[NL2-NL10] NL10 c/f all the way or do i have FE?

• Jaime001254
      Jaime001254
      Bronze
      Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      Hero:
      $2.20
      BB:
      $6.15
      CO:
      $21.10

0.05/0.1 No-Limit Hold'em (8 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.65 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is SB with Q:spade: , Q:diamond:
      UTG2 calls $0.10, 3 folds, CO calls $0.10, BU folds, Hero raises to $0.60, BB calls $0.50, UTG2 folds, CO calls $0.50.

Flop: ($1.90) 3:diamond: , 6:diamond: , A:spade: (3 players)
      Hero checks, BB checks, CO checks.

Turn: ($1.90) 7:heart: (3 players)
      Hero bets $1.60 (All-In), 2 folds, Hero gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $1.90

what do you do when you have a big PP, flop comes 3-way with an A, and its checked?
      i know i cant make Ax fold here
  • 5 replies
    • burek2000
      burek2000
      Bronze
      Easy c/f all the way in a multiway pot. The possibility one of two opponents holds Ax is enormous on low limits. Just continue with made hands otherwise you'll lose money in the long term imo.
    • Gerv
      Gerv
      Bronze
      Hello Jaime001254,

Easy c/f all the way in a multiway pot. The possibility one of two opponents holds Ax is enormous on low limits. Just continue with made hands otherwise you'll lose money in the long term imo.
      A check on the flop doesnt mean anything on micro's + and loose opponents so a push here would be High variance and could be a source of losing money in the long term.

With SSS you should know when your Queens/Kings aren't good anymore thus I check/fold all the way

Best regards,
      Gerv
    • Nunki
      Nunki
      Bronze
      Originally posted by burek2000
      The possibility one of two opponents holds Ax is enormous on low limits.
      Not so here.

Assume the CO raises the top 15% of hands and limp-calls the next 63% of hands. The chances of CO having Ax is then about 12% or 8% depending upon whether the BB has an ace.

Assume the BB calls with 1/3 of all hands including all Ax in which case he has about 39% chance of holding an ace.

P{someone has an ace}=46% != enormous => ch/folding should not be undertaken lightly.

Since the CO looks well capable of bluffing I like the line taken here. Perhaps you could even check the turn as well. I appreciate that this is not SSS according to the script but it can get us value for our cards.
    • matt1234
      matt1234
      Bronze
      In reply to A prob post:

46% prob someone has an A you say. If no ace then opponents fold. 54% of time you bet all-in and win some dead money. 46% of time you lose entire stack. C/f all the way down and you may win pot anyway. May be able to call donk bluff on river but nothing more.
    • burek2000
      burek2000
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Nunki
      Originally posted by burek2000
      The possibility one of two opponents holds Ax is enormous on low limits.
      Not so here.

Assume the CO raises the top 15% of hands and limp-calls the next 63% of hands. The chances of CO having Ax is then about 12% or 8% depending upon whether the BB has an ace.

Assume the BB calls with 1/3 of all hands including all Ax in which case he has about 39% chance of holding an ace.

P{someone has an ace}=46% != enormous => ch/folding should not be undertaken lightly.

Since the CO looks well capable of bluffing I like the line taken here. Perhaps you could even check the turn as well. I appreciate that this is not SSS according to the script but it can get us value for our cards.
      I do think 46%~almost 50% is indeed enormous, specially if we consider we would be pushing 50% of the time our hand into better one with only 2 outs to improve, but on the other side we could take the pot down when we held the best hand anyway if we checked all the way.