Poker - The Second Coming

• nozfardu
      nozfardu
      Silver
      So I have Decided to take up the bankroll challenge.
      My name is John I am 45 years young from England.
      I played poker online a bit last year did pretty well then lost it all due to bad bankroll management.
      So after a break of probably a year or so I am back and this time i mean business.

If you meet me on the tables I go by Nozfardu in most poker rooms. (it's just some random name i made up when gaming and couldn't get a name through that wasn't already taken)

I will be playing mainly nl hold em with a bit of omaha sprinkled in. A lot of tournaments with some cash games and sit and gos.

So my starting bankroll will be $250 with a target of $2500 (some sites use euros for this challenge i will just count 1 euro as $1 as the exchange fluctuates a bit)

Here is how my balances look at sites i currently use.

Pokerstars $9.92
      Unibet $60.40
      Still to deposit $179.68 (This is money i am not sure where i will deposit yet. Pokerstars for sure but also some new sites to pick up some bonuses)

I have holdem manager 2 pro for tracking but Unibet doesn't allow tracking software so will do my best to count hands there.

Wish me luck :)
  • 8 replies
    • Lazza61
      Lazza61
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      Hey John,

Welcome to the 'Get Rich or Die Tryin' bankroll challenge. We will be looking forward to your first update which you should post by Monday of each week in Get Rich or Die Tryin' - The Bankroll Challenge - Reporting thread. Due to the Xmas holidays, it is not necessary to update until January 04th, 2016.

Have fun :gl:

Laz
    • nozfardu
      nozfardu
      Silver
      Just a quick update to keep track of my deposits

25 in pokerstars
      20 in coral poker
      25 in PKR

Things are so so. Bankrolls gone up mainly due to bonuses and winnings from free tickets from new sites.
      Been having a bad couple of days on the tables got it in good but a lot of coolers, especially on unibet. That site really hates me lol. I dunno whats going on there it's been really bad last 2 days. 3 bet all in with kings pre flop called with 52o and lose to a straight is probably the worst example. The players there seem really fishy but really lucky at the same time. If it continues i'll prob just quit the site as it's not linked to my pokerstrategy account and i don't really like you can't minimize the windows down so far.

Merry christmas to everyone
    • alphabah
      alphabah
      Basic
      please to be here
    • nozfardu
      nozfardu
      Silver
      Quick update on how things stand.

Current balances
      Pokerstars 79.68
      Coral 36.94
      PKR 28.06
      Unibet 61.20
      Not deposited 110.00

Bankroll 315.88

Hands played (cash) around 1500 (hard to count at unibet)
      Tournaments + Sng big fields played 42
      Sng (9 handed or less) 8

Quite happy with my progress so far showing a profit of $65 although i do have some bonuses to thank for that.
      Unibet has still been really annoying me at NL4 so i moved up to NL10 there even though it is against my bankroll rules. I did manage to recover some of my losses though. Cleared a 4 euro bonus there so still a little down on the tables but things look a lot better than they did.
      Pokerstars is going ok. I mainly play tourneys there, no big wins but reached cash a bit :)
      PKR i am only just starting and coral i am waiting for them to unlock my bet limits so i can play the speed tables.

Not back at work now until the 4th of january so planning to get some big sessions in (barring tilt - if i feel myself tilting i will walk away)

Going to try my luck at some satelites sunday for the big tourneys. Not gonna do to many though don't want to eat into my bankroll too much other than that it's grinding and more grinding.

Trying to do some study every day. watch a video or 2 a day and do some hand analysis see where i can improve. (plenty of room for improvement)

Other main thing is i need to stop my biggest leak. I hero call way too much. Hit a maniac today on NL10 on unibet that was in nearly every hand and raising flop turn and river nearly every hand. He was dominating the table and i got caught a couple of times hero calling him. Did manage to trap him in the end though and left the table with 23 euros so was all good eventually.
    • vonki
      vonki
      Coach
      Coach
      Looks like you're off to a good start!! :f_thumbsup:
    • nozfardu
      nozfardu
      Silver
      haha i was. things have gone a bit wonky.
      For the record alcohol and poker don't mix lol
      recovering slowly but its an uphill struggle
    • nozfardu
      nozfardu
      Silver
      So after a bad xmas due to alcohol mainly sigh. Here is how things stand.

Deposits made
      Pokerstars 40
      Unibet 20
      Party Poker 10

Current balances

Pokerstars 58.77
      Coral 38.35
      PKR 40.24
      Unibet 38.49
      Party Poker 24.38
      Not Deposit 40.00

Bankroll 240.23

Hands played around 5000
      tournaments 25ish
      sngs 10ish

Overall down 10 from my starting bankroll. I completely wiped my balances at pokerstars and unibet over xmas and had to re deposit. Played drunk and made some bad calls. Stupid but lesson learned. If i'm drinking then i will stick to the tv in future.

Still trying to find my medium. Zoom is not for me so i will be leaving that be.
      I enjoy tournaments do well early and middle stages but when it comes to late stages i try to push. Often get caught out. but once i make the money the steps are so small i figure its either min cash or final table. Too often it's min cash but one day its going to work out.
      SnGs are ok if times short. I do particularly well at these on the Unibet site where the opposition seems a bit softer. I am also finding NL10 a lot easier than NL4 on Unibet. So hard to range opponents at NL4 as they seem to go with any 2. So despite my bankroll not allowing NL10 play i am going to stick to NL10 and take a risk.
      My plan is to stick mainly to tournaments and SnGs now. I will continue with cash games at Unibet and maybe play a few elsewhere occasionally.

Hopefully i can recover some of my losses over the next week we will see.
    • SvenBe
      SvenBe
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      Hi nozfardu,

how is it going with your Challenge? We were missing your update in our weekly Get Rich or Die Tryin' - The Bankroll Challenge - Reporting thread -thread!

How are the MTT&SNG going? Let us know for an update!

CU,SvenBe