Macqas's Blog

• Macqas
      Macqas
      Silver
      Hello,

Welcome to my blog

My current bankroll is :

This is my graph over the last 13K hands playing 2 NL using both the MSS and the BSS :

My goals are :

- Play 7K+ hands p/week
      - Study 1-2h everyday (by atending to coachings, reading strategy articles, etc)
      - Reach 25 NL

I'll update everyweek
  • 35 replies
    • tonypmm
      tonypmm
      Silver
      ¡Hola! Don't forget that the Spanish-speaking community is also running this challenge, although there's currently no reward for participating in Spanish, apart from being mentioned in the news and interviewed in Spanish after the victory. You can take part in both English (here) and Spanish, as well as any other language you're able to blog in. But you'll have to submit weekly results separately in each of the language communities and maintain a separate blog in each of them.

Please tell us more about living in Uruguay as a poker player :f_cool: (I assume that you expect to go pro at some point and have already figured out what is awaiting you then.) As it's a quite developed (and rather expensive by Iberoamerican standards :f_mad: ) country, the Internet connection is quite stable there, right?

Actually, the first Uruguayo poker player I heard of was Lermonad at Stars, who emigrated from Russia soon after he achieved great success in MTTs.

:gl:
    • tonypmm
      tonypmm
      Silver
      Originally posted by Macqas
      using both the MSS and the BSS
      Oh, by the way, what do you think about the RSS (Random Stack Strategy) that is taught exclusively in the Spanish community so far (was developed by an Argentine PS coach Zholltar and is also taught by FairyVerde)?

[For those who don't know the RSS: it consists in buying in for the minimum with auto-top-up turned off or set to the table minimum, but not leaving the table after doubling up (but not topping up to 100 bb to apply the BSS in that case). So an RSS practitioner need to be good at playing at different stack depths, though s/he is happy to shortstack whenever possible. The advantages are that the RSS allows to stay at fishy tables when other good tables can't be found, which is especially useful at Stars because of the Buy-In Obligations. Also, it messes up the HUD stats that opponents have on Hero, unless they have put work into setting up a really sophisticated HUD.]
    • Lazza61
      Lazza61
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      Hey Macqas,

Welcome to the 'Get Rich or Die Tryin' bankroll challenge. we will be looking forward to your first update which you should post by Monday of each week in Get Rich or Die Tryin' - The Bankroll Challenge - Reporting thread.

Wow. That second half is amazing. :profit:

Have fun :gl:

Laz
    • SvenBe
      SvenBe
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      Howdy & welcome in the challenge

Also, it messes up the HUD stats that opponents have on Hero
      I think that this is not an "Also", but the main point! However not many players will bring it to perfection. Combining opponents statistics (let's say 17% Openraise from MP) with your own strategy and your stacksize is very, very complicated. When do you 3bet AQ? with less than 40BB ...but how about doing it opponent specific.... My brain hurts already by writing that :-)
    • tonypmm
      tonypmm
      Silver
      I think MTT players would implement the RSS quite well if they really desired to play cash for some weird reason. They're already used to playing with different stack distributions. They only need to adjust their MTT strategy to the cash game rake.

But conversely, when following the RSS, cash games can be viewed as a low variance playground where MTT early-mid stage skills can be honed.
    • Macqas
      Macqas
      Silver
      Hi tonypmm,

Thanks for the information regard to the bankroll challenge in the spanish community. I opted to take part in the english community one as it reaches more people, but I will consider to join both in the future.

Living in Uruguay as a poker player may become an option to take into consideration as the average salary of a uruguayan worker is 547 USD which, I guess, you can manage to win playing at 25 NL at a decent winrate, even though the life cost is relatively high compared to most of the latin american countries. About the internet connection, Uruguay is probably the best country in latin america in what regards to stability, and is for sure the more connected to internet (meaning that the most people have access to it). Finally, I'd like to become a semi-proffesional poker player grinding at 25 NL that I think would be good

I think that I may be very interesting to learn It because, as you mention, I'll be difficult for villians to play against you, but if you're a begginer, like me, you probably want to stick to the bss as you can get confused. I've never atend to either Zholltar or FairyVerde coaches so that I can't give my view about it. I learnt the MSS back a couple of years ago on another site before I quit poker and the buy-in restrictions on stars
    • Macqas
      Macqas
      Silver
      Hi Lazza61,

Thanks for your comment, I hope I can do well
    • Macqas
      Macqas
      Silver
      Week 1

Hands: 8397
      Week 0 BR: $122.55
      Profit: +$26.08
      Week 1 BR: $147.14

I'm concerned about my non-showdown winnings as i'm losing 1/3 part of what i'm winning at showdown that impact negatively on my net winnigs. It is possible that i'm cbetting too much on spots where i should not and, that i'm cbetting too little on spots where i should do so. I will try to find out the cause of why non-showdown winnings are going down so quickly and, see if I can reduce its impact on my net winnings.

