Who needs a coaching?

• Flows
      Flows
      Bronze
      Hi,
      I'd like to coach one (or maybe two) of you in playing SNGs.
      My intention is the following: I'd like to improve my English because I don't have to say a word in english in my everyday life.
      So there are two things that qualify you:
      1) you play SNGs.
      2) you speak English as your first language!!

About me: I'm playing online-poker for more than 2.5 years. I started with fixed limit, tried no limit cashgame and ended up playing SNGs. Currently I'm playing $27 and $38 single-table turbos at pokerstars.
      But I think I'm only able to coach sngs. ;)
      edit: I'm German -> so please NO german answers ;)

So, if you are interested post your answer in this thread or write me a pm via the new community system.
      Where are you from?
      At which site do you play?
      Which buy-ins do you play normally?

(the buy-in has no effect on my decision! So to me, it doesn't matter if you play 3$ or 11$ SNGs!!!)

If you have any questions, feel free to ask!
      Flows
  • 20 replies
    • Deltathree
      Deltathree
      Bronze
      Hey! I love S&G's and i'm very interested since i'm not really a good player atm.

Problem is that english isn't my native language, but I'm really good. Us Belgians are quite the linguists I think.

So I don't really know if that qualifies, but i tough i'd reply anyway =)
    • Duane317
      Duane317
      Bronze
      I'm interested, but my English isn't that good. I want to watch the coaching session though, if it's possible. I play at pokerstars, NL50 SSS at the moment. I've been switching from NL SSS to BSS, FL, Omaha and SnGs. However, until now I still don't know where I'm good at. So yeah... I'll try SnGs again. :D
    • chenny8888
      chenny8888
      Bronze
      Hey Flows can you post a quick video of you playing? I can then recommend you to people at my (english!) coachings.

your username at stars is fine too, then i can see roi and stuff.
    • Flows
      Flows
      Bronze
      Hi,
      @chenny8888: can you name me a free software to record the screen? Honestly, I don't really want to tell my screenname in public. :) But sharkscope and some other pages have locked my screenname anyway! ;)

@Duane317: you should concentrate on one version at first. that's easier!
      @Deltathree: sounds good! what's youre regular BI?

I think the pm-system works only for friends, is there an option to accept all messages? For now, you should give me a way to contact you (skype, email, icq, ...).
    • mikeymac12
      mikeymac12
      Bronze
      I wouldn't mind.
      I only play 1$ SNG atm though...pretty low, gotta start somewhere
    • Atoks
      Atoks
      Bronze
      I'd also like to be considered for this coaching. I've had experience with similar attempts before in regards with NL SH but have moved to SnG 2months back and am now a regular on 11$ SnGs on the Ongame network. More in the PM ... :)
    • Flows
      Flows
      Bronze
      @mikeymac12: As I said, the limit doesn't matter to me. But some more information would be nice! you can send me a pm with your skype name!
    • Flows
      Flows
      Bronze
      hey guys, it's still possible to get a SNG-coaching! As I said before the limit doesn't matter. The only thing I expect is that you read and understood most of the articles. My English isn't too horrible so you will be able to understand me! :)
    • justkyle88
      justkyle88
      Bronze
      Hi Flows.
      This sounds like a good idea.
      Good to see someone willing to help people.

I started playing No-limit cash games and then made the switch to SnG's about a month ago.
      I have a blog on this site.
      You can find it in my signature at the bottom of this post.
      I'm from Newcastle/Australia.
      Play all my SnG's on Mansion and at the moment I'm playing $5 SnG's with a bankroll of approx $680.
      But the SnG's are really $8 because of the conversion rate.

I'm not really new to poker but never really got in-depth with everything until I found Pokerstrategy.
      I think I'm finally ready for a coach.
      If we start making million's I'll give you a cut :)
    • Flows
      Flows
      Bronze
      Hi,
      sounds good! don't forget I'm also helping me, coaching others in english ;)
      I added you as a friend in the community.

@all: i will coach atoks and justjyle88 to see if I'm able to coach and to see if it's fun. So maybe after that a few more of you will get the chance to receive a coaching!
    • justkyle88
      justkyle88
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Flows
      Hi,
      sounds good! don't forget I'm also helping me, coaching others in english ;)
      I added you as a friend in the community.

@all: i will coach atoks and justjyle88 to see if I'm able to coach and to see if it's fun. So maybe after that a few more of you will get the chance to receive a coaching!
      Thanks.
      I'll talk to you over the community now.
    • gavinonymous
      gavinonymous
      Bronze
      Hi Flows,

Really nice of you to offer this, I hope it goes well.

If you find success coaching and want to continue, I'm a native English speaker and a dedicated Sng player who would really benefit from some guidance. I'll also be glad to help with your English :)
    • dadude77
      dadude77
      Bronze
      I'm quite interested, I've been playing SnG's the last few weeks, read the articles and such. Native english speaker! Lived abroad, so used to not perfect english and would love to help! :)

Fairly new to poker, but quite enthusiastic!!
    • chenny8888
      chenny8888
      Bronze
      Hi Flows,

Camtasia is free and easy to use
    • z4tz
      z4tz
      Bronze
      Sounds interesting. Dont speak english as native language but my studies are all-english so i spend 5-10 hours with english at least each day and many people that talk to me think im from england.

Playing 5$SnGs at Titanpoker atm and trying to evolve even more so would be fun and interesting to talk more to you and so on. Send me a wisp or just write in here.
    • Flows
      Flows
      Bronze
      Hi

The first coaching is finished and in my opinion it was pretty successfull. :)

I have to admit, that it will be difficult to coach all of you, so maybe we could start some kind of coaching group? Therefor we would need some more "coaches". So if you are willing to help others just answer this thread.

I'll try to work trough the list of players, but two candidates at once are enough I think. So who is next?
      you need a microphone by the way!
      gavinonymous or dadude77 will be next (just send me a pm).
      @z4tz: as I said I cannot coach everyone, but you'd be next in the list after those two!

edit: @chenny: camtasia is not for free... ?(
    • Calron
      Calron
      Bronze
      Try CamStudio. http://camstudio.org/
      Unfortunately for me I don't play SnGs but thank you for offering this service to the public.
    • miskokvo
      miskokvo
      Bronze
      nice idea...

but can i have some opinion?

it will be pretty nice if somebody record this coaching with sound and upload it somewhere (youtube etc.) and post here links

coz i love to watch any poker vids.. especialy sng

and you can teach everybody that way :)

but of course you giving your know how for free :) :(
    • dadude77
      dadude77
      Bronze
      Thanks alot Flows! he sweated me the other day through 2 $1 Sit and Go's, commenting and let me know some leaks and such. For a new player I would highly recommend it. He was patient and explained the final stages of the sit and go to someone who was completely clueless at the beginning, giving good information about bubble and HU play!

It has already affected my game in the last 2 days. I know the sample size is small, but since then I've played 22 Sng, usually 4 at a time. And have 7 1sts, 3 2nds, 2 3rds and 10 busts. Which is not too shabby :) , might be an upswing, but still I feel alot more confident, and I believe this success will continue :) ..

So thank you very much Flo! I appreciate it!!

good luck on the tables all.