against better players (that still arent even good) that owns my ass. Things has to change.

Im still a marginal winner but my game isnt good and its only cause i play on a fishy site.

The site I play is 200bb deep and the stakes I play equals to €0.1/0.2 and swings are pretty equal to PLO€50 100bb.

The biggest reason that i started with a coach is because i dont want to feel like a looser anymore and want to be able to support people around me in the best way and i think this is the way to go.

I will start at the minimum bankroll of 1500€ and work my way from there to my end goal of €60000

My goal is to Complete the € goal as soon as I possibly can.

My goal is to make enough money playing poker so i can do or buy what i want.

My goal is to beat the stakes hard where im at now and move up asap and beat the players thats always had an advantage on me. I know they arent good but i need to know how to beat them!

All in all i want to enjoy PLO. To do that in the best possible way you need to know that you are better than the players you are facing OR know that you CAN get better than them.

Graph from my PLO game over 2.5 years with a 3 month break last summer.

Hope you will enjoy my progress and with that being said this is the last thoughts that came to mind.

To think about life is easy, to make it a reality is hard but also what makes it exciting.

Never stop progressing and never give up.
  • 3 replies
    • metalmonkey80
      Hello Dan,

Welcome to Pokerstrategy,

Nice to read about your poker history and I look forward to reading more about your progress in future posts.
      What ever your skill level Poker Strategy has lots of great articles and forums to help make you make the most of your game.
      A good place to start is the video tutorial section for many different games and strategies found here (Filtered this link for PLO)
      Something you may be interested that might help you achieve your goal is the Bankroll challenge found here Get Rich or Die Tryin' - The Bankroll Challenge - Opt-in now!
      You may also enjoy reading this article from our news section 5-point plan: From break-even grinder to winning player

If you have any questions don't hesitate to ask.
      Good luck at the tables.

• dantheman32
      Hey again,

Combining business, family life(1 wife,1 year old kid) and studying/playing poker is challeging but of course a lot of fun!

For now my daily average goal in time spent on the program is 4 hours so its taking a while to finish the starting courses but Im soon there!

Also doing small studying things here and there is also good to keep fresh for example keeping my pad on the dinner table so I can do some Equitycalculations is perfect. (Sorry family :) ) Dont worry I am spending quality time with them as well.

Think I’ve done more studying the last week than my last 12 years in total which is quite embarrasing but awesome to see that change is on its way.

For now I’m dying to get inte the action and also to get som coaching so soon soon soon!

Keep it up!
    • dantheman32
      One thing I know works that I just got told to do is to create my own Ritual before a session.

I know my head is nice and clear after a run so thats obviously gonna be good for my game. At least 15 minutes followed by stretching and shower as suggested by Gordon. Also want to get into some yoga eventually but running and stretching will be good for now.

Always make sure i eat before my session and prepare brainfood (Nuts, berries with chia seed or anything similar) for snacks to stay energized and fresh.

My goals i will set for the sessions and tell myself into the mirror will be something like

-Think through every decision

-Focus on the weaker players

-Always make the decisions that I think is +EV

Will start something like this but it will most likely change over time.

I think the key here is to do whatever makes you feel optimal for crushing. :)

Random Words of wisdom: As I on a personal level have done significant progress on what I put into my body and how greatly that affects me for days and probably even weeks afterwards I just want to mention that if you read this, go over your diet if your not alredy really aware and try to figure out whats best for you.

Please also let me know if you have any amazing superfood that makes you feel strong and fresh in your body and brain.

Keep it up!