Elephant veeery slow

• 14 replies
    • 6Wishmaster6
      6Wishmaster6
      Black
      Give us some infos about how many hands you have in your DB and what a system you use?

Laptop`?
      CPU?
      RAM?
      WinXP/Vista?
    • wazaari
      wazaari
      Bronze
      I have windwos XP...
      I have more ore less 100K hands in main database but i have 4 databases

I have problems at starting elephant (5 min needed...) and when i open tables elephant freezes sometimes
    • Kruppe
      Kruppe
      Black
      similar problem here. ftp and XP, under 100k hands, one db. it becomes unplayable if i open 8 tables, 4 is OK, 6 might be ok.
    • TheLastNail
      TheLastNail
      Black
      the same problem.. it is sometimes sooo slow, that the statistics are sth like 10minutes behind actual.. (by checking the amount of hands..)

i have only laptop pent 4 2,8GHz ,512MB SDRAM .. but also only 1 database with less than 50 000h ..

having 6 tables is the most i can manage as well.. and st. i even get timeouted bcs. of it :) which sucks, but on the other hand, we re here to support elephant and pokerstrategy, and i dont want to pay for pokertracker, ace, at least for now..

hope the next update will try to deal with this..
    • zivkoleo
      zivkoleo
      Bronze
      I have the same problem, elephant is running slow.
    • TheLastNail
      TheLastNail
      Black
      Wow... i have changed my opinion now.. the freezing of Elephant has cost me so much money.. (like folded trips on sitout couple of times) or AA, KK even preflop... and i get so nervous bcs of this, that I am bound to steam a bit afterwards.. couple of days ago I lost this way 300 euros a day. It really sucks, and I have to tell everyone:) .. i definitely need to buy tracker and ace, but I dont know where is the best prize to get it.

elephant uses sooo much memory, my notebook's 512MB cannot handle it at all..
    • brundoo
      brundoo
      Bronze
      Imagine playing SSS and getting reraised preflop with AA/KK and just about clicking all in your computer freezes. that happend to me like 15 times and it TILTS me like hell.
    • kubav
      kubav
      Bronze
      I newly installed elephant 67 and now got about 1k hands in database. Elephant just freeze in 5-10 minutes after launching. I got xp, amd 64 2800+,1GB ram..
      Recently i reinstalled xp and formatted main hdd, but i can't make elephant runnin more than 30-45 minutes .. it freeze and i got to kill it with task manager and run again..
      Any idea? :) thanks
    • kubav
      kubav
      Bronze
      I switched to expert mode and no more crashes... maybe its because of too much text displaying.... :rolleyes:
    • TheBrood
      TheBrood
      Bronze
      I cant wait for expert mode then.
    • 6Wishmaster6
      6Wishmaster6
      Black
      Hm 512 mb RAM is really a problem with the actual version of the elephant. Guess you should better have like 2gb...

On laptops there will be even more problems since most laptop harddisks run much slower with db querries then those of desktop pc´s.

We are working on optimizing the speed though, hopefully we are able to provide a new version with optimization in about 3-4 weeks.
    • TheBrood
      TheBrood
      Bronze
      I have 2GB Ram, Core 2 Duo, only like 46k hands and it still takes a long time to start up Elephant, like 4-5 mins. Hopefully it will get better.
    • CoreySteel
      CoreySteel
      Bronze
      Yeah, 5 minutes for startup but it works fine after that for me... So no worries from my side :)
    • 6Wishmaster6
      6Wishmaster6
      Black
      we´ll do what we can. Hopefully it will imrpove overall performance.