LePokerMonsters blog

• LePokerMonster
      LePokerMonster
      Bronze
      Hello everyone! My name is Zane, i'm Latvian. I'm playing FL and so far i have gone through really painful downswings and big upswings! so far i managed to get my bankroll up to $153(allthough i have collected full Pokerstrategy Bonus(50+100)). My highest point so far was $230 but then followed a really steap downswing and so here i am. I have played poker for a month now but i'm a quick learner. I get really pissed off about some really bad beats but eventually I have learned to ignore them. And sometimes i have big problems with Postflop play(like playing top pair on a draw heavy board) and i lose much money playing those hands! I'd like to find out are there any tables, that shows you how do you need to play postflop in some specific situations. i will update my BR every week. :)

• 11 replies
    • opal99
      opal99
      Black
      Yay; another FL blog! =)

Don't worry about postflop play, you can't master it ever :P Everyone has problem with specific situations and the best you can do is find out where are your leaks, so you're able to improve.

I don't think it's possible to make any postflop table as there're milions of possible situations, but don't worry: you'll get the correct feeling for each of them over the time! Just play, learn, play, learn, play...

Good luck and keep this blog alive :)
    • LePokerMonster
      LePokerMonster
      Bronze

a pretty big upswing in a couple of days!!! I'm really happy, couse i was very close to tilting! well...now I got my confidence again and my BR is $218. I'm really waiting when my BR reaches $300 couse then i could move up to 0.5/1. I really hope there won't be any steap downswings for now! Also i found out that on partypoker, people at night ar MUCH MUCH looser than at day.
    • Harold1
      Harold1
      Global
      The Basic and Bronze FL articles teach u how to play post flop.

gl,

I'm just starting over again w/ fl after a very mediocre time w/ nl.

Fl is much better place to start.
    • LePokerMonster
      LePokerMonster
      Bronze
      Hello guys! I ahven't posted anything in my blog due the Big downswing i was getting and I found my self tilting about 1k hands, so i turned off my PC and went to sleep! Next day after school I started to play and it seemed like it was never going to end. I won one ig pot after another. i Hit about 282$ and finished my session. Next day after Terrorblade's coaching I wanted to try 0.5/1 tables so I started to play at two FR jackpot tables and it went horrible..and then it started... i had one bad beat after another. I felt that if i'd play at 6 0.5/1 tables I will win smth so i played 6-table for about half and hour till i hit 223$ mark. I was frustrated. I had so many bad beats but i understood that i need to play 0.25/0.5 again couse i'm not ready to move up in limit. So next day I played as usual-6 tables of 0.25/0.5 and after about two hours i had won 12$. and today was really cool. I sat down at 4 tables FULL of donkeys and fishes!!! I hit an amazing upswing!!! almost 85$ in about 1.5 hours!!! so now i have 299.67$ and i will re-read all the strategy articles and try to win smth at 0.5/1 limit! My winrate is 1.97BB/100 and i think it's not bad since it was 1.04 two days ago! :)

• kennyxx
      kennyxx
      Bronze
      Hi LePokerMonster

It's always hard to play when nothing works and You're falling down. But at least You stopped and went back to .25/.50. Good for You.
      Maybe it was not best idea to open four more tables when You couldn't beat two only ;) . BTW did You read new stop-loss article? It would help when bad day will come again.

And upswing is always nice.
      GL on .50/1 and keep up
    • LePokerMonster
      LePokerMonster
      Bronze
      I hit a MAJOR downswing(almost 140BB) and now my bankroll is down to $236.

It was really frustrating to play these 1k hands couse i hit one beat after another! the sickest one i had so far:

Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      SB:
      $22,40
      BB:
      $23,30
      UTG1:
      $32,15
      UTG2:
      $23,28
      MP1:
      $23,75
      MP2:
      $43,95
      MP3:
      $17,15
      CO:
      $5,80
      Hero:
      $15,80

0,5/1 Fixed-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.67 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BU with 8:club: , 8:heart:
      UTG1 raises, 2 folds, MP2 calls, MP3 folds, CO calls, Hero calls, SB calls, BB folds.

