currency

• DevilishShe
      DevilishShe
      Bronze
      --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      I have an account in € on Mansion, I figured it would be better for me not to pay exchange rates to deposit and withdraw money. But lately I'm wondering if it is such a good idea.
      I use elephant ans pokertracker and it is very dificult to track the winnings, also I'm not sure the math is favorable, because the platform is changing the currency everytime I sit and leave the table (but this is too complicate for me to verify).... SO PLEASE COULD YOU GUYS TELL ME WHAT IS BETTER?????? (Im from EU, € is the currency in my state, but is that good enough reason to keep my accounts in €???)

ALSO IS IT POSIBLE TO CHANGE CURENCY TO $ ON MANSION???? I am just making an experiment tracking winings an looses on 4 tables for an hour, to see if the math they do to exchange the money is OK, or am I loosing cents everytime I change tables! I'l post the results!

ANYBODY HAS EXPERIENCE?????

Thanks
  • 8 replies
    • ukcoolcat
      ukcoolcat
      Bronze
      can't be sure, but i think it only applies to how you make a deposit/withdrawal for the conversion thing to have an effect, my accounts are all in $, so can't really advise you there, sorry.
    • DevilishShe
      DevilishShe
      Bronze
      MISSING MORE THAN 1 BB!!!!

Well my experience proved my gut feeling was right! I know I,m not missing a fortune here, but 1,5BB is big enough for a pokerplayer!

here are the results:

I played 7 tables:
      BOUGHT $ / CASHOUT $
      Holdem NL 0.05/0.1 2.4 /2.41
      Holdem NL 0.05/0.1 2.3 /2.1
      Holdem NL 0.02/0.04 1.24 /1.24
      Holdem NL 0.05/0.1 2 /2.45
      Holdem NL 0.02/0.04 1 /1.85
      Holdem NL 0.05/0.1 2 /2.32
      Holdem NL 0.05/0.1 2 /3.1

(*The results are from Mansions' own table history feature, and are the same as my data made by hand on a piece of paper)

TOTAL $ 12.94 $ 15.47 $
      (8.99€) (10.75€) =difference (WON)1,76€

When I start a table I pay 1,39€ for a minimum buy in of 2$, the rate is then: 1,4388

or another way:
      my winnings were of 2,53$ / 1,4388 =1,758€ (or 1,76, if they are rounding correctly)

BUT MY BALANCE IN € INCREASED FOR ONLY 1,65!!

I'm not a math expert, have I made a mistake???? please prove me wrong!

This could be the answer for all those whoes statistics on elefant are showing higher winnings than the balance on this platform. Just think about it, 1,5 blinds on 7 tables and 200 hands in 20 minutes disapeared (that is 0,75BB/100 hands, or in pokertracker 1,5BB/100 hands, THAT IS A LOT IF U ASK ME!!!)

I DO NOT WANT TO START A DISSCUSION ABOUT GENERAL MANSION BASHING... just please write your comments and solutions on this problem!

P.S. just something to think about :
      I played 20.000 hands NL 10 on mansion till today, my bankroll is just above 110€.
      if 0.15 $ goes missing every 100 hands, that is:
      20000/100=200
      200*0.15$=30$ that is almost 1/3 of my BR!!!!!!!!!!
      (do you still think it is an hones currency exchange deviance???)
      (maybe the sample is too small and it happens every 500 hands... still on 20.000 hands that is 6$.... not very little either + ????the rake....??? no wonder it is so hard to be a winning player on lower limits)

bytheway I'm stiil not sure all my calculations above are correct, IT IS JUST A THEORY, I'm not good at math, so PLEASE PROVE ME WRONG!!! I must have made some mistakes!

