A STAR IS BORN!

• Stefigo
      Stefigo
      Basic
      Hi to everybody!

I’m Stefano, I’m 28, I’m from Croatia and this is my first blog. Here you can follow my future amazing poker career.

I used to play chess and was very good but one day I realized that I was wasting so much time lerning chess and making no money at all. So I thought to start with poker. Then I fell in love with my new hobbie and I decided to make of it my job I was meant to be an opera singer (I’m very ambicious and wanted to be international) but unfortunatelly my problem with reflux forced me to abandon this dream. Actually I didn’t give up, I’m still trying to find a cure, but the singing dream became the second option and my hobbie (poker) took the first place.

I started 2 years ago and like with chess I was obsessed by learning how to play this game. The problem is that I didn’t want to spend a penny, it was my principle! So i read a lot on internet and two books and reached my goal of learning the basics to be a little winning player. But my progress was too slow. Buying corses and paying for them sounded like my progress would be again too slow and expensive. I wanted something intensive.

Well this is the short version of my experience,
      See you soon with my second blog!
  • 13 replies
    • metalmonkey80
      metalmonkey80
      Hello Stefano,

Great start to your blog and I look forward to reading more. :f_thumbsup:
      I am not good at chess. And when I am singing it irritates people! (So I still sing anyway!! xD )
      I was meant to be an opera singer (I’m very ambicious and wanted to be international) but unfortunatelly my problem with reflux forced me to abandon this dream. Actually I didn’t give up, I’m still trying to find a cure,
      In the past I worked in recording studios and have overheard singers being told that it is commonly believed that too much stomach acid is the problem. It is not wise to take acid suppressing medication as these rarely work. Some people have recommended a review of your diet. I will add you as a friend if you want some more information on diets that can help.

If you have any questions don't hesitate to ask.
      Good luck at the tables.

Regards

Matt
    • Stefigo
      Stefigo
      Basic
      Originally posted by metalmonkey80
      Hello Stefano,

I will add you as a friend if you want some more information on diets that can help.

You mean to add me on facebook? I have suffered for 6 years and tried many diets but the only think that worked was when I ate veeeery little portions... and low fat OFC. Madications seem not to work as you say...
    • Stefigo
      Stefigo
      Basic
      Here are my news!!! There are many this week

I bought a monitor because the one of my laptop is too small and moved from Hem2 to PT4. Finally I got used to my new hud. I also decided to try to play NL10 and eraned in one night 100 dollars. I recieved also my rake back bonus of 100 dollars so now I have 300 dollars . i also decided to move to another poker site where the game is softer. Today I’m not that happy because I started with 327 the first session and finished to 375, but a couple of hours ago I started my second session and lost 75 dollars. It’s a little bit of variance + two mistakes of mine…

My biggest problem is to stay focused while I play and too often when I get raised I look for reasons to call instead of thinking if it’s actually a good call. I think I should rather look for reasons to fold

Here is the graph from when I started to play at NL10. I think that I finally understood the basics. The most important thing IMO is to avid building up big pots with only paired hands and build it with 2P+ and always paying attention to the board texture.

• Stefigo
      Stefigo
      Basic
      Finally after four months of studying it seems I got the basics of poker I’m very happy with my results this week!!! I’m exited ’cause I sent to my coach the request to advance to intermediate group and waiting for an answer. My bankroll now is of 502 dollars and here you can see that I had a big downswing last week but then I got everything back and earned some money My win rate on NL10 is of 4.8 BB/100 but if I consider only the sample of hands since I started playing better (after the downswing) than it’s 11 BB/100. Hope it will keep going on like this!!!

