[Application] CG player wanting to move into Small-Mid + Reds MTTs

• fusionpk
      fusionpk
      Bronze
      I have read and accepted the staking rules. By posting in this thread, every member acknowledges the same.

Link to my staking feedback thread

Ryan Hutchinson / Fusionpk Staking Application

Name: Ryan Hutchinson / Alias’: fusionpk & ownagesbot
      Email address: Please add me and PM me through the community tool first as per the PokerStrategy rules.
      Poker site usernames (please search Scheduled if looking for results): ownagesbot (PS) lol_idiet (MG) 10binary01 (PS.fr) Many others names on sites that I don’t use. (I had many names/sites/rb deals back when I bumhunted HU)
      Skype name: Please add me and PM me through the community tool first as per the PokerStrategy rules.

Why I want to be backed:
      I currently have a roll that enables me to play small stakes MTT’s, however recently I have been taking shots at midstakes MTT’s and would like to make the step up. My roll can’t realistically take the swings of midstakes MTT’s and therefore it is only wise to seek backing. If I don’t manage to obtain backing then I will continue grinding micro/small MTT’s, taking shots every now and again until my bankroll is big enough to make the move myself. My bankroll is also likely to become smaller as I do intend on withdrawing some of the funds to spend over the festive period. Whilst I have a good grasp for MTT play, the majority of hands I have played over the last 5 years have been in cash games. With this in mind I am excited to join a stable of players playing in similar games, sharing knowledge, discussing strategy and reviewing hand histories.

Previous results:
      As I mentioned previously, the majority of my poker volume has been at CG. I have probably played ~1.5m hands in total or so and made a solid 5 figures over my time playing. I don’t claim to be the greatest player in the world, but I believe I have a solid game/foundations that can be developed and improved. I have played many hours live as well as online. I am in profit at CG aswell as MTT’s. I have also played and taken down many local live MTT’s. (All <1k prizes, just your usual local £30+5 MTT’s). I feel like my experiences over the last 5 years have enabled me to develop a general, solid all round game. I have played the majority of my volume at 6max and HU. Switching between the two at different points in my career. I played semi-pro/pro for a short while, have been to Denmark for coaching with a mid-high stakes CG player and been backed numerous times. (From selling pieces, to a deal that I was involved with for probably 2 years). My motivation for switching to MTT’s is purely to do with game selection. I truly believe MTT’s are the softest games online at the moment. I found with cash games, particularly at 100 and 200 there was no room for taking breaks, the players are all solid and the game was developing every day. My main limits were NL50-200$/€ (played both higher and lower) with 50 being my bread and butter limit. Below is an 800k ish sample of my cash game journey. (Not all hands but the majority, from 20-200). I have samples on euro sites/PS.fr that I can’t get the histories for any longer (either no HUD support or in the case of PS.fr, no longer support for my UK account). I also cashed the SCOOP €1xx 6max placing 26th for ~€1k on PS.fr.
      I think the below sample is also not quite representative of my true WR, you only have to look at the graph to see that the first 200k hands I was a break-even player which obviously had a big impact on my overall WR in the sample.

In terms of more recent results and MTT’s, these are my recent cashes:
      $2,911 - $10+1 Daily Double 5/6957
      €1000 (approx) - €1xx SCOOP 6max 26/1k(ish) (Excluded in graph)
      $977 - $15+1.5 6max F/O 1/301
      $898 - $30+3R $33 Cubed 6max 1/52
      $717 - $30+3 Deep Stack 1/100
      €578 - €20+2 Microgaming F/O 1/100
      $577 - $2R 2 rebuy 4/1489

Many close results recently too, significant number of 6-20th places recently, quite a few disappointing final tables / ft bubbles, but many opportunities to develop into something. A noteable Sunday Million cash aswell. $308 283/5686, losing AI for CL AKvsAQ. Below is my sharkscope graph:

References:
      I have been backed by numerous people on PokerStrategy.com, should all be documented on here somewhere.
      I have had many dealings with a pokerstrategy member (he played 400-1k mainly) we have enjoyed making profit from a couple of long term deals, probably spent a good 2 years together with staking/coaching. I also flew to Denmark and stayed for 10 days to meet him in person. I had an intensive week of coaching / playing. I have also had a personal loan from the same person which I paid back on time, with interest. He should be able to vouch for my honesty, integrity and general approach. He should also be able to validate (not all but a good portion) of the results I have displayed here. I can provide contact information if required. (Upon his approval).
      I can probably pull up old staking threads too if you would like to see the results/approach I took.