Flop: (11,00 SB) 7:spade: , 8:spade: , A:club: (5 players)
      SB checks, UTG1 bets, MP2 folds, CO calls, Hero raises, SB folds, UTG1 3-bets, CO calls, Hero caps, UTG1 calls, CO calls.

Turn: (11,50 BB) A:heart: (3 players)
      UTG1 bets, CO folds, Hero raises, UTG1 3-bets, Hero caps, UTG1 calls.

River: (19,50 BB) J:spade: (2 players)
      UTG1 checks, Hero bets, UTG1 raises, Hero 3-bets, UTG1 caps, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 27,50 BB

Results follow (highlight to see):
      Hero shows a full-house, eights full of aces (8c 8h)
      UTG1 shows a full-house, aces full of jacks (Jd Ad)

UTG1 wins with a full-house, aces full of jacks (Jd Ad)

Now My chart looks something like this:

I'm thinking of moving down a limit but i want to try 0.5/1 one more time couse so far after a major downswing comes even a bigger upswing! Below $200 i will change my limit back to 0.25/0.5 but till that i'm going to play 0.5/1! I think i lose most of my money by overplaying pocketpairs which on the flop becomes middle pairs or smth like that!
    • TerrorBlade
      TerrorBlade
      Black
      Awesome to see you taking shots @ 0.50/1$ after visiting many coachings and generally working on your game! I see great things in your future if you keep at it :D

Good luck making it through those tough breakeven times!
    • Waiboy
      Waiboy
      Bronze
      Hi LePokerMonster!

Man you're going full on! Good luck with your trip through FL land!

I find that at each level I think I've got a good grasp of my game, and by the time I'm ready to step up, I realise I had lots of holes I couldn't see!

So know I just accept that as I add to my bank roll and move up limits that I'm just less bad than I was before, rather than thinking I'm actually good - it's a tough realisation to come to! :P

Keep us informed of your progress... at this volume of play you'll be sailing through the limits in no time. :D
    • LePokerMonster
      LePokerMonster
      Bronze
      hello again! I have been thinking my game through a lot. I have re-read the articles! I have moved down to lower limits, but still-i keep losing! So i though i'd give NL a chance! the first couple of sessions were fine(won about 30BB on NL10) but then i found a big leak-i can't fold big hands. So no i know my biggest leak in NL and i'm going to fix it. I just think that FL isn't my game! maybe NL is. we'll see :)
    • LePokerMonster
      LePokerMonster
      Bronze
      after a long downswing i'm back on my winning track! My downwing was about 300BB and i've moved down by two blind levels(now i'm playing at 0.1/0.2).
      I hope to see some improvments in my game since i have uncovered a lot of leaks while on downswing. Also i have changed poker networks and now i play on PS(PokerStars) and Propaganda poker(ipoker network)

Bankroll:
      Pokerstars-$14.32
      Propaganda-$117

New bonuses to get and new tables. Allthough i have noticed the big number of bad beats i'm getting on Ipoker. I will do some more analyzing but but i think that there is something wrong with ipoker's random shuffling. After I get a large enough sample hand database on ipoker, i will check if the bad beat precentege isn't over the avarage.
    • Waiboy
      Waiboy
      Bronze
      Originally posted by LePokerMonster
      Allthough i have noticed the big number of bad beats i'm getting on Ipoker. I will do some more analyzing but but i think that there is something wrong with ipoker's random shuffling. After I get a large enough sample hand database on ipoker, i will check if the bad beat precentege isn't over the avarage.
      LePokerMonster, don't go looking for unusual number of beats on a network as an excuse. There is no conspiracy. There is no one out to get you. The reason you lose money is either bad play or variance. Nothing else.

And even if there were say even 5% over the average bad beats on the network... how could you possibly just notice that over a large sample size?! Remember the bad beats always remain in the mind longer than the times we suck out!

I play on the iPoker network. Are you saying that because I'm moving up limits that I'm rigging the network or that the network has singled me out as a player NOT to get bad beats? Or that I'm so bad that they let me win knowing I'll lose somewhere in the future? (Well, that one is the most likely to be true!) ;)

What about others who have moved through the limits on iPoker... of whom there are many.

You may hate the software/support/whatever, but there is nothing wrong with the card generators.

I think once you can accept this, you're game will improve markedly. You can and will beat the micro limits if you apply the strategy properly. Good luck dude!