Chasing gambling losses

• Tunatic
      Tunatic
      Bronze
      Hey guys, I created this blog with the main intention of keeping a personal diary of some sort, as I feel it would positively affect my poker life. The final thing that pushed me into finally creating this blog was the Bankroll Challenge, which seems interesting. I'll be trying to turn change into a small fortune. More about that below.

About me :s_drink:
      I am a 22 year old single student from Ljubljana (Slovenia), currently studying Computer and Information Science (previously studied engineering). Currently I am probably on the biggest crossroads of my life, as I am fairly uncertain as to how I will be making a living. So let's get into that a bit.

About 4 years ago I started a YouTube channel with no intention of making any money with it. To my surprise, it turned out to be a great idea, as I have accumulated over 150M views until this day, which are currently bringing in more money monthly than my parents make. However, profits have been slowly decreasing and I feel like the golden age of YT is coming to a close for me, so I do not see YouTube as my occupation in the future. As I have not uploaded any videos for over a year now, I will also not be posting my channel here (not yet, at least).

Then there's college. I'm not thrilled with the idea of having an average family life, with a 9 to 5 job. It has always been my dream to make a living playing poker, so I am willing to at least take a shot. But don't get me wrong, I have always been hungry for knowledge, and I definitely intend to finish college.

I know I have not been very descriptive about myself in this paragraph. I intend to do that bit by bit in my next posts in this blog.

My Poker History :s_love:
      I have been playing for real money since the day I turned 18. Although I did start studying poker a year or two before that. Since then I have been actively playing on several poker sites, but only on Stars for the last year. I basically had a steady profit ever since I started playing poker, however I did hit a really rough patch right after I started playing for real money. However, it wasn't poker that got me, it was blackjack. Obviously, I could not avoid all the big buttons that were smiling at my face, waiting to take my money. It cost me about $5k or so (that was an immense amount of money for me at that time) before I learned my lesson and realized it's a disgusting game that I should never get close to again in my life, as I am not able to play blackjack "just for fun". What I experienced was far from fun.

The Bankroll Challenge :s_biggrin:
      Finally, to the important part of this blog. I have always been very inconsistent regarding poker stakes, bankroll, etc. I've been from NL2 to NL500, played tournaments with a BI from $0.01 up to $300. I have never actually deposited a set amount and then tried to run it up. And that is what I intend to do this time. I will be starting at around $150 (I will decide on the exact amount when I start playing) and will try to turn it into $1500 with no set time limit. I will start with Spins of up to $3, MTT's of up to $5, hyper-turbo 6-max SNG's of up to $3.5 and maybe some cash games mixed in up to NL5. However, I will start playing around Christmas, just wrote this up now, because I had some free time. Hope there's nothing wrong with that.

I will be updating this blog at the end of every playing day. I will be posting daily results, interesting hands, etc.
  • 2 replies
    • SDK1987
      SDK1987
      It’s nice to see that you have started a blog. We are in the meanwhile more than 2 weeks further.
      How it’s going on the moment?

Further I wish you good luck with beating the micro stakes and beyond and a Merry Christmas :gl:

Cheers,
      SDK1987
    • Tunatic
      Tunatic
      Bronze
      Hey SDK, thanks for a warm welcome. :f_thumbsup:

Alright, starting off a bit later than initially planned. I have now deposited my starting bankroll and will start playing today. Will post results after session.