My you tube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCJV...JKYmU2xET7JLuQ
    • Stefigo
      Stefigo
      Basic
      Well in this 9 days not many things happend… I travelled with my family and I couldn’t play. The main thing that I am very happy about is that I finally moved to intermediate class. The course looks very professional and I’m looking forward to get used to new charts and all new matherials very soon

BR now is 520 dollars.
    • NietzscheF
      NietzscheF
      Bronze
      :f_thumbsup:
    • SDK1987
      SDK1987
      Hello Stefano

Just checked your YouTube channel and it didn’t exist anymore or link isn’t right.
      Further I wish you good luck with improving your game in 2016 :gl:

Cheers,
      SDK1987
    • Stefigo
      Stefigo
      Basic
      Unfortunatelly I have very bad news… and all of this is because I think I’m smarter than my coach and I don’t listen to him… :/ I did a really dump move 5 days ago and now I lost half of my bankroll. 5 days ago my bankroll was 445 euros and I was playing and being breakeven on NL10. I was just getting bored because of this and wanted to try something new so I decided to take a shot at NL20. Guys!!! if you ever think about playing on a higer limit do it only with a bankroll big enough!!! I hurted myself so badly because of this. I wasn’t doing that bad on NL20 but I got unlucky and started losing a big amount of money. Than of course when I saw that I lost 5BI (100 euros) I got frustrated so the days after when I played I wasn’t thinking to play well anymore but only that I want to get my money back. It’s never helpful!!! I moved down, of course, to NL10 and lost other 6 BI and the day after moved down to NL5 and lost other 5 BI… I was tilting so badly that I contacted my coach and he told me to take two days off and also that I’m crazy and stupid!! And that’s right!!! I’ll never do it again. I’ll post here my graph of this month so whenever I want to be smart again I can come back here and remaind myself how it is to try to be smarter than the system!!

weeks/months of work are gone…

• Stefigo
      Stefigo
      Basic
      Oh no... It was deleted because I didn't start to use it actively yet... but I was meant to start very soon... I'll post my new channel when I'll start uploading videos. Thank you to have said me this... I didn't realized it till now.
    • Stefigo
      Stefigo
      Basic
      It’s been a while since my last post but don’t you think that I’m gving up. I’m more involved than ever!!!! I’m having some trouble with my mindset and had a bad period too. I think it happend because I moved too quickly to intermediate while I wasn’t ready. The reason is that I started playing poker here as a newbie and when I learnt how to play and beat NL10 I moved up to intermediate. But even if I learnt somehow how to handle it with the basic strategy now with all this new ranges and informations I had to start again learning. I think that if I was ready and have a good mindset I wouldn’t have any problem, but as everything happend so quickly I was feeling very shocked with all this new ranges. On the other hand I ran preatty bad aswell, so I’m not to blame that badly!!! I’m like 100 dollar under ev…

To sum up I’m playing again NL5 and building up my bankroll that now is 166 euros. I’m not worried but I’m looking forward to get it all back and start making some real money :)
    • metalmonkey80
      metalmonkey80
      Hi Stefano,

Good to see your still being positive regardless of bad beats. Something that might help you is The Quick Guide to Skyrocketing Your Poker and Life Productivity with mind set.
      Also another good read is the 5-point plan: From break-even grinder to winning player
      I look forward to reading how you get on in the coming months.

Good luck at the tables.

Regards.

Matt
    • Stefigo
      Stefigo
      Basic
      There are not so many news, still learning and tring to get better in the game. The only good thing is that I moved into a flat with other grinders and we hope this will help everyone to achieve their goals. I’m also trying to fix my reflux problem hoping to get back to sing. It’s difficult to diet but I must not give up! that’s my dream!!! my BR is 370 euros but I’m playing a little bit less and studying more. The intermediate course if tougher than I thought. I’m almost done with all flop chapters :)

Matt thank yo very much!!!!
    • Stefigo
      Stefigo
      Basic
      Two months has passed since my last update and people could think that I’m giving up but that’s not true!!!!! I’m involved like never before!!!! I’m finally mastering the basics of poker and seems like I’m crushing NL30 :) I moved to NL50 last week and it’s going very well but I think it’s too early to say that I’m crushing it… It could be only good variance anyway there is my today’s graph and I’m very proud of myself because finally (after 10 months) I can see the results of all that studying and analyzing that I have been doing since september 2015 :)

https://i.imgur.com/fdbccX3.png