Working my way up to $1000

• grimpop
      grimpop
      Bronze
      Hi!

Thanks for stopping by. I'm also joining this "Get Rich or Die Tryin" challenge.

A little bit of me:
      I'm 28 years old from Sweden and have been playing poker since 2011. I've been having som small success with poker where my biggest wining in an MTT was recently the $1.10 Daily Double where I finished 3rd out of 12500 entrants and cashed $880.
      Except for that I have won a $720 spin and go and also a $215 ticket to sunday million.

My biggest bankroll was $1185 which was last month and were I started with only 0$ and 30fpp in July 2015. I decided to cash out and now I want to start again and my cuirrent BR is $55.98.
      Except for that I haven't deposited anything for over 2 years.

I only play on pokerstars and I play different games such as cash games NL2 mainly zoom, mtts, and sngs. I've been playing NL5 zoom but I'm having some problem there so I need to improve there.

I will try to get to a big bankroll again so feel free to follow my progress.
  • 16 replies
    • grimpop
      grimpop
      Bronze
      Here is my current starting BR:

• metalmonkey80
      metalmonkey80
      Hello grimpop,

Welcome to the 'Get Rich or Die Tryin' bankroll challenge. we will be looking forward to your first update which you should post by Monday of each week in Get Rich or Die Tryin' - The Bankroll Challenge - Reporting thread.

Looks like you have had a good start with the big wins! I look forward to reading future posts and I wish you luck in the challenge.

If you have any questions don't hesitate to ask.
      Good luck at the tables.

Regards

Matt
    • grimpop
      grimpop
      Bronze
      This week since I started the challenge, I have played:

Week 1
      8284 NL2 6-max zoom hands
      Profit/loss: +$19.47
      MTTS and SNGs played: 48
      Profit/loss: +$1.17
      Bankroll: $77.85

• grimpop
      grimpop
      Bronze
      Well, week 2 didn't go to good was down to 55$, but just had a nice NL2 zoom session where I tried to hit the straight flush, but I didn't hit hit, however I had a pretty good run. So now my current BR is $79.38, hopefully I will keep this and grind my way up!

• grimpop
      grimpop
      Bronze
      Week 3
      Hands: 7204
      Tournaments: 21
      Profit: +$31.76
      BR$83.76

This week was better than week 2 where I had 52.5$ in BR.
      I've been running deep in some tournaments but unfortunately it's low turbo buy ins and I didn't win much.
    • Dan1ee
      Dan1ee
      Bronze
      Hey ! every bit of profit helps :) I too am going to start the same challenge and start from £50. Looking forward to your posts and GL!
    • vonki
      vonki
      Coach
      Coach
      Always nice to see a fellow Swede around the forums, I'll def subscribe! :)
    • grimpop
      grimpop
      Bronze
      Week 4
      Hands: 7660
      Tournaments: 45
      Profit: +$1.20
      BR$84.96

I actually made around 33$ profit playing some NL2 and also NL5 6-max games, but I also played a lot of tournaments with higher buyins than my BR and they didn't goo to good. Therefore this weeks results is only +$1.20. My biggest problem now atm is to stick with NL2 6-max zoom, but it get's a bit to boring sometimes and especially when a lot of players call anyhand against a 3 bet preflop, so therefore I played some NL5 6-max zoom as well. Except for that I play some tournaments with higher buy ins and I also need to learn to play better in the MTTs. Hopefully I will make a bigger profit soon.

As for this week I'm actually going to take a break since I have an exam next week. So I'll see you around in a week!

Hey @Dan1ee, sounds nice good luck with your challenge, I'll be following you!

Hi @vonki, I've heard so much about you and I've been looking at your challenge as well, I'm very impressed. Didn't know that you were from Sweden to! Good luck to your challenge and I will also be following you!
    • vonki
      vonki
      Coach
      Coach
      Originally posted by grimpop
      Hi @vonki, I've heard so much about you and I've been looking at your challenge as well, I'm very impressed. Didn't know that you were from Sweden to! Good luck to your challenge and I will also be following you!
      Haha wow, where did you hear so much about me? :roto2: But yes; I am Swedish indeed! :) From Dalarna! Where in Sweden are you from? Thanks for your well wishes! :f_love: GL for your exam, I have one on Saturday. Brrr.
    • grimpop
      grimpop
      Bronze
      Haha, well a lot might be a bit excessive from my side, but yeah I found your BR challenge a long time a go and started to follow how it went there :)
      Cool, my granparents are from Dalarna, they live in Borlänge and Falun. Ty and you too! What are you studying?
    • vonki
      vonki
      Coach
      Coach
      hahah, crazy coincidence, I am from one of those two cities :f_biggrin: although I live in Germany right now, so I study German and some other not so fun stuff. :)
    • grimpop
      grimpop
      Bronze
      hehe yeah that's crazy. Oh ok nice with studying German.
      Hope that you did well on the exam that you had. :)
      I had mine today hopefully I will pass it.
    • SvenBe
      SvenBe
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      He grimpop,

how is it going BR challenge wise? We restarted our updates and missed your weekly report!
      Gogogo: Get Rich or Die Tryin' - The Bankroll Challenge - Reporting thread

CU,SvenBe!
    • grimpop
      grimpop
      Bronze
      Hi SvenBe!

The BR challenge is going good, but I took a break last week since I had an exam, and I reported in the thread that I would take 1 week off. I will update my BR stats this monday that will come on the 18th.
      I hope that is ok.
    • grimpop
      grimpop
      Bronze
      Week 5
      Hands: 21 176
      Tournaments: 89
      Loss: -$6,4
      BR$78.56

Well I had some good runs and some bad runs, avtually my BR was up to $128 but then I started running bad and played to high stakes so therefore I'm down to 78$.
    • grimpop
      grimpop
      Bronze
      Hi again,

I've decided to cancel this challenge since I no longer have time to play a lot of poker since I need to focus on my School.
      I hope I will be back after a while and take a new challenge!

Good luck to all of you with your challenges!

//Grimpop