I've just read a forum post writed by w34z3l call "The Red Line Myth" regarding the non-showdown winnings.

So think about what you are doing, and why. Never try to arbitrarily make certain stats rise or fall; think about the play that is going to net you the most EV in the long run.

I recommed it for those who are concerned about their graphs appeareance like me.
    • Macqas
      Macqas
      Silver
      Week 2

Hands: 8328
      Week 1 BR: $147.14
      Profit: +$16.14
      Week 2 BR: $163.28

In the past few days I've become more corcerned about the impact the errors I make have on my bankroll. That have motivated me to focus on improving my game plan through the different spots that will come up while playing.
    • Macqas
      Macqas
      Silver
      Week 3

Hands: 5178
      Week 2 BR: $163.28
      Profit: +$4.66
      Week 3 BR: $167.94

I'll stop playing for now, will have a few days off the routine and be back next week.
    • vonki
      vonki
      Coach
      Coach
      I wish you all the best with your challenge, count me in! :f_thumbsup:
    • Macqas
      Macqas
      Silver
      Week 4

Hands: 3954
      Week 3 BR: $167.94
      Profit: +$2.77
      Week 4 BR: $170.71
    • Macqas
      Macqas
      Silver
      Week 5

Hands: 10504
      Week 4 BR: $170.71
      Profit: +$64.32
      Week 5 BR: $235.03
    • vonki
      vonki
      Coach
      Coach
      Sweet week! Nice boost to the BR :)
    • Macqas
      Macqas
      Silver
      Originally posted by vonki
      Sweet week! Nice boost to the BR :)
      Thanks. Last week I moved up to 5 NL and It went awesome at times but at the same time bad, specially during the weekend when I lost 6 BI on saturday only. Now, even though my br is large enough to grind at 5 NL, I've moved down to 2 NL again to strengthen my confiedence.
    • vonki
      vonki
      Coach
      Coach
      Sounds like a good plan yeah! Don't miss out that I have a promo running right now, check the thread in my signature for more info. Might help you move back to NL5! :)
    • Tinsley15
      Tinsley15
      Bronze
      holy shit man, Urugay! how them beaches look like down there?

and GL btw :f_cool:
    • Macqas
      Macqas
      Silver
      Hi Tinsley,

Originally posted by Tinsley15
      holy shit man, Urugay! how them beaches look like down there?

and GL btw :f_cool:
      Thank you for your comment.

It is summer time here, and beaches are one of the greatest attractions that every year make possible that lots of tourists reaches our country. If you ever are able to visit south America, I recommend you to visit Uruguay. :)
    • Macqas
      Macqas
      Silver
      It feels good to catch another regular trying to bluff you to make you fold.

Poker Stars, $0.02/$0.05 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 6 Players
      Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite.

Hero (SB): $5.62 (112.4 bb)
      BB: $4.54 (90.8 bb)
      UTG: $11.08 (221.6 bb)
      MP: $5.87 (117.4 bb)
      CO: $4.28 (85.6 bb)
      BTN: $7.60 (152 bb)

Preflop: Hero is SB with A:club: 4:club:
      UTG folds, MP raises to $0.15, 2 folds, Hero raises to $0.50, BB folds, MP calls $0.35

Flop: ($1.05) 4:spade: K:diamond: 7:spade: (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.50, MP calls $0.50

Turn: ($2.05) A:spade: (2 players)
      Hero checks, MP bets $1.22, Hero calls $1.22

River: ($4.49) J:diamond: (2 players)
      Hero checks, MP bets $3.65, Hero calls $3.40

Results:
      $11.29 pot ($0.47 rake)
      Final Board: 4:spade: K:diamond: 7:spade: A:spade: J:diamond:
      Hero showed A:club: 4:club: and won $10.82 ($5.20 net)
      MP showed T:diamond: 9:diamond: and lost (-$5.62 net)