Who of you are programmers and poker players? :)

• SPeedFANat1c
      SPeedFANat1c
      Gold
      I was always interested in those people. And saw this thread Spin and Go 'variance' Simulation
      and came to the head to create thread where programmers are introducing themselves :)

Especially some people believe that programming and playing poker do not fit each other, cause in both there we are spending time near computer. Of course I believe that its not healthy, but it is how it is. Trying to make it as healthy as possible.
      And also best programmers are those who spend on programming 16 hours a day. So with poker you do not have even time. But I am not saying I am best programmer and I accept that I will not be best that way, I try to be good enough and learn bit by bit something new.

So please say some things like:
      - are you full time programmers
      - are you full time poker players and programming is a hobby (probably this does not exist :D )
      - maybe are you part time programmers and the rest earning with poker
      - are you freelancer programmer
      - what are your main technologies
      - what limits do you play
      - how much hours per week do you spend on poker playing and studying and how much you spend on programming (including studying)
      - maybe anything else you have to add

Also I tried to get into poker my programmers friends, and since they are smart, they could do good in poker. But they just say to me - when I came back from poker break - you are again into that addiction :D and also they say stop playing games. Better find some other hobby without computer. Maybe I will show to them this thread then :)
  • 2 replies
    • Volrath89
      Volrath89
      Bronze
      I am!

- You are right about time spent in front on the computer. I spend way too much time in front of it right now, but it's all with the hope of reaching the age of 30 being financially free. I hope after that, I only spend time travelling and loving...
      - I'm kinda full time programmer. I run an e-commerce startup of 3 (our family/friends help sporadically too, but we are only 3 full time) so I do have to do a lot of stuff! Not only programming but also database design, management, sales, even deliveries, so I don't really know what "full time title" should I have hehe...
      - poker is my way to not being totally broke.
      - My main technologies... front end (so, html, javascript, razor, etc); but our backend is in .NET and I mess sometimes with it too. I also spend a lot of time in MS SQL Server.
      - NL5 to NL25
      - I used to play at least 10+ hours per week from September to November. This month I haven't played that much! (been programming a lot)
      - The rest of my free time is spent on the startup, and that includes programming too.
    • SPeedFANat1c
      SPeedFANat1c
      Gold
      - poker is my way to not being totally broke.
      that is intereting :) for many players - the programming is the way to not be broke :)