William Hill banned from Slovenia?

• wizo656
      wizo656
      Bronze
      The application doesn't want to connect with server. I also cannot access their site, since our gambling regulation office restricted access to the site. Has William Hill been banned from Slovenia?
  • 9 replies
    • Tunatic
      Tunatic
      Bronze
      Yeah, you can not access the website from Slovenia. However, you're still welcome to play there if you connect via a VPN, for example.
    • Lazza61
      Lazza61
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      Hey wizo656,

Tunatic may well be correct. It depends more on William Hill's policy than the Slovenian authorities.

If Slovenia is still an allowed jurisdiction by William Hill and the site is being blocked by your ISP, then it would be OK to use VPN, but only to download or upgrade the client. If this is the case, then you should still be able to play without a VPN as ISP's only block the web pages,

If William Hill no longer provides services to Slovenians, then it is not permitted under any circumstances. If caught, your account would be closed and your funds confiscated.

The best thing to do would be to contact their support for clarification on their policy towards Slovenia.

Regards

Laz
    • Tunatic
      Tunatic
      Bronze
      As I am from Slovenia and played there a few days ago, I can assure you, it's fine.

By the way, regarding a VPN software, I recommend [Edited by Lazza61]
    • Lazza61
      Lazza61
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      Hey Tunatic,

While we appreciate that you have the best intentions, we can't allow recommendations of VPN software on our boards as the use of VPNs is against the Terms & Conditions of all our partner rooms.

Hope you understand

Laz
    • Agiz19
      Agiz19
      Bronze
      will hill works fine all you have to do is go to William hill poker web site and not betting main site, its been like this for few years now :) Slovenia here also;)

http://poker.williamhill.com/
    • wizo656
      wizo656
      Bronze
      Nope, that site doesn't work for me either. My ISP is Telemach, could they have blocked the site, but the other ISPs in the country didn't?
      Anybody know where I could download the client?
    • Inv1ctus83
      Inv1ctus83
      Bronze
      I'm on T-2 and site which Agiz19 provided opens just fine, so it's most likely just Telemach that blocked this site. But they should probably tell their customers which sites they'll be blocking etc, so maybe they contacted you via mail but it got to spam or whatever.
    • Tunatic
      Tunatic
      Bronze
      Amis here, also blocked. As I mentioned, get a VPN and you can access the site and download the software without any issues.
    • Agiz19
      Agiz19
      Bronze
      yup telemach has banned it.....at a friends house who has it it doesn't work , I managed to download it but the client wont open :/ so the only way to play will hill is to have siol internet or t2, maybe amis works but it sucks anyway as isp