PostgreSQL and initdb.exe

• DeKuip
      DeKuip
      Bronze
      Because Elephant kept crashing and crashing, I decided to reïnstall everything.
      That was the most stupid thing I could do apparently...

I can't install PostgreSQL anymore, it gives the following error after I exactly followed all the steps:

Now it tells me to execute that initdb.exe, but when I do that nothing happens really. There is this small black screen popping up, but shutting down within a split second again.

And if I ignore that error message and let it install postgreSQL, it gives the same error alot of people get:

Now I've been following all the steps etc., but still things aren't going right...

Could somebody please help me out?
  • 3 replies
    • 6Wishmaster6
      6Wishmaster6
      Black
      I am not a postgre Install master, but... is the system drive you like to install postgreSQL ot an NTFS Partition?

I thought no one uses fat32 partitions any more ;P

Anyway i would suggest you make again a complete deinstall according to the deinstall manual. Then just let the elphant do the automatic installation of postgreSQL.

I assmue the most important part now is it, to make a COMPLETE deinstall of all remeinaing components of postgreSQl.
    • Harold1
      Harold1
      Global
      One thing, you have to go to the C: drive and manually remove that file you'll find there.
      easy to do.
      I'm having problems to and that was one I fixed by going to computer click on C drive and delete that pstq file before downloading again.

Sorry u may have to remove that first then try dnloading again?
    • CSB4Design
      CSB4Design
      Bronze
      I had major problems installing Postgre but here's what i did. Word of warning, back up your database first or say good bye to hours of play!!!!

I uninstalled everything, elephant and postgre.

I then went into my control panel/administrative tools/computer management.

Click on "Local Users and Groups" and delete all postgre usernames you have created.

Now go to Postgre.com and download the windows version of the software and install using default values.

No reinstall Elephant using username and password you created with postgre.

Job done!!!

Long winded yes, working Yes