(Challenge) Finding the way to reach 1K

• spidersense
      spidersense
      Bronze
      Hello!
      Im a greek 22 years old guy that moved to germany before 1.5 years. All i did the last year was to learn the language and now i study something here which is f@cked up because my german are not so good yet. Anywayz a year before i started poker just to try it and i never stopped since. The last year i played almost everyday at least 4 hours or more. I always deposited 10 euros or maybe 20 but never more and i tried most of the sites and all formats. In this whole year i'm +100 euros. I studied some theory but i dont really think about math when i play poker. My decisions come mostly from my experience from all the hands i played. Of cource i want to change that but lately i don't have so much time as before. So the plan is to do 2 simple easy things every day:

1) To play at least 10 husngs everyday (for the first time i will stick to one format and try to build a bankroll. Husngs is my favorite format) *turbos and only one table
      2) To study everyday for at least 20 minutes something about poker (it doesn't matter to me right now what this will be every day)

I will play at 888 where i started yesterday with what was left in my account 3.2$.
      I will follow this bankrolol management:

a)where i am right now i don't really care i will start with 1s and i will go back to 0.4s if i go under 2$.
      b)for the 3s i want a minimum of 10BI so i will start play them when i will have 45$ to be able to play 6 games of 3s before moving down
      c)every level +5BI so i will start the 5s when i have 100
      d)10s when i will have 250 (i hope you get the idea)
      e)20s when i will have 500 and will stop at that level and move up only if i have a very big bankroll and at this point ill start to withdraw some of the earnings.

*possible winnings from freerolls will be added to the husng bankroll
      Ok sounds impossible and maybe it will take a lot of time but i don't care.
      Now i don't have any poker programs although i know they are usefull. The only thing i'll do will be to track my results by entering them manually with pokerscore. If i make some money i will invest them for poker tracker and other stuff.
      I started this blog because i think that this is a very good way to motivate myself and stick to the plan. Even if noone is going to read this, this is ok too.
      I will try to write here everyday the results of the day and every sunday i will post a graph from pokerscore only with my husngs results.
      OK time to start good luck at the tables!!
  • 67 replies
    • spidersense
      spidersense
      Bronze
      Day 1 (yesterday)
      I played 7x0.4$husngs and 3x1$husngs
      Bankroll: 4.68$
      Profit: +1.48$
    • danan758
      danan758
      Bronze
      nice goodluck, pretty much where i started i lost my br playing blackjack, started playing .25 45s with $3.40 im at over $800 now less than a month later, so its possible, ill be following your progress, variance really is a bitc.... so just keep playing, but 10 games a day at these stakes wont be enough i think, you will take forever to move up, take freerolls seriously, any bit helps
    • spidersense
      spidersense
      Bronze
      Thank you very much yeah i know how it feels to lose your bankroll i lost my not so big bankrolls 2 times at slots and other times at tournaments but i took my lesson this bankroll is only for the husngs i will not play anything else except freerolls.Its also nice to know that it is possible to grow your bankroll from nothing. Sure 10 is not a big number but that is just a minimum, i usually end up playing poker a lot more. My goal is just to make this a habit and to never play when i'm tired.
      Good luck!
    • spidersense
      spidersense
      Bronze
      Day 2
      I played 18x1$husngs
      Bankroll:8.76$
      Profit:+4.08$

I lost the first games i played and i won 3 times i think the game that whould put me under 2$. But i survived! :f_drink: It was a little frustrating because i lost most of the games i played first from lucky rivers and 2 other from stupid mistakes but at least i am safer now i think with 8$ than 4$.
    • spidersense
      spidersense
      Bronze
      Day 3
      I played 37x1$husngs
      Bankroll:12.24$
      Profit:+3.48$

Well today variance was a bitch. I can't count the games i lost from bad luck. I also lost a game i was winning from bad connection. But i realized that i have more leaks in my game than i thought. I watched some videos and immediatly after that i started playing better. So i will watch slowly but steady every video that i can find. I played so many games because i didn't want to end the day without being +. So i guess this thing (writing my progress here) really helps!
    • danan758
      danan758
      Bronze
      hey not bad 3 days in the green, see you getting some volume in. We all have more leaks than we think, im honest with myself about that actually i need to watch a video or read a book about poker before each session or i doubt my abilities, so keep studying and spotting those leaks. + getting better reduces the bad luck we think we have eg. 'had u played the hand a few hands ago better you'd've more chips now' despite playing well and losing this hand.
      But you play at 888 rewards there are the worst i have seen, great freerolls but no real cash back, field there is really soft so it may be worth playing for now but as you climb stakes id recommend you switch to a site with a good vip system (too tired to read over and edit hope this is good :f_biggrin:
    • spidersense
      spidersense
      Bronze
      Hey yes you are right. Cashback is the worst. Many freerolls but with huge field. But why i started to play there? I stopped plaing at pokerstars because the husngs games are the most difficult, there is not a single fish there. Partypoker: i hate partypoker it's like i lose every hand i play and i don't know why and this happens only there. Full tilt i hate the software i never deposited there. Pkr very small field i need to wait 30' to find a game easy tourneys though. Ipoker: well this is an alternative i play also at everest poker which has some multientryfreerolls that are extremely easy. Almost everytime i played one of these freerolls i won a 10$ or 20$ ticket or two and with them i play husngs to turn them into cash. I did this 10 times until now and believe me i didn't lose a single game at these husngs. So yeah easy field better freerolls but atm i dont have a bankroll there i cashed it out. Maybe if i build again a bankroll there i ll start the challenge there too. But at 888 the turbo husngs start with 1000 chips each making them faster which i like and at ipoker each has 1500 chips which sometimes can take forever and i want to play only one table.
      Today ill post a graph too. Thank you for following my progress and good luck!
    • spidersense
      spidersense
      Bronze
      Day 4
      I played 28x1$husngs
      Bankroll:13.68$
      Profit:+1.44$

