[NL2-NL10] Q10o from MP3 - Correct to Call?

• JakeAlmighty
      JakeAlmighty
      Bronze
      Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      BB:
      $10.00
      MP2:
      $12.49
      Hero:
      $15.24
      BU:
      $10.75

0.05/0.1 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.65 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with Q:club: , T:spade:
      3 folds, MP2 calls $0.10, Hero calls $0.10, CO folds, BU calls $0.10, SB folds, BB raises to $0.40, MP2 calls $0.30, Hero calls $0.30, BU calls $0.30.

Flop: ($1.65) T:club: , 4:diamond: , 4:club: (4 players)
      BB checks, MP2 checks, Hero checks, BU checks.

Turn: ($1.65) Q:spade: (4 players)
      BB checks, MP2 checks, Hero checks, BU bets $0.78, 2 folds, Hero calls $0.78.

River: ($3.21) Q:heart: (2 players)
      Hero bets $2.00, BU raises to $4.00, Hero raises to $14.06 (All-In), BU calls $5.57 (All-In).

Final Pot: $26.84

Normally I should fold Q10o from MP3 when there is a raise as in this case. The table had been playing very loose however with trash hands being shown all over the place. Is it at all correct to call based on this kind of logic in a situation where the hand chart tells you to fold? (Especially when the raiser is BB, even if he's been shown to be a very loose player?)

Postflop; should I have been betting my top pair w/ good kicker?

Thank you in advance :)
  • 2 replies
    • caltabiano
      caltabiano
      Bronze
      The raiser is BB isn't it?

you get pot odds of a bit more than 3:1 to make this call. I wouldn't do it with QTo.. It's a very marginal hand, you're very often looking at pocket pairs, AK, AQ, AJ, AT, KQ, KJ, QJ... all of these have you beat.

Actually I wouldn't even limp from MP3... This is the kind of hand I just use to steal the blinds or to complete the from the SB.

About the postflop play, I'd bet about $1,30 hoping to get a couple of folds and to be heads up on the turn. Many hands have missed this flop and will fold to a raise, especially since the players before you have shown weakness. I'd fold against a reraise though.

On that turn, I'm trying to go broke. Bet 2/3 pot and try to shove on the river

Cheers
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      I´d fold QTo or raise to isolate the player.
      BB seems tight, you should mostly flop two pair to get his stack, so I would fold, since alot of times you have to fold to his c-bet.