Transfering to PLO

• ESTPatrick
      ESTPatrick
      Basic
      my last post got lost or deleted dont know, so i do new one

My situation:

I´m 30 years old and from Estonia. I have MA in economics. I like to travel a lot. Past 6 years except this year i have been traveling minimum 3 months every year. I also enjoy reading and made 4-5 years ago goal to read 50 books every year and so far i have accomplished it every year. Im also very active in my students society.

My poker story.

started january 2nd in 2007 and 10 months later i was living as professional pokerplayer. Started with free deposit 8$ bonus and built my bankroll to around 250$ in first 2 months and then needed to cash out because Estonian company called Playetech started to provide software to that site (i think it was hollywood poker or something like that). I spent it all and found new 5€ free deposit bonus site and never looked back after that. now i have 20k+ bankroll. Lifetime winnings with rakeback could be 150-200k€. cant be sure as i only have data from pokerstars and from few other sites where i have been playing last 2 years as my computer crashed and took all my HH played before that. I think i have played around ~60% of my hands in pokerstars and most of my winnings are from 6max and 9max NLH. around 5y ago i tranfered to 6max (played NLH 100-200) and now i think its time to start playing PLo seriuosly.I have also played tournaments and SPin n Go´s with success but i enjoy cash games more as it offers better time management in my life. I think playing all those different formats of NLH games have helped me to stay in the game so long.I have also tried 2-3 times to be PLO player, but never managed to get better results than Break-even. usually played PLO50-100
  • 2 replies
    • ESTPatrick
      ESTPatrick
      Basic
      Haven-t done anything special. just studied PLO materials and bought PT4 omaha version and tested HUD. So far winning in PLO seems so far away, but at least its very interesting to study PLO. Have written down some questions, when someone knows the std line/answer. Please reply.

1. how to play small pairs when there are ton of limps and i only need to complete. MW pot OOP with naked small pair. for example 4429 rainbow. i always complete because of the odds, but even when i hit a set and play it rather passively when someone starts betting im still not sure is that correct?

1.1 what to do when there is a minraise and 2-3 calls, should i even complete from the blinds? odds sai yes, but im not sure

2. is river raise ever without nuts in small stakes?

So far those are the questions im struggling with. i hope to have better questions in the future
    • ESTPatrick
      ESTPatrick
      Basic
      started playing PLO50 mostly now as PLO25 is getting boring (this is a good thing) so far i feel like i run a lot worse in PLO50 + im getting out played. sample is only 11k hands in PLo50, so its not much.

my plo25 graph:

https://gyazo.com/fdc32daad5e1f6d993a95751ed51ee1a

my EV winrate was over 39k hands 9,16bb/100