Just trying to BINK for the fun of it!

• fusionpk
      fusionpk
      Bronze
      Hey guys long time no speak!

For those who don't know/remember me I used to play almost exclusively cash, I played up to 200NL on euro sites staked for quite a while with meh mixed results. I always did pretty well at 50NL and would say that was my bread and butter limit. I more recently played 50NL zoom and won for 200k hands or so before hitting a 100kish b/e ish stretch. I got out of all my deals as I found it pretty frustrating at the time, along with working full time I just lost the love for the game. The game started to evolve and I wasn't developing quick enough which is why I think I probably started to become more b/e. Still over my time as a CG player I made a pretty solid 5 fig amount (granted I was staked so half if not a little more ended up being given away). I think overall playing part time at >50NL is pretty tough considering alot of your competition is playing fulltime, studying every day.

In the past I also played HU aswell as SH and had some varied results at that did pretty well bumhunting but again, finding the time to just sit around waiting for fish was hard whilst working full time!

Very recently I decided to just play about a little, so I started playing a few MTTs, grinded a bit of 25NL etc. just for fun. I only deposited 2-300$ in total and wasn't concerned with BRM. Just played games I felt I beat, had some fun and tried my best.

I started having quite a few deep runs in the last few weeks, I had a few final tables that I ended up coming 9th in for ridic amounts like 50 bucks when up top was 1k+. Few other deep runs, 12ths 14ths 17ths. Felt I was playing good and whilst the games are probably a little tougher, there are still so many awful fish in the <$11 that MTTs are easily the softest games.

I managed to hit a 4th in something for $400 or so and my BR reached about $600. I then continued with deep runs but didn't hit anything and my BR was starting to run low again.

Fortunately I managed to run deep in a daily double. I went into the FT as chipleader with $10.5k up top. It was a super sick feeling. Unfortunately I lost a big hand where I got flush over flushed more 75% of my stack early on. I managed to grind it back and eventually came 5th (losing AKs vs 66 for CL) for $2,900.

That put my roll at $3.1k. I decided to withdraw $1.1k, paid a few of my RL debts and took my GF away to London for the weekend which was great.

I left myself a $2,000 bankroll and I plan on continuing the small stakes MTT grind to see what I can do. I may also play a little 25NL zoom or something aswell. I am still working full time so I will just play 10-15 MTTs when I have a free evening. Perhaps 4 times a week or so.

Last few days haven't gone so great and my BR stands at $1,692.43. If I drop too much more ill cut out some of the higher BI MTTs as I have been taking a few shots a little out of BRM. But hey, it's all for fun?!

Above is my sharkscope graph for scheduled MTTs. As you can see i'm no pro, haven't played alot, but have enough experience to get me by :) and the results arn't so bad (lol sample size).

Tonights grind was pretty meh! I have 1 table left, 11$+R I am currently 1/116 so one time please!!

Current BR: $1,692.43
  • 39 replies
    • fusionpk
      fusionpk
      Bronze
      8/36 just chugging along!
    • fusionpk
      fusionpk
      Bronze
      14th :( made a pretty ambitious call down with AJ high which I actually think was really bad so pretty much threw it away which is quite disappointing.

Try again tomorrow!

BR: $1,853.00
    • fusionpk
      fusionpk
      Bronze
      Gonna fire up 8-12 tables now :) wish me luck!
    • vonki
      vonki
      Coach
      Coach
      Oooh, been a long time since Ive seen you around! Awesome, need a fun MTT blog to follow. Count me in my friend! GL!! :f_thumbsup:
    • fusionpk
      fusionpk
      Bronze
      :) thanks vonkster!!

bricked almost everything tonight, but thats the way it goes when you only play 15 games!
      busted a few super close to the bubble too, including the big 11, which is a shame because recouping 50bucks or so of my buyin woulda been sweet!

just got the 11+R left but super long way to go in it!