Games / buyins:
      I would like to play solely scheduled. I don’t think I would have a particularly big edge (if any) at 180’s etc. I would like to play buyins up to <=$55 with the exception of ‘reds’ where I would like to be able to play up to $215 (so just the BIGs, Saturday 6 max, SM etc. etc.). It would also be nice to play cubed tournaments up to $33. I took a 33 cubed down last month and came 2nd in an $11 cubed I feel like they are good ‘filler’ games as they typically get 50-100 runners.
      I want to move up to these limits on a regular basis, rather than taking shots as I am at the moment. I understand I still have a lot to learn in terms of MTT’s but believe the field is soft enough and my edge is big enough to make a good return. I am also realistic; it is pointless me playing reg filled turbos etc. as edges are already smaller, variance is higher and there are people that know ICM/pushfold inside out. I know my strengths and my weaknesses. My strengths are in the longer, deeper, better structured MTT’s where I can gain an edge from playing postflop, conserving my stack and picking good spots. That being said, I do enjoy playing the $5.10 hyper turbo!

I think overall I have a realistic opinion of my own skill level, I know which games I have an edge in and which games I am a fish. I think I am capable of selecting the best value for money tournaments, with a reasonable level of variance. I don’t claim to be the world’s best player, but I have a solid (not exceptional by any means) track record. I have played in some tough games and held my own. I have proven that I can close out tournaments as well as run deep in majors.

Games per month:
      I am a little unsure as to what this number would be. I typically play 8-12 tables. I can play more but 8-12 I feel in the zone. I do work fulltime so I would not be a fulltime player. That being said I am more than willing to be in a longterm deal if it offered flexibility in terms of playing hours. It is possible that there will be weeks where I play every day and weeks where I play just one or two. I would aim (for the foreseeable) to be playing 3 evenings a week and one full day either Saturday or Sunday. It is noteworthy that on a Thursday I finish at 2pm and therefore can start my session much earlier. There will be times that I will be able to play both days at the weekend, times where I will play 1 full day and 1 evening and times where I will just play one day. My aim would to be to hit the above average, 3/5week days (Thurs longer session) and 1/2 weekend days. Where the above would be an average, allowing me to play less one week and more another. I would rather be straight up and honest from the get go so that you know exactly what to expect from me and vice versa. I am extremely motivated, but some weeks I will have more time than others. Obviously if I get a deal, I will intentionally manage my time/schedule poker into my calendar to make sure I can still hit reasonable volume.

References are available upon request. I have been staked multiple times, the majority profitable and with no issues. I had one stake 4-5 years ago that ended on bad terms, I am more than willing to disclose all details on this if necessary.

I know my results don't directly relate to the games I want to play, but I do feel the games are extremely soft and that I have a good edge. I am also committed to developing my game and will work as hard as possible to maximize our profits. If I don't manage to get a deal I will just continue playing small stakes on my own roll.

I am willing to negotiate and also willing to keep a blog/rail. I have a good mindset and would like to approach the stake like one would with any other business investment/venture.
  • 1 reply
    • SDK1987
      SDK1987
      Originally posted by fusionpk
      I have read and accepted the staking rules. By posting in this thread, every member acknowledges the same.

