The €10k Challenge

• Jorrdi
      Jorrdi
      Bronze
      Hi everyone,

Since my blog was removed few days ago will keep this one as poker journal. The challenge is 75E-10kE without using advanced strategies following NoBS 6-max.

Day 1,2 and 3

Bankroll stands at 99,40E

GL HF!
  • 16 replies
    • Jorrdi
      Jorrdi
      Bronze
      Week 1

It took me one week to finish the first 10k hands. Feel ashamed of that and will increase volume starting from today.

Current BR:

Goal for next week: 20k hands!!!
    • Jorrdi
      Jorrdi
      Bronze
      Week 2

13 days of play so far and volume still sucks!! :) Going in to some serious grind and targeting 50h of play per week. This is the only way to go throw the micro as fastest and progress in the program.

Bankrol is 160E. And these are my current results.

It's going to be a long week :)

GL & HF!!!
    • NietzscheF
      NietzscheF
      Bronze
      Doing well :)
    • Jorrdi
      Jorrdi
      Bronze
      Originally posted by NietzscheF
      Doing well :)
      Thanks m8 :)

Week 3 Review

It was not bad week for me. Volume was okaish, but it could be much better. Bad thing is I got wrecked last two days on NL4, hit stop loss yesterday and that caused break even week.

How I did with my goals:

-50h of play. 35h/50h
      -Pass the second 10k hands with at least 99% score. 99.3%
      -Post daily homework: 50 uhlvar hands, and 3 hands in the forum. 6/7
      -Play 6 tables during session and get comfortable. 7/7

Overall Graph and stats

Weekly goals

-Main goal: 50h of play
      -Sub goal #1: Go through all videos in the modules and take more notes.
      -Sub goal #2: Go through “Tilt free today” one more time.
      -Sub goal #3: Work on basic poker math.
    • Jorrdi
      Jorrdi
      Bronze
      Week 4 review

This week managed to play only 4 days, which was only 30h of my weekly goal of 50h. Watched one more time all vids from the modules and took notes. Results are still bad, but this week will try harder and put the 10-15h per day.

Goals for next week:

Main goal: 50h of play.
      Sub goal #1: Beat NL4 with 5bb.
      Sub goal #2: Start using “Qutting” 2 times per day.
      Sub goal #3: 1h Uhlvar training per day.
    • Jorrdi
      Jorrdi
      Bronze
      Week 5 review

Another bad week in terms of results. I think I have a serious tilt issues playing 10h + sessions, despite reading “Tilt free today” 2 times already. I still can’t manage to apply the things that Gordon teaches in practice properly. Will keep trying harder.

I am part of the program 1 month already and really feeling great about the new things I am learning every day. I will need more time to get used to it, but only playing more and more will make it happen.

This week results:

Overall results:

Goals for next week:

Main goal: 10h of play per day
      Sub goal #1: 50 hands per day Uhlvar flop equity training
      Sub goal #2: 50 hands per day Uhlvar turn equity training
      Sub goal #3: Watch one vid per day + taking notes
    • kratzlos
      kratzlos
      Bronze
      Hi Jorrdi,

keep it up with the grind!! 10h+ per day is really really tough :/ how do you split up your day if you play so much ?

I just bought the NoBS 6max book too. Do you think it is very important to buy and watch the videos as well?
      I played a session on zoom yesterday - i don't think the strategy works very well on zoom.. Do you play normal 6max tables?

Wish I had as much discipline as you for grinding so much:f_rolleyes:
    • Jorrdi
      Jorrdi
      Bronze
      @kratzlos

I think 10h+ per day is kind of extreme, but so far I do it only because I take 2 days of poker per week. If you want to grind out those micro stakes 10h should be nothing to you. And after moving to mid stakes +, 70h should be considered as an average week. Thats what I'v been told.

The videos are helpful. I did buy them also before joining the program and tried them out on Zoom. I think the strategy works better there than regular tables only because the games are much more tight and you can steal really wide from BTN and SB. I play regular tables only, because Fast tables doesn't allow HM2 on the site that I play.

Wish u GL at the tables :)
    • Jorrdi
      Jorrdi
      Bronze
      Week 6 review

Another week without reaching my goal of 10h per day. Got sick yesterday and haven’t played 2 days already.. fkcn hate winter. It was not bad week only thing to do…push harder next one.

This week graph:

Overall graph:

• Jorrdi
      Jorrdi
      Bronze
      Week 7 and 8 review

Last week took only one day off, overall happy with the volume. Aiming 8h per day for next week. My game is getting better, going through the vids and taking notes is helping me a lot, but need to work more with Uhlvar especially flop equitys is kinda hard for me.

So far I have 68k hands on NL2 so need to grind 22k hands more to move to NL4 and hopefully never go back.

Last week graph:

Overall results:

Hands played: 98k
      Current profit: 196E + rakeback
    • Jorrdi
      Jorrdi
      Bronze
      Week 8 overview

Starting to put more hours, 6.5h on average per day and things are going the right way, but still hard to maintain 10h day. Only 10k hands left to play on NL2 so probably tomorrow moving to NL4.

This week results:

Overall results

Hands played: 119k
      Current profit: 231E + rakeback
    • Jorrdi
      Jorrdi
      Bronze
      Week 9&10

I’v been lazy fck last week and played only 4 days and study 0. At least had decent results.

Main goal for March: 310h of play.
      Sub goal: Move to NL10.

Total hands played: 156k
      Current profit: 324/10000
    • Jorrdi
      Jorrdi
      Bronze
      Week 11

Another good week in terms of results, but missing the good volume. Still aiming for 310h of play for this month so will push as hard as I can. Getting used to 8 tabling, which should help me move to NL10 faster.

Total number of hands played: 175k
      Current profit: 384/10000
    • Jorrdi
      Jorrdi
      Bronze
      Week 12

Overall not bad week, playing good and running good. Still I am having trouble playing 8+ tables, thats why can’t put more than 20k hands per week. This is the main thing I would be working on this week.

Overall hands played: 188k
      Current profit: 485/10000
    • Jorrdi
      Jorrdi
      Bronze
      Week 12

At the end of this week I finally moved to NL10, overall playing best as possible applying everything I’v learned so far and things are going great. Most important think which I’v realized is how important is to put in the hours.

Also took one of the freerolls on Microgaming organized by VIp grinders, so feeling really good about it.

Overall hands played: 227k
      Current profit: 676/10000
    • Jorrdi
      Jorrdi
      Bronze
      March started really good for me, but last week and a half almost didn’t played so couldn’t reach my goal for hours and hands, but still ok profit.

Also haven’t practicing with uhlvar for a while now and also skip studying last week or so, only in the coaching sessions.

My goal for April will be the same as last month, lets see If i achieve it. Also planning to apply for intermediate next week, feel like I am ready.

This month graph:

Overall results on NL2, NL4 and NL10:

Hands played: 227689
      Current profit: 784/10000