Hopefully get something going tomorrow so I can post pics / have a sweat!!

BR: $1,700.00
    • fusionpk
      fusionpk
      Bronze
      Starting early today :) so hopefully get more like 20-25 tournies in!

I'll update here if I get anything going!
    • fusionpk
      fusionpk
      Bronze
      Managed to sat into the Big 82 so playing that :) obviously wana do well but even a cash in that would be spot on (Y)
    • thazar
      thazar
      Bronze
      weee another MMT'er :)
    • fusionpk
      fusionpk
      Bronze
      andddd satted into Big 22 for 7$ so thats cool too! One timeee!
    • fusionpk
      fusionpk
      Bronze
      Hey Thazar! Yup provided I don't go broke!

Playing mostly <$11 unless I can sat into something bigger then ill play it but I don't play too many sats in general because i don't have money to burn at the mo :P

Satted into both the Big tourneys I wanted to get into and session is now in full flow so GL me and GL everyone else that's playing tonight lets bink one!
    • thazar
      thazar
      Bronze
      I might play a few tonight as well but on week days I only manage to play like 5 or less tourneys because of the time I get home and then waking up at stupid oclock to go to the gym and work
    • vonki
      vonki
      Coach
      Coach
      Ship that PCA package and take me with you!! :f_biggrin:
    • fusionpk
      fusionpk
      Bronze
      I can definitely sympathise with that Thazar, luckily I don't goto the gym and I finish a little early on thursdays so I atleast have a little time to play :P

Haha vonki I would love to.

Grind is going OKish. I had a super good stack in the $82 BIG, 12k at 100/200 avg was 5k unfortunately lost AA vs Q2 (lol) and AQ vs AK aswell as a postflop pot with AK where he spiked 2pair vs my top top. Which is a shame! Still in it with like 5bb, unlikely to make the money I guess but you never know!

Other tabs are going OK I did have a couple of good stacks, had a stack in the 8+R but lost quite a big stack. Overall just going steady :) . Gonna reg probably another 10 games tonight so in total will probably have ~25 games for the night which is pretty cool :)

Will let you know if I turn something into a run!
    • fusionpk
      fusionpk
      Bronze
      Got a 14th in the 2$+R in the sesssion the other day but bricked most others. Had to cut my session short so didn't get to play as I intended which was frustrating.

Im mid session now, no runs so far but long way to go (Y)

Bankroll is hurting now tho I need to lower my ABI quite alot.
    • fusionpk
      fusionpk
      Bronze
      Got 2 realistic chances of a final table:

15/44 in the 5$ 2R1A $1.4k up top
      3/61 in the $8 F/O $800 up top

got other tabs left but not even close to the money yet
    • fusionpk
      fusionpk
      Bronze
      5/27 & 12/41

C'mon one of them pleasee????!!!!!
    • fusionpk
      fusionpk
      Bronze
      1/35 in the $8
    • fusionpk
      fusionpk
      Bronze
      Final tabled both but only got 7th and 9th :( so lost on the day :(

Disappointed BR has taken a big hit today. Gonna have to rethink the MTTs I play from now on.
    • fusionpk
      fusionpk
      Bronze
      Managed to hit this to help the BR out:

Really shouldn't have played the MTT. From now on I think I will play everything under $11. With the only $11's being the red's and the $13.50 KO because regardless of my skill level playing higher than like a $6 ABI im going to get wiped out. And the way i've been doing it recently, if I didn't mincash the bigger tournies it hurt my BR badly even if i cashed a load of others. I've never really done MTT BRM, I only ever dabbled so playing a $30 tourny when I was grinding CG was absolutely fine. Can't be done now, so need to adjust.

My BR is $1.9k I'm gonna make sure that my sessions are costing me <$100. Recently they have been like 300 odd which is just far too high.

I may try and sell shares in the milly tomorrow tho 80/20 profit split or something (no point selling w/ MU rather do a profit chop)