time for quality

• rwb78
      rwb78
      Basic
      Hi all,

I am Robbie, 37 years old and a big fan of racing and poker. I started playing from 2005-2010. That we're good times!
      I picked it up again with a coaching programm and want to build up from the ground. At the moment 5NL at Stars.
      My first 2200 hands are done. Next year I want to be able to play 50NL at least break even.

Till soon!
  • 11 replies
    • szerzawiak
      szerzawiak
      Global
      Good luck rwb78! :f_drink:
    • rwb78
      rwb78
      Basic
      Hi there,

So far I have played almost 6000 hands. The NOBS guidelines are getting more easy to execute without looking at chards so i can play more hands per hour. It’s a bit bumpy, but hey, that’s poker! Here’s a graph.

I am working towards the 10.000 hands this week so I can upload my database to see how accurate I follow the guidelines.

The Uhlvar Equity quiz is going well. My error rate is now 5.7.

So, see ya later.
    • rwb78
      rwb78
      Basic
      Good day,

Well my target of 3500 hands this week is completed. Allready have 3800 and played 1100 today. The most nice thing about the system I stay out of emotions. Slowly I understand where the money comes from (at micro stakes).

here’s the graph

Uhlvar Equity I do 50 hands a day. Today score: Average error: 6.23

Average time: 9.9. I’ll get under 4 in two months.

see ya at the tables!
    • rwb78
      rwb78
      Basic
      Bumpy road today, put in 2000 hands which i am happy about. My play is getting better and I am fully in control of my emotions. I struggle a little in what hands I should post. But I will put more effort in it.
      Uhlvar today is Average error: 5.24
      Average time: 23.8
      I train myself by writing down scenario's like "FD against TP = x%" so i have better estimates.

I uploaded my database and moved on to the next unit in the programm. With the PT4 quickfilters I looked in my database it must be at least 'a good enough' report.

At NL5 i am running +3,5bb/100 on 11.000 hands.
    • rwb78
      rwb78
      Basic
      I played a lot of hands today: 3422. The result was break-even. My graph overal is:

My first database analysis was 98,7%. I am pretty satisfied for this moment..

I made sheets for postflop so I can find answers faster when i need it. Besides that I now know the rules more without a sheet.

I am happy with the structure. I really see this works. I think the majority of HH reviewed (in sessions) are fine when just applying the rules. So I focus on that. Player dependent reads come later.

My goal this week is to get 10.000 hands, focus more and more on rules. Just do it!
    • rwb78
      rwb78
      Basic
      I learned a lot the past days. Find fish or be the fish. Stars zoom has not got much fish, even at 5NL. So I switched and what a difference! So that was a very +EV move.

Besides that I decided to take maximum 2 rush/zoom/etc. tables. I make too much mistakes playing 3 tables. I still can make 450 hands per hour. I uploaded my second database. I expect a bit lower result but above 98%.

Uhlvar was Average error: 5.42
      Average time: 13.6
      Practice a lot is the way the go. Sometimes I fill the % and I know it has to be accurate without thinking.

my weekly goals:
      1. 10.000 hands (piece of cake)
      2. Postflop NoBS – I made some sheets and this goes well. Not many mistakes.
      3. handreview and post (exceptions NoBS) – I am having a difficult time with this. If I follow the rules there are few questions to ask. When thinking more about the board and villain there must be a lot to discuss. I will review more to find spots.
      4. good blogs – more information about goals and what I am doing. (is getting better!)

I dropped 7 BI within 500 hands. AA got cracked 3 times and some nuts against better nuts on rivers. That was pretty rough and I learned my lesson: stop table when I have more than 180 blinds. Find better sites for fish. Play less tables. Take a 5 minute break after 2 big pots lost in a short time.

The trend downwards was the point I went 3 tabling Zoom. The circel is the point where I switched site.

I am contacting VIP for RB so I can check out other pokersites.

Mistakes are fine if you don’t make them twice.
    • rwb78
      rwb78
      Basic
      Quiet day at the office. Played 800 hands breakeven. My results in general are getting much better.

This due to better standard play and good site selection.

so far I played 28000 hands NL5 at 3bb/100. I think this will get up to 5bb/100 when i reach 50.000 hands. The first 18000 hands were not that great cause of bad tables.

I set my first target at 50.000 hands and evaluate with my coach if I can move up to NL10.
    • rwb78
      rwb78
      Basic
      Today I uploaded my third database. I expect a good report.

I currently run 2,7bb/100 over 31000 hands. I can’t play much this week because of family vacation. My target of 8000 hands is possible though. I got a lot of new medication for the bowell imflamation. I hope it works so pain reduces.

The hand posting in the coaching session I find very valuable. The feedback is point sharp and is changing my thinking in a positive way.

Uhlvar I am still above 5.5 error score. I want to constantly below that within two weeks.
    • rwb78
      rwb78
      Basic
      Having a great time at the tables.:-) The sessions prevent me from making big mistakes while i am punishing the players making big mistakes. I got three buy-ins in one session from a villain who only had the raise/AI button with any two. That’s a good bonus.

Uhlvar is still between 5,5-5,9 error. I’ll just keep repeating it.

My graph shows a nice explosion at the end of this year.
      https://imageshack.com/a/img907/8306/G4Smx4.jpg

With watching a lot of video’s of the sessions i am getting programmed step by step which makes it easier at the tables.

So, watch, play, repeat, review, play, …….
    • rwb78
      rwb78
      Basic
      I began the new year where I left. Playing good because i don’t make big mistakes and get payed off by villains who make these mistakes. Besides that I can play about 900 hands per hour.

I have now 38.000 hands on NL5 at 8bb/100.

I am pretty happy that my thought process is developing. This is all because of the coaching hand review sessions. My weakness is that i am leveling myself too much and now am learning to keep it simple but effective. Setting ranges, estimating combos, asking question like “am I value betting? what hands am I beating? what hands are chasing? etc.

Uhlvar Average error: 5.14 : Average time: 9.9
      I think it is ok, over time i will get a point off.

I hope I can put the time in because there are many things keep me of from playing: business is demanding my focus and my bowell hurts like hell. I hope the docters can fix me quickly.
    • rwb78
      rwb78
      Basic
      Last week was OK. Was very swingy but it don’t bother me. I know I beat this limit especially where I play.

Uhlvar is now 6.3 error so that goal is not going well. Sometime I am spot on 5 times and than miss bij 20 points. I will evaluate what spots these are.

My goal of posting hands is going OK. I prepare for the coaching session at least 3 hands. It takes time but I learn a lot from it.

I get in enough hands per hour (about 750) so I am very happy with that. Targets of 8.000-10.000 hands a week is still going steady. My average per week is now 11.000 hands. My total is now 48.000 hands at 5.2BB/100, so that is OK.

My postflop lines are improving because of the sessions. Many situations are the same and that makes playing easier if I know the right action to take.

I need to focus more on playing the standard lines because I get a little looser (exeptions) especialy against minbets PF and limpers.