I have made another check to prove may theory:
      according to the Elephant I've lost 4,76$ in just over 700 hands today, that is correct - the same amount is stated in table history feature of mansion poker:

I have started the day with: 117,07€ on my BR, now I have 113,48€,

117,07-113,48 =3.59 €

the rate we pay the dollars to enter the table is:1,4388
      (I always paid 1,39€ for 2$) so they are promissing to cash u out by the same rate!)
      4,76$ would then be 3,30€ my BR should be then 113,77€
      - already missing 0,29€, wich is more than 4 BB, that rounds my theory to 1 BB missing every 200 hands, which is 10$ in 20.000 hands! on BR of 150$ thats high enough!

ONE PAYS LESS FOR EXCHANGE FEEs WHEN CASHING OUT!!!!right????
      (so in my poor math oppinion it is better to have the account in $, if you count out the instable exchange rates, but that would just be too complicaded for me to test out).... heheh, i think i just answered my question!

the next question would be then: can one change the account currency on mansion?????????
    • ukcoolcat
      ukcoolcat
      Bronze
      judging from your maths and your summing up, then you have indeed answered your own question, try the live operator on mansion to find out if you can change over from euros to $.
    • DevilishShe
      DevilishShe
      Bronze
      the support says you can change the currency BUT:

- your balance must be down to 0

AND

- the sofware would generate you a new nickname (how odd, new nickname)...

so I'll just keep clearing the bonus and making points, AND I'LL SHUT UP ABOUT IT! :)

I don't see my poker career evolving in mansion though! (sad cause I kinda like it)

:)
    • DevilishShe
      DevilishShe
      Bronze
      hehehehehe, I'm still obcessing, heheheh

update: I think the leak of cents does not depend on hands, or exchange... I reviewed again and it looks like:

- I loose 0,01 € every time I leave the table (so more tables I change more I loose)

and

- I loose 0,01 € everytime I reload at a table.

Is it bad??? well I'm not sure yet, my elephant stats, show me less winnings, meaning if i had an account in $ I would have less money, it looks like I benefit from latest dollar instability... but I'm not sure, might be missing some hands in the elefant stas, that would explain it as well!

I think I'll stop obcessing now. I guess everybody has an account in $$$$, I wish I had done the same!

:)
    • slikec
      slikec
      Global
      I have 90% of my roll in $ and at the moment i fell like crap dollar downswinging like hell last week and what is bigger problem doesn't seem it will stop :( And if i deposit most of my cash at moneybookers which are in € i lose additional 3% :D So i hope downhill shall stop or is just useless i play poker anymore if i lose more than i gain by doing nothing :D
    • SalamiandCheese
      SalamiandCheese
      Bronze
      Having the account in your domestic currency is definitely in your favour. Exchange rates can change a lot month to month by like +/- 10%. So you're better off not having to deal with this risk imo.

One thing I do when I join a table is write down what ex. rate I'm getting for my Cdn$. Then when close a session I check to see if my pokertracker stats match up with my account balance. Everything seems to be in order and haven't seen anything odd so far, but if I do I'll let you know!

*I haven't been picky about a penny or two either way, though. I usually buy-in for $20 right now so a penny is like 1/20th of a percent of $20. But if they take a penny once a day then I could be losing .10 cents every ten days, this could add up to $3.60 a year, son of a bitch!
    • DevilishShe
      DevilishShe
      Bronze
      Originally posted by SalamiandCheese
      Having the account in your domestic currency is definitely in your favour. Exchange rates can change a lot month to month by like +/- 10%. So you're better off not having to deal with this risk imo.

One thing I do when I join a table is write down what ex. rate I'm getting for my Cdn$. Then when close a session I check to see if my pokertracker stats match up with my account balance. Everything seems to be in order and haven't seen anything odd so far, but if I do I'll let you know!

*I haven't been picky about a penny or two either way, though. I usually buy-in for $20 right now so a penny is like 1/20th of a percent of $20. But if they take a penny once a day then I could be losing .10 cents every ten days, this could add up to $3.60 a year, son of a bitch!
      you are loosing a penny everytime u leave a table, so if u are multitabling and changing lots of tables as a true SSS, you are loosing more than a penny, surely about 0,10 a day, wich is 36,5 a year, hihiihihi. IMO (it is only a theory)