Link to my staking feedback thread

Ryan Hutchinson / Fusionpk Staking Application

Name: Ryan Hutchinson / Alias’: fusionpk & ownagesbot
      Email address: Please add me and PM me through the community tool first as per the PokerStrategy rules.
      Poker site usernames (please search Scheduled if looking for results): ownagesbot (PS) lol_idiet (MG) 10binary01 (PS.fr) Many others names on sites that I don’t use. (I had many names/sites/rb deals back when I bumhunted HU)
      Skype name: Please add me and PM me through the community tool first as per the PokerStrategy rules.

Why I want to be backed:
      I currently have a roll that enables me to play small stakes MTT’s, however recently I have been taking shots at midstakes MTT’s and would like to make the step up. My roll can’t realistically take the swings of midstakes MTT’s and therefore it is only wise to seek backing. If I don’t manage to obtain backing then I will continue grinding micro/small MTT’s, taking shots every now and again until my bankroll is big enough to make the move myself. My bankroll is also likely to become smaller as I do intend on withdrawing some of the funds to spend over the festive period. Whilst I have a good grasp for MTT play, the majority of hands I have played over the last 5 years have been in cash games. With this in mind I am excited to join a stable of players playing in similar games, sharing knowledge, discussing strategy and reviewing hand histories.

Previous results:
      As I mentioned previously, the majority of my poker volume has been at CG. I have probably played ~1.5m hands in total or so and made a solid 5 figures over my time playing. I don’t claim to be the greatest player in the world, but I believe I have a solid game/foundations that can be developed and improved. I have played many hours live as well as online. I am in profit at CG aswell as MTT’s. I have also played and taken down many local live MTT’s. (All <1k prizes, just your usual local £30+5 MTT’s). I feel like my experiences over the last 5 years have enabled me to develop a general, solid all round game. I have played the majority of my volume at 6max and HU. Switching between the two at different points in my career. I played semi-pro/pro for a short while, have been to Denmark for coaching with a mid-high stakes CG player and been backed numerous times. (From selling pieces, to a deal that I was involved with for probably 2 years). My motivation for switching to MTT’s is purely to do with game selection. I truly believe MTT’s are the softest games online at the moment. I found with cash games, particularly at 100 and 200 there was no room for taking breaks, the players are all solid and the game was developing every day. My main limits were NL50-200$/€ (played both higher and lower) with 50 being my bread and butter limit. Below is an 800k ish sample of my cash game journey. (Not all hands but the majority, from 20-200). I have samples on euro sites/PS.fr that I can’t get the histories for any longer (either no HUD support or in the case of PS.fr, no longer support for my UK account). I also cashed the SCOOP €1xx 6max placing 26th for ~€1k on PS.fr.
      I think the below sample is also not quite representative of my true WR, you only have to look at the graph to see that the first 200k hands I was a break-even player which obviously had a big impact on my overall WR in the sample.

In terms of more recent results and MTT’s, these are my recent cashes:
      $2,911 - $10+1 Daily Double 5/6957
      €1000 (approx) - €1xx SCOOP 6max 26/1k(ish) (Excluded in graph)
      $977 - $15+1.5 6max F/O 1/301
      $898 - $30+3R $33 Cubed 6max 1/52
      $717 - $30+3 Deep Stack 1/100
      €578 - €20+2 Microgaming F/O 1/100
      $577 - $2R 2 rebuy 4/1489

Many close results recently too, significant number of 6-20th places recently, quite a few disappointing final tables / ft bubbles, but many opportunities to develop into something. A noteable Sunday Million cash aswell. $308 283/5686, losing AI for CL AKvsAQ. Below is my sharkscope graph:

References:
      I have been backed by numerous people on PokerStrategy.com, should all be documented on here somewhere.
      I have had many dealings with a pokerstrategy member (he played 400-1k mainly) we have enjoyed making profit from a couple of long term deals, probably spent a good 2 years together with staking/coaching. I also flew to Denmark and stayed for 10 days to meet him in person. I had an intensive week of coaching / playing. I have also had a personal loan from the same person which I paid back on time, with interest. He should be able to vouch for my honesty, integrity and general approach. He should also be able to validate (not all but a good portion) of the results I have displayed here. I can provide contact information if required. (Upon his approval).
      I can probably pull up old staking threads too if you would like to see the results/approach I took.

