Important report for 0.66 with FTP

• manumanuellito
      manumanuellito
      Bronze
      Hello.

In the description of Elephant improve (0.66) it is possible to read this:

"- Stats are displayed even if you do not sit at the tables, as soon as you got the HH file, so Full Tilt Poker should work again out of the box"

I sure you don't ignore FTP close many accounts for seacurity reasons, including datamining.

If this fonctionnality imports hands, this is datamining..... I think it's very important to warn about this.

Regards,

Manu
  • 4 replies
    • LuborC
      LuborC
      Bronze
      This is definitely a big issue!
      Someones account has been already closed by full tilt probably because he used the equilator while playing. The new release now allows datamining AND allows you to send a hand to equilator by right clicking it which makes the equilator usable while playing. I'm pretty sure this feature might get Elephant banned from all the major sites pretty quick leaving a lot of people with closed accounts and confiscated bankrolls.

I copied this from the Elephant blog. These are the two features which might cause problems with the poker rooms.

- Stats are displayed even if you do not sit at the tables, as soon as you got the HH file, so Full Tilt Poker should work again out of the box
      - Hands Tab: Rightclick on a hand => Send hand to Equilator
    • ehkayforty7
      ehkayforty7
      Bronze
      Hmmm, well it is true that you can now datamine.

This blows, so I can't use Elephant anymore while I play? How can Full Tilt even tell if you are using it?
    • LuborC
      LuborC
      Bronze
      I'm sure it will get sortet out. I think that Manu just wanted to bring this issue to the attention of someone who can contact Full Tilt and other sites on behalf of the PS and find out which features they would still allow and which they would already concider too much help to the players and thus bann the software. Or that's what I wanted anyway..
      I guess you should just email Full Tilt support and ask them if it is ok to use The Elephant so that you are safe.
    • 6Wishmaster6
      6Wishmaster6
      Black
      Nope... its not possible to datamine with the elephant alone. The elephant does not create any handhistory on its own!

Thats a very important fact...

If a pokerclient writes a handhistory without you sitting on the table, like full tilt does, there is nothing we can do about it.

Elephant should import all HH´s you give him thats what you all expect from a analyse tool.

Equilator can be used with rightclicking on a hand from the elphant, BUT you have to click a hand that is already important. So this only allows you to analyse hands that are already written until the end.
      So there is no live analysis with the equilator. You can just use it afterwards, to analyse your game.

So, we are fully aware of the capabilities of the elpahnt, noone of this should be any problem while playing on a any client!

Also PokerStars, who have very hard restrictions on what a pokersoftware is alowed to do, list the elphant as allowed while playing!