My Poker Experience So Far...

• Corrupted666
      Corrupted666
      Bronze
      Hey all, after reading various others peoples blogs I felt inspired to start my own. My name is Chris and I live in bonnie scotland, I've been playing poker for a few years, mostly play money on pokerstars before I found pokerstrategy via a link on an Age of Mythology forum.

My starting capital was on Mansion, but the old software was utter crap and kept disconnecting me non-stop, so I avoided it for months until I heard it switched to iPoker, where the software is much more stable for me.

On Pokerstars they used to have a Uk+Ireland freeroll which i used to cash constantly, but only about 40c-$1 mostly so I began my bankroll with $4.87 and currently sit at $122 atm.I usually grind the $1.20 SnG but plan to move to $3.40 once i reach $150.

Mansion usually tilts me one way or another, too many shortstacks and I dont think cashgames suit me, current bankroll there is £48.

I play for fun generally but being a scotsman and a taurus, I have a temper and hate losing :D

Session tonight so far 4 $1.20 SNG at stars was good overall 1 first,3 second, I played decent TAG style I thought but my heads up needs work, might play a few later but mates over and time for fifa09.

Anyways I'll try to update as much as possible. Have fun at the tables.
  • 4 replies
    • 1seednoir1
      1seednoir1
      Bronze
      Nice job so far: I did the same too, but I started with 4.76$ :D I won from the BOD. Well nice start so far, the 1.2$ SnG are easy to beat, started there also. Can you tell us about your plan? how will you manage to reach the 4digit number, or anything about the game you wish to play.
    • Corrupted666
      Corrupted666
      Bronze
      My first small goal is to reach $150 so I can begin the $3.40 SnG. I usually play 4-6 tables, but playing such small stakes I dont really expect to win much at all, so I'll just grind.

My longterm goal atm is to reach $500, but at my limtis is a long way ahead :evil:

Been playing at Mansion and just hit silver, ususally the Zagreb or Toronto SNG, or occasionally NL10 but tables usually dominated by shortstacks so I get bored quickly.

My pokerstars name is Corrupted666 and my Mansion is MorsPrincipium.

Just made silver, time to study new articles and see if any good silver SNG vids.
    • Corrupted666
      Corrupted666
      Bronze
      On pokerstars...played around 12 sng's today, was gonna go for high orbit leaderboard but lost interest(fifa09 too addictive), 41 games to go to count but no time..atm i would be 58th so good chance I could have came top10 if I played and got some money back...came 60th last week and got $5.

Mansion went terrible....cant beat loose players even when I 3bet, they call with garbage and win, will probably stop playing on mansion and fall down to bronze again, nearly read all silver articles and watched a few videos.

At the moment playing a live game with my uncle and some mates, only 6 of us and we play sng style with top2 paid. 1 is an ok player, rest are very loose and play any 2...going ok so far but reading them is impossible as their capable of holding anything.
    • Corrupted666
      Corrupted666
      Bronze
      Was gonna try Mansion tonight but i got "timed out" message when loading some tables, only 1 loaded yet for the other funds got taken off my account and never got re-added after i closed the table....spoke with live help but they say technical issues(usual response). Br sits at £22 when it should be £34, screw Mansion tbh ,worst site ive played on.

My goal for $150 on stars went badly last night, let a mate try out a cashtable, he was $13 down in 5 minutes thus my br sits at $94. Played 12 sng's today and didnt have much luck 6 4th places, I play well I think just everytime i find a hand 4 handed someone has a better one or i get suckout'd on.

Opened 1 table of nl25 just to see what it was like, from what a seen it was just as loose as nl10 and just as lucky.

Will probably play more 2nite, no cashtables tho(they are off limit) and see how it goes...hopefully i can get above the $100 mark again.