• jenoc
      jenoc
      Bronze
      SB:
      $2.80
      Hero:
      $1.85

0.05/0.1 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy Elephant 0.65 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BB with T:heart: , K:heart:
      7 folds, SB calls $0.05, Hero checks.

Flop: ($0.20) 9:club: , J:spade: , J:club: (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero checks.

Turn: ($0.20) Q:club: (2 players)
      SB bets $0.50, Hero raises to $1.75 (All-In), SB calls $1.25.

River: ($3.70) 3:spade: (2 players)

Final Pot: $3.70

I stick to basic SSS, don't like to bet preflop on SB completer's, many times they try to limp-trap shortstacks (this villain had 28BB, but wasn't a typical SSS'er), or in case of call sometimes I get myself in to marginal situations.
      Should I bet flop after he checks?, what about turn?
  • 5 replies
    • Fongie
      Fongie
      Bronze
      I usually bet flop in this situation (complete pfr check flop to me), but I think this play is just fine aswell.
    • burek2000
      burek2000
      Bronze
      Nh for a basic play.

I would bet 4BB preflop to such a SB opencompleter if I had a hand like KTs. If I had a random hand then I would check preflop and bet 1,5BB on the flop after the check(and fold against any resistance without a made hand).
    • jenoc
      jenoc
      Bronze
      Burek2000, how do you act if the SB completer reraises your 4BB bet? Fold? And what to do if he call's? Play only when hit the flop? Previously I was betting on SB completers too, but as I said, this brought me in marginal situations IMHO to many times, and Iwas loosing money, so at least temporarily I decaided to stick to basics and raise only SHC hands.

Jenoc
    • IngolPoker
      IngolPoker
      Black
      if you dont know how to continue when getting action on your raise a check is perfectly fine and the hand well played
    • burek2000
      burek2000
      Bronze
      Originally posted by jenoc
      Burek2000, how do you act if the SB completer reraises your 4BB bet? Fold? And what to do if he call's? Play only when hit the flop? Previously I was betting on SB completers too, but as I said, this brought me in marginal situations IMHO to many times, and Iwas loosing money, so at least temporarily I decaided to stick to basics and raise only SHC hands.

Jenoc
      If the villain would reraise me preflop I would fold my KTs and make a note. If he did this more often I would go broke.

If he calls, then I c-bet normally the flop and play dependent on the particular situation if he shows action.