888 - Server problems.

• AlphaVillain
      AlphaVillain
      Gold
      Over the last 3 days, I had major server problems on 888. I can't access a lot of areas of the software, like the points shop AND THE CASHIER, because some windows keep loading forever with no result. I periodically get the message "The server is currently down, please try again in a few moments." Well, I've been trying for 3 freaking days! Am I one of a few that are experiencing this problem, or is this a general issue?

I know I can use the 888sports site to request a fund withdrawal and the points shop site to use my points, but I think it's absolutely unacceptable for the second biggest online poker operator to have these kinds of technical problems for this long, and it's not even the first time! Hire better tech guys already! How do you expect players to sit down at a table and play in these conditions?
  • 9 replies
    • murzius
      murzius
      Gold
      yeah, i agree with it. Time to time 888 goyes crazy with they timeouts and lags.. :f_ugly:
    • 888Rep
      888Rep
      Gold
      Originally posted by AlphaVillain
      Over the last 3 days, I had major server problems on 888. I can't access a lot of areas of the software, like the points shop AND THE CASHIER, because some windows keep loading forever with no result. I periodically get the message "The server is currently down, please try again in a few moments." Well, I've been trying for 3 freaking days! Am I one of a few that are experiencing this problem, or is this a general issue?

I know I can use the 888sports site to request a fund withdrawal and the points shop site to use my points, but I think it's absolutely unacceptable for the second biggest online poker operator to have these kinds of technical problems for this long, and it's not even the first time! Hire better tech guys already! How do you expect players to sit down at a table and play in these conditions?
      Can you please email support@888poker.com and give them all the details like your computer specifications, poker user name and screenshots of your issues and our tech guys will take a look for you.
    • AlphaVillain
      AlphaVillain
      Gold
      "Our tech guys will look at it for you" - You say it like they're doing me a favor, like I was supposed to "look at it" for myself or I'm some kind of tech noob and my computer is a total mess, so the problem is on my part.

Well, it just to happens that I'm not, and I've also accessed the software from 3 different computers with 3 different internet connections with the exact same result, so don't try to insinuate that this is an isolated incident to save face on the forum. I'm quite sure that your technical department is aware of the problem, but they're probably too incompetent to fix it.

Your player population, according to pokerscout, also seems to be decreasing for a few days now and you've had 2 total disconnects just in the last 24 hours, so I'd say I'm pretty damn sure the problem is not on my part.
    • Lazza61
      Lazza61
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      Weird. Cashier works fine for me, no disconnects for me. the only issue I have (very minor) is that the software occasionally tells me I'm not logged in when I try to play the Star Spin game.
    • AlphaVillain
      AlphaVillain
      Gold
      In the Romanian forum, there are other players complaining about the exact same issue, even from the beginning of October!!! Instead of the problem getting fixed, it seems it grew bigger, affecting more and more players. Only certain areas are affected. One might assume that 888 is in no hurry to restore the connection to poor countries that are known to have more winning players than rich ones. We all know how much poker rooms love winning players!
    • 888Rep
      888Rep
      Gold
      Originally posted by AlphaVillain
      In the Romanian forum, there are other players complaining about the exact same issue, even from the beginning of October!!! Instead of the problem getting fixed, it seems it grew bigger, affecting more and more players. Only certain areas are affected. One might assume that 888 is in no hurry to restore the connection to poor countries that are known to have more winning players than rich ones. We all know how much poker rooms love winning players!
      As I have already stated if you send the details to support they will look into it for you.

888Rep
    • AlphaVillain
      AlphaVillain
      Gold
      Oh, don't worry, I did. Response:

"After reading your email and understanding the nature of your technical difficulties, I suggest that you re-install our software. "

I did it. Twice. Still didn't work properly. Fortunately, it miraculously started working again today. Yep, it was totally a problem on my end.
    • Agiz19
      Agiz19
      Bronze
      lol typical 888 responses with no solutons :) :f_drink:
    • Post removed