Today i played better at first but then i got tired after playing one game after the other and that cost me some games. So i need to take more breaks. Also today i wasn't really in the mood to play so i stopped. I realized that i'am not concentrating enough when i play so i need to make an effort to concetrate a little more to stop making some of the stupid mistakes i make.
    • spidersense
      spidersense
      Bronze

So this is my profit graph from the 1$husngs i played. I started playing the 1$ when i had exactly 4$ bankroll.
      ROI: 11.26% ITM:60.47%
    • Lazza61
      Lazza61
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      Hey spidersense,

Welcome to the 'Get Rich or Die Tryin' bankroll challenge. we will be looking forward to your first update which you should post by Monday of each week in Get Rich or Die Tryin' - The Bankroll Challenge - Reporting thread.

Have fun :gl:

Laz
    • spidersense
      spidersense
      Bronze
      Day 5
      Today i played 19x1$husngs
      Bankroll:16.76$
      Profit:+3.08$

I play a lot better now :f_pleased:
    • spidersense
      spidersense
      Bronze
      Day 6
      20x1$husngs
      Bankroll:17$
      Profit:+0.24$
      I was tired today. I think i will start to play 2 tables from now on until i get to 3s.
    • spidersense
      spidersense
      Bronze
      Day 7
      12x1$husngs
      Bankroll:19.72$
      Profit:+2.72$
      I will stick to a single table after all to learn the game better.
    • metalmonkey80
      metalmonkey80
      Hello spidersense,

Impressive start to your challenge. I wish you all the best of luck and look forward to future updates.
      My regards

Matt
    • spidersense
      spidersense
      Bronze
      Hello Matt. Thank you very much! Although i don't think it's anything impressive so far. The impressive part for me is that i actualy use bankroll management. :f_smile:
      A year passed since i play and i never did that (at least for more than 3 days) no matter how many times i read how important this is. If i didn't write my progress here i would have tilted the money away until now. Best of luck to you too and more updates are coming!
    • spidersense
      spidersense
      Bronze
      Day 8
      15x1$husngs
      Bankroll:21.28$
      Profit:+1.56
      From today i'm 23. I feel old already lol. I played good today i can see my game improving from the videos i watch. I lost 3 games from the same person and got unlucky at some all inz but i can say that most of my opponents at 1$ are easy; there are a few exceptions of course.
    • spidersense
      spidersense
      Bronze
      Day 9
      15x1$husngs
      Bankroll:17.32$
      Profit:-3.96
      Well today i was doing good, but then i took a nap at 19:00 and i woke up at 04:00 and i started playing again losing every single game i guess i was a little tired today to sleep so much. Anyway i will build it up again no worries. Another thing that happend today i got a 5euro bonus at partypoker and i started playing 5.5 husnsg games and now i have 13$ there.
    • danan758
      danan758
      Bronze
      hey good to see you making progress, 1st day in the red, they happen
      Nice job on party br, keep it up good luck
    • spidersense
      spidersense
      Bronze
      Thank you danan but today was a really bad day (at 888):

Day 10
      23x1$husngs at 888
      Bankroll:10.88$
      Profit:-6.44$

This is the worst day ever. I don't know what happened either is just a really really bad downswing or i suck more! (suddenly). I mean take a look at this:

Is this thing normal? Or i played extremely bad?
      Anyway... Other news the bankroll at party poker now is 25$ from playing 5.5$husngs, actualy the games are easier than the 1$ at 888. I don't care about the risk there and i will continue to play 5.5$husngs but what i do there doesn't count to my challenge also i will not keep track of the games there.
      From pkr i got for birthday gift a lot of freeroll tickets. I played today at 50$ premium freeroll and finished 2nd, at hu i had 200k chips opponent had 100k but he went all in every hand and i had garbage when we had same chips i called with KTs, i hit K but at the river he hits A so i won a 3.5$ tournament ticket for tomorrow instead of a 12$.