Games / buyins:
      I would like to play solely scheduled. I don’t think I would have a particularly big edge (if any) at 180’s etc. I would like to play buyins up to <=$55 with the exception of ‘reds’ where I would like to be able to play up to $215 (so just the BIGs, Saturday 6 max, SM etc. etc.). It would also be nice to play cubed tournaments up to $33. I took a 33 cubed down last month and came 2nd in an $11 cubed I feel like they are good ‘filler’ games as they typically get 50-100 runners.
      I want to move up to these limits on a regular basis, rather than taking shots as I am at the moment. I understand I still have a lot to learn in terms of MTT’s but believe the field is soft enough and my edge is big enough to make a good return. I am also realistic; it is pointless me playing reg filled turbos etc. as edges are already smaller, variance is higher and there are people that know ICM/pushfold inside out. I know my strengths and my weaknesses. My strengths are in the longer, deeper, better structured MTT’s where I can gain an edge from playing postflop, conserving my stack and picking good spots. That being said, I do enjoy playing the $5.10 hyper turbo!

I think overall I have a realistic opinion of my own skill level, I know which games I have an edge in and which games I am a fish. I think I am capable of selecting the best value for money tournaments, with a reasonable level of variance. I don’t claim to be the world’s best player, but I have a solid (not exceptional by any means) track record. I have played in some tough games and held my own. I have proven that I can close out tournaments as well as run deep in majors.

Games per month:
      I am a little unsure as to what this number would be. I typically play 8-12 tables. I can play more but 8-12 I feel in the zone. I do work fulltime so I would not be a fulltime player. That being said I am more than willing to be in a longterm deal if it offered flexibility in terms of playing hours. It is possible that there will be weeks where I play every day and weeks where I play just one or two. I would aim (for the foreseeable) to be playing 3 evenings a week and one full day either Saturday or Sunday. It is noteworthy that on a Thursday I finish at 2pm and therefore can start my session much earlier. There will be times that I will be able to play both days at the weekend, times where I will play 1 full day and 1 evening and times where I will just play one day. My aim would to be to hit the above average, 3/5week days (Thurs longer session) and 1/2 weekend days. Where the above would be an average, allowing me to play less one week and more another. I would rather be straight up and honest from the get go so that you know exactly what to expect from me and vice versa. I am extremely motivated, but some weeks I will have more time than others. Obviously if I get a deal, I will intentionally manage my time/schedule poker into my calendar to make sure I can still hit reasonable volume.

References are available upon request. I have been staked multiple times, the majority profitable and with no issues. I had one stake 4-5 years ago that ended on bad terms, I am more than willing to disclose all details on this if necessary.

I know my results don't directly relate to the games I want to play, but I do feel the games are extremely soft and that I have a good edge. I am also committed to developing my game and will work as hard as possible to maximize our profits. If I don't manage to get a deal I will just continue playing small stakes on my own roll.

I am willing to negotiate and also willing to keep a blog/rail. I have a good mindset and would like to approach the stake like one would with any other business investment/venture.

Quoted for reference.

WARNING: BY STAKING THIS MEMBER YOU ARE RISKING A POTENTIAL LOSS BECAUSE OF FRAUD OR PLAYBAD/RUNBAD. AGREEING TO THIS STAKE IS YOUR SOLE RESPONSIBILITY. POKERSTRATEGY.COM TAKES NO RESPONSIBILITY FOR STAKING DEALS BETWEEN MEMBERS. FURTHERMORE POKERSTRATEGY.COM IS NOT EXPECTED TO TAKE PART IN VERIFYING ANY PLAYER NOR GUARANTEEING AGAINST ANY LOSS

Please note that the rules have been updated.
      Please review. Your feedback would be appreciated.

Good Luck :gl:

Cheers,
      SDK1987