SnG ev is reliable?

• Gonchan
      Gonchan
      Bronze
      I've recently switched to SnG and my ev red graph is fine but my result greenline is still not so high.

Is there anyone who has better green line? or in SnG basically red line is always above?( if so ev is not so reliable)
  • 13 replies
    • nsavov
      nsavov
      Silver
      It seems that its not reliable. Ive yet to see a winning SnG player running above EV...
    • Gonchan
      Gonchan
      Bronze
      Now I searched google images, and I found some greenline above graph but still there were more red line above graph.

Can anyone explain more? or how about showing your graph?
    • 8runo
      8runo
      Bronze
      Where do you play? Which software?

I use HM2 and my experience is that it is reliable at Pokerstars, but not at iPoker (Final hand often isn't imported).

I'm playing Spins, but it should be the same I think....

• nsavov
      nsavov
      Silver
      ^ No, its not the same.
      He's asking for the $EV of SnG's, not the cEV. In spins they are the same. In other ICM formats they are not. HEM doesnt have any problems with the cEV, but it seems that for some reason it gives us more $EV than we actually get from SnG.
    • Mystt
      Mystt
      Bronze
      From my experience it is pretty reliable ( and I was playing SnGs for quite a few years). I've been bellow and above, also saw a graph of one pro and like 200k tournies (or actually might be a lot more) and it went up and down around EV line , also with "time", or number of tournaments played, the difference between red and green line did not get bigger and bigger, which should happen if EV would be biased towards the higher side. It can just happen you can be bellow or over EV for 50k tournies.
      Like someone mentioned, some sites might have some mistakes with EV if hand-histories or things are not set up properly or not supported the best (and it is usually not trackers priority to fix these things), but it is pretty ok on main ones that have most of the traffic.
      It might not be 100% accurate, but I think it is pretty close at least.

Also I think people like to post their EV graphs when they are running bellow EV and when they are running over, they just show green line, so that is why their might be more of the former ones :)
    • Leito99
      Leito99
      Bronze
      I'm running a good bit above EV :f_cool:
    • nsavov
      nsavov
      Silver
      @Mystt
      Oh yeah, that makes sense! :f_biggrin:

@Leito99
      Good for you, but dont go around challenging the poker gods! :fuckyeah:
    • Gonchan
      Gonchan
      Bronze
      Hi, thanks for many feedbacks, I now think ev is somewhat reliable.

However, there is interesting news.
      When I broadcast my grind, a viewer said that $ev in HM2 is wrong in 888 SnG because of bug.
      I hope this is rumor..

Anyway, do you think ROI 15%+ in HT SnG is possible if you don't play against reg? My $ev is now around 15%, is it decent?
    • Mystt
      Mystt
      Bronze
      in 888 you have to re-import hands. Then I think it is close to real value. (not 100% sure). Just importing while playing is wrong EV. Create a new database and re-import all the hands, unless they fixed it already in last few months, but I doubt it.
    • Gonchan
      Gonchan
      Bronze
      Hi,

Thanks for your feedback Mystt,I contacted HM2 support and they actually said $ev is wrong at 888.

I gonna switch to PT4 then check my $ev.
    • Mystt
      Mystt
      Bronze
      Ok, just for information, the hands I re-imported in HEM2 showed the same/or very very similar EV value as PT4 shows. So I was running 2 databases , one for playing and one after playing to re-import hands from the hem archive folder.

Can you please report your findings if you tried out PT4 as well? Did you get different result in your case?
    • Gonchan
      Gonchan
      Bronze
      Hi,

Happy new year lol

I'm bit tired to adjust so many tools..
      How can I import my hands to new database?

They said HM2 archive is for it but I can't find them..
    • Mystt
      Mystt
      Bronze
      Oh damn sry, didn't see the reply. Yeah check in the configuring sites in hM2, where it archives the hands. Usually is on c, HM2archive or something like that, you can save it anywhere you want and basically after every session I had another database where I logged at and then re-imported all the hands from the archive , to check EV, not sure how accurate that was, but I find it pretty